New Grower Using 12 Pot Ebb and Grow System

Hey NG1
I hope you don't mind if I barrow some advise from your expert grow team.
I'm switching to flower mode today. I'm going from a T5 4'X8 bulbs, to 1000 watt HPS. My HPS is dim able, And air cooled.
My question is how high should I put my light in the beginning, and how long
should I leave it there.

Thanks alot

PS- PV, Mc B, Butcher, OMM, I love your work. :grinjoint:

So I have found why my reservoir is filling so slowly!! It's been about 9 hours and I only have like 12-14 gallons in my reservoir! My water pressure going into the RO filter was 40psi. So I went to home depot on an emergency run and picked up an inline pump bringing my psi to 60. Now it should only be like another hour or two before I reach my goal of 30 gallons hopefully! Wish me luck! I'll post after the res change is complete!

One more thing. I bought Botanicare Cal Mag today. Is it 1 tsp per gallon of water?

Haven't seen McB in a couple of days.

Appears your fellow brother buckethead grower is using 4ml/gal, so you might want to start where you suggested; perhaps 2ml.

Trainwreck vs Super Jack / Ebb & Growin

I'll be curious to see what your RO ppm is after you put that pump in-line.

:peace:
SF

Haven't seen McB in a couple of days.

Appears your fellow brother buckethead grower is using 4ml/gal, so you might want to start where you suggested; perhaps 2ml.

Trainwreck vs Super Jack / Ebb & Growin

I'll be curious to see what your RO ppm is after you put that pump in-line.

:peace:
SF

funny. I was thinking the same thing in regards to McB! He is being missed. Do you think the inline pump would affect the ppm? I guess we will know in a few!

Do you think the inline pump would affect the ppm? I guess we will know in a few!

Well that's what I'm theorizing in my head. Only if you're overdoing your RO rated psi. I just think the unit wouldn't be as "efficient" and could be pushing unfiltered water. But again, I don't have much experience with RO systems, but I've read up on them.

Basically why I'm curious to see your results.

Thanks NG1
SF

SF,
Do you think I can only use 20 gallons this res change since I'm only in week two of veg?

How many pots you running? I think the manual says to use a minimum of 25 gallons, when you do the math, that would make sense. 2 gallons x 12 pots is 24 gallons.

SF

Well that's what I'm theorizing in my head. Only if you're overdoing your RO rated psi. I just think the unit wouldn't be as "efficient" and could be pushing unfiltered water. But again, I don't have much experience with RO systems, but I've read up on them.

Basically why I'm curious to see your results.

Thanks NG1
SF

The manual states 100 gal/day at 60psi. 80psi is the max and 60psi is recommended.

How many pots you running? I think the manual says to use a minimum of 25 gallons, when you do the math, that would make sense. 2 gallons x 12 pots is 24 gallons.

SF

Dumb question on my part! Lol! I guess I'm just anxious to change the res, mix the nutes in, feed my babies, hit the bong, and call it a night! Been at this all day to find out my psi was so low!

It is to reduce leaf transpiration. Less leaf = less water loss until it gets roots.

Looking good brother.

Thanks for stopping by. I think I was supposed to let the clone get used to the air before I transplanted it. It is looking really droopy in the ebb and grow. I transplanted it yesterday to a RR plug from the rockwool and stuck it in the hydroton. Probably a dumb and rookie mistake.

Thanks for stopping by. I think I was supposed to let the clone get used to the air before I transplanted it. It is looking really droopy in the ebb and grow. I transplanted it yesterday to a RR plug from the rockwool and stuck it in the hydroton. Probably a dumb and rookie mistake.

If it has good roots its good to go. They never really like the transition. Some cope better than others. 900ppm i think can be a little bit of a shock for some strains as well. That what doesn't kill us and all that. They grow so ridiculously fast in those ebb ' grow systems it wont matter if its stunted a few days.:passitleft:

UPDATE

Ok, the res change is finally over! It was a whole day thing but you live and you learn to do it easier the next go around! First, I switched my room around so that it's easier to change the res. Then, I ran into a water pressure problem and had to RUN to home depot to get a inline pump to raise my water psi into my RO filter! A huge headache! But it's finally over. So here goes the details:

25 gallons of RO water; ppm was 0!
Added 125 ml of FloraNova Grow
Added 250 ml of FloraBlend
Added 25 ml of Floralicious Plus
Added 2 ml/gal so a total of 50 ml of botanicare Cal-Mag

Final PPM was 900. :)
Balanced PH to 5.8.
Temp. is 75 degrees.
RH is 40.

It's been a long day. If I left something out, please let me know. So, how does everyone think I did for my first res change?

UPDATE

Ok, the res change is finally over! It was a whole day thing but you live and you learn to do it easier the next go around! First, I switched my room around so that it's easier to change the res. Then, I ran into a water pressure problem and had to RUN to home depot to get a inline pump to raise my water psi into my RO filter! A huge headache! But it's finally over. So here goes the details:

25 gallons of RO water; ppm was 0!
Added 125 ml of FloraNova Grow
Added 250 ml of FloraBlend
Added 25 ml of Floralicious Plus
Added 2 ml/gal so a total of 50 ml of botanicare Cal-Mag

Final PPM was 900. :)
Balanced PH to 5.8.
Temp. is 75 degrees.
RH is 40.

It's been a long day. If I left something out, please let me know. So, how does everyone think I did for my first res change?

Perfection.:welldone:

If it has good roots its good to go. They never really like the transition. Some cope better than others. 900ppm i think can be a little bit of a shock for some strains as well. That what doesn't kill us and all that. They grow so ridiculously fast in those ebb ' grow systems it wont matter if its stunted a few days.:passitleft:

It had no roots whatsoever. And I had it in a big plastic container for a few days before I pulled it out. It was just the stem. I made sure of it!

Back
Top Bottom