New here from large state

ZebSoames

Hello everyone. Quick background. 52. Dysfunctional Veteran. Exit Drug. Army loves opioids. Over 17 years army. SSG. Retired.
2.5x2.5x5.2 tent.
300w Led maxsisun dimmable. 25w t5 led.
Ebb an flow.
Bag Seeds...... Still need a few more items before I can start. So wish me luck

You got all the gear, so maybe invest in proper seeds from @SeedsMan or another sponsor. I learned the hard way (and wasted a season doing it) that it all comes down to genetics. There are some good threads on here relating to opioids...look for Opioid Tapering Regime started by @SweetSue. I grow in soil, but I think @Guy Cavallero grows DWC.

Anyway...welcome! Get growing and make lots of mistakes...it's the best way to learn.

:goodluck:

You got all the gear, so maybe invest in proper seeds from @SeedsMan or another sponsor. I learned the hard way (and wasted a season doing it) that it all comes down to genetics. There are some good threads on here relating to opioids...look for Opioid Tapering Regime started by @SweetSue. I grow in soil, but I think @Guy Cavallero grows DWC.

Anyway...welcome! Get growing and make lots of mistakes...it's the best way to learn.

:goodluck:
Yer man good genetics are the foundation of any successful grow. Welcome sarge! Good luck on your journey. We'll be watching!

Yer suppose its a good jump off point. Get all your starter mistakes outta ya system. Makes sense. I did kill 3 babies at the begginin of my first solo adventure lol. Maybe get one of them brita water filters. Much cheaper than the reverse osmosis filters peole are rolling with. Should help you out some.

@Van Stank might be able to answer the query regarding high ppm from the wall. I know he's on his custom soil so PH and ppm aren't as big to him, but he'll have a suggestion ..also an ex marine so it'll be cool to get the intro done.

Thanks @DV-travis for serving your country....the mental and physical aren't easy to deal with. We've seen it here before. You're a good man.

I'm a soil guy but I do have a single DWC bucket going during each grow.

Let me ask you.....how do you know what trace elements you're getting from the wall? Your 1400.....it could be any of the elements. You could try (when you're ready).....to grow a strain like Blueberry which has higher Calcium needs that other plants.......just a thought.

Welcome to the forum my friend!

@Van Stank might be able to answer the query regarding high ppm from the wall. I know he's on his custom soil so PH and ppm aren't as big to him, but he'll have a suggestion ..also an ex marine so it'll be cool to get the intro done.

Thanks @DV-travis for serving your country....the mental and physical aren't easy to deal with. We've seen it here before. You're a good man.

Let me ask you.....how do you know what trace elements you're getting from the wall? Your 1400.....it could be any of the elements. You could try (when you're ready).....to grow a strain like Blueberry which has higher Calcium needs that other plants.......just a thought.

Thats who it was!. Good man @Guy Cavallero

Thanks @Guy Cavallero

I had my well water tested. Nothing in it but Calcium. Hard on my plumbing. Shower heads. Water heater. Sucks.
I'll just have to filter it out then. Better for the hydroponics. And the Ph is in the 6 range.

Well hello Dysfunctional Veteran. :hug:

I don’t buy the disfunctional part, but I’ll give you leeway until we get to know each other better. Lol! If you’re referring to some PTSD, you’re in the right neighborhood Sarge. :battingeyelashes: That’s why you’re choosing cannabis.

Are you still using opioids and hoping to taper off? We can hold your hand and guide you through that process and be honored to help you do so. As you’re about to discover we have a large cotillion of veterans, and the military lives opiates. We took it upon ourselves to find safe ways out of the opiate minefield.

You’ll have no lack of talented hydro guys to call on. I grow passive hydro in hempy pots myself, hydro vigor without all the water and noise. I can’t help you on the active hydro other than cheerleading, and I’m good at that. :cheer:

Good to have you among us. We look forward to getting better acquainted. Anything we can help you with, you have only to ask.

Thank you @SweetSue

Once I retired the VA helped me stop that stuff. One for the VA. Thus the Exit drug comment earlier.
More than just ptsd. I have 8screws and 4plates in my neck. Army 12B. So alot of pain and mobility issues.

You’ll benefit from a good topical, when you’re able. Good to hear you’re opiate-free. :hug::hug::hug:

Well, wish I could be more help but I have no experience with DWC or how a high calcium water would impact it.

In soil its tough to have too much calcium.....hell I think Doc runs his kit at about an 18:1 calcium to mag ratio. I will have to defer to someone with a DWC background to give you input into what to do in your situation.

I am gonna grab a seat regardless and see what we can all learn here.

Well, wish I could be more help but I have no experience with DWC or how a high calcium water would impact it.

In soil its tough to have too much calcium.....hell I think Doc runs his kit at about an 18:1 calcium to mag ratio. I will have to defer to someone with a DWC background to give you input into what to do in your situation.

I am gonna grab a seat regardless and see what we can all learn here.
Hmmm. I know @Troy01 gave some good advice about nutes the other day hes messed about with soil, dwc, coco you name it. By the way if anybody has a problem with me tagging em for advice please let me know because if i think your the person for the job I WILL try and rope u in lol

Funny you say that... best/healthiest plants I've grown have been Blueberry strain. I'm on high calcium TX well water. Interesting, I never knew why those few girls did so much better.
Not sure how it will affect other mediums, but I've never noticed adverse reaction to the water. PH is always good.... I just roll with it.

There you go dude.....some heavy hitters to help with some of the toughies........lol. Good question about the high ppm and Ebb and flow. @Rider509, @Scrogdawg ......any idea how a high ppm well water count would affect a Ebb and flow system? Sarge suspects it's high calcium.

Back
Top Bottom