New here from large state

Funny you say that... best/healthiest plants I've grown have been Blueberry strain. I'm on high calcium TX well water. Interesting, I never knew why those few girls did so much better.
Not sure how it will affect other mediums, but I've never noticed adverse reaction to the water. PH is always good.... I just roll with it.
Love the new emoji too Preston....

Thanks everyone.
Now I have an idea of what I need to do. Seems my water isn't so bad and after I kill my bag seeds I'll get blueberry. Once I get up and running we'll revisit these topics and more.

1400ppm!? Damn, you could chip a tooth on that water. You might be okay growing with it but the problem is that high concentrations of dissolved positive multivalent ions like calcium and magnesium will mess with the plant's uptake of phosphorus and potassium. The other detriment is that it's going to take a lot of acid to make small changes in pH. With water that hard you don't want to use a water softener because it replaces the multivalent (healthy) ions with monovalent (sodium) ions. RO is going to be your best bet.

On the bright side, osteoporosis will never be an issue.

Holy crap Rider, I can't believe I made it through such large words and it's only 7:30 in the morning LMAO. Actually, I had no idea that that was the case when it came to high PPM counts from the wall. Thanks for the information brother....so both high PPM and CBD and osteoporosis is a thing of the past.

I checked out the plant abuse chart thread by fallen cannabis warrior.(a must read)

Looks like I'll be adding n p k as a floral spray???? Because of root lock???
Or be prepared to do that if I have trouble filtering my water.

I have been checking out everybody's threads and grow journals. Lots to read.

This most definitely points me in the right direction.

For sure you're on the right track my friend, don't be too humble as to not ask questions moving forward. Everyone is here to help.

I'll have plenty to ask. But first things first. I put off buying things till I could get a feel for the direction I needed to go. Different stuff for soil vs hydro. Test kits, nutes.

Back
Top Bottom