New Grower Using 12 Pot Ebb and Grow System

Looking much better!

yellow tips look like maybe Potassium or Calcium def. If you are using Cal-Mag run at about 4ml per gallon. That will handle magnesium and calcium as well a slight boost in Nitrogen. Potassium tends to lockout in the 6.0-6.5 range so keep your nutes down in the 5.5 area for a bit and see if it stops spreading. You should adjust pH so it floats between 5.5-6.2. Usually set it to 5.5 and let it float up to 6.2 then adjust back to 5.5 etc etc.

Thanks for the knowledge. Going to go check and balance my ph now!! And I'll be doing the 4ml per gallon on my next res change which is this upcoming weekend. Do you think I can still use only 25 gallons in my reservoir? When will I need to bump that up?

So here goes some pics I took yesterday. They seem to be doing ok. Just maybe got the jitters about everything. Temp in room is 74. RH is 41. PPM was 1240.

NG1. What are you nervous about?

Plants look really good from seeds in your time-frame. You've got a bunch of eyeballs here. You'll get the nutes dialed in soon enough, I'm confident.

Shit looks tight man!

:goodjob:

SF

Hey Everyone!! Once again, I could not have gotten this far without all the support I get from all of you!! The help is priceless! Words will neve describe the gratitude and appreciation I have for alot of you in here! And sorry if I've been silent for the past week. Work has kept me away from home and I came home today to do a res change and to take a few pics so that I can post on here. I'm gone for another week after tomorrow but then no more traveling for a long time! Need as much time as I can for my ladies. Just couldn't avoid this trip. I will be doing some journal reading to catch up on everyones progress. Hope all is well! Pics up later! :thumb:

Hey everyone! Sorry if I've been missing in action. Just been traveling for work. I'm about to put up the details of my res change that I did before I left home. Sorry about no pics. Will have to wait till I return on Monday. Can't wait till I get back to my babies! And I miss reading journals. By Tuesday afternoon, I should be all caught up an you all will b tired of me posting! LOL!

April 18th
Added 320ml of FN grow
Added 400ml of FloraBlend
Added 40ml of Floralicious Plus
Added 160ml of cal mag
Ppm is 1630
Ph is 5.6
Temp is 72
Rh is 46.

I just had a VERY close person check and the ppm as of a fee minutes ago is 1800. He will be balancing the ph to 5.5-6.0. He says they look good but two are starting to lean a bit. I forgot to pick up the bamboo sticks. That will be the first thing done when I return!! You guys think I should be ok till Monday night?

Hey everyone! Sorry if I've been missing in action. Just been traveling for work. I'm about to put up the details of my res change that I did before I left home. Sorry about no pics. Will have to wait till I return on Monday. Can't wait till I get back to my babies! And I miss reading journals. By Tuesday afternoon, I should be all caught up an you all will b tired of me posting! LOL!

April 18th
Added 320ml of FN grow
Added 400ml of FloraBlend
Added 40ml of Floralicious Plus
Added 160ml of cal mag
Ppm is 1630
Ph is 5.6
Temp is 72
Rh is 46.

I just had a VERY close person check and the ppm as of a fee minutes ago is 1800. He will be balancing the ph to 5.5-6.0. He says they look good but two are starting to lean a bit. I forgot to pick up the bamboo sticks. That will be the first thing done when I return!! You guys think I should be ok till Monday night?

If they're leaning in to the light, if he can rotate the plant 180 that will solve it. If they're leaning from the weight, then they can likely wait til monday no prob methinks.

:goodjob::peacetwo::Rasta:

NG, sounds good bro. i just picked up a 24 pack of 3' bamboo stakes at walmart for like $3. thought it was a pretty good deal and wanted to share it with you. hope it helps.

best part about going away for a little bit is seeing the big difference in growth when you get back.

I know McBudz!! I can't wait to get home. I should be there by tonight! I was going to have my friend start my res change but I told him to hold off until I got there. I told him to measure the plants and he told me they are 23" from the top of the hydroton! Do you guys think I should start flower? They went into the pots on March 30th. I did three res changes. So I'm calculating that as 4 weeks. But based off of the GH chart, I should do one more res change in Growth. What do you guys think?

Yeah 23 inches is pretty tall. Strain depending they can grow 3-5 times their height when switched to 12/12. I would switch as soon as you can. I just put my last round into flower at 2 feetish. Its going to get waaay crowded in my tent over the next few weeks.

Yeah 23 inches is pretty tall. Strain depending they can grow 3-5 times their height when switched to 12/12. I would switch as soon as you can. I just put my last round into flower at 2 feetish. Its going to get waaay crowded in my tent over the next few weeks.

Thanks McB! You always are quick to answer my questions!! I'll update after I switch the lights and change res to flower! I'm excited to get back!

So I'm calculating that as 4 weeks. But based off of the GH chart, I should do one more res change in Growth. What do you guys think?

Hey NG1.

I know you must be excited to get back home. Can't wait for some new pics.

Just wanted to give you a little FYI info. That GH Chart is based on "average" plants, not really MJ specific. Also, on that chart/calculator, you can change any duration of the schedule you want, for example, you can drop off a week of veg, or flowering, and when you make that change on the calculator, your "shopping list" for nute purchasing will reflect what you need to buy.

So basically, I'm saying just use that chart for feeding amounts, not necessarily the time frame that they list for each cycle.

Now with that said, at 23", I'm looking forward to seeing some MONSTERS at your place in the near future.

:cheesygrinsmiley:

Have a safe trip home man!
SF

Hey NG'er at 23" you are going to have monsters. :yahoo:

Just a little hint that came from Pitviper re change to bloom, hit them with 30 hrs of darkness and then switch to 12-12. Also he would do a res flush during this time as well. Nothing but fresh water for three days or so, and then bloom nutes.

Of course you may want to confirm that with PV to make sure I have the details correct (if you decide to do it).

Buddy if you thought you were having fun before just wait. I just came from checking my room and my fingers are sticking to the keyboard.

Keep it up

McB, PV, and SF,

What do you think about the res flush? Just straight water for three days? Also, looking at my GH chart, I should be mixing in transition stage right?

I have always gone veg to bloom nutes and skipped the transition. Only flush I do is at the end pre harvest. This is with Technaflora BC series veg to GH Flora Series Bloom.

Back
Top Bottom