New here, looking for some help!

MacSalt

420 Member
Alright, so this is my first grow, I'm just a little over 2 weeks in and starting to see some yellowing. Havent started any nutes. Not sure what else I'm forgetting. Thanks in advance.
Ph- 6.5
Mars hydro ts1000 set at 24 inches
Fox farm ocean soil
Temp 75-80
RH-50-58

Attachments

• 20190827_150253.jpg
    20190827_150253.jpg
    394.8 KB · Views: 90
  • 20190827_150243.jpg
    20190827_150243.jpg
    348.4 KB · Views: 101
:welcome:

How frequently are you watering it? Also, what is the recommended height from the plant for your lights? Mine are 36 inches during veg, 24 inches during flower. The yellowing I can see is so minimal. I'm wondering if its time to Feed, or move the light up, or don't water as much.

I thought with the Mars that is was 18-24 during veg. Now I'm going to have a look again. As for watering I'm waiting till I see the plant droop a bit and show signs of needing water, typically 2 days

First, welcome!

I think your plants look really good. Personally, I don't think that they need nutes at this stage - leaves are a nice healthy green colour, perhaps even a little dark. If you do start feeding, I'd suggest you start quite diluted. That being said, I wonder if perhaps you have a calcium deficiency? LEDs can drive the need for more CA, and can lead to yellowing spots. Not sure though, so hopefully some soil-growers can chime in. Are you allowing the pH to bounce around a bit? Different minerals/nutrients are available at different pHs.

Yes, I think 18-24" for the lights sounds right.

@Emilya is the expert on watering, so tagging her here. She has a really helpful thread on watering techniques to develop healthy roots. I suspect she might encourage you to let them dry out even more. If I understand her technique correctly, in between "big" waterings you can do a really light watering for the top roots, allowing the bottom of the pot to dry out completely. But her guide will explain it better.

Good luck with it.

I'm so glad I found this thread. How is your plant doing now? Can you post a new picture? I'm actually doing the same type of set up. I have noticed similar type of yellowing on my new plant (GSC) 1 week old. I always use ocen forest but this time I'm using strawberry fields soil combined together, lighting is Mars hydro ts1000, I hope your grow is going good still. I agree it is very minimal and I'm guessing it went away.

Back
Top Bottom