Ok just got my 4 inch inline fan and carbon filter but I think it is to big to put in tent. Can I mount it outside with ducking?
Lost on what to do.
thx
happy growing

It doesn't matter which kind but it would be costly so you should order some ph down good luck on your journey

I love my green girls

Hi! Welcome... I was having A LOT of trouble getting my seeds to crack. They were gifted to me by a grower I know nearby. They seemed to be a little old and Hydrogen Peroxide SAVED my grow. I was having no success germinating my seeds. I tried every which method but they failed EVERY time. I did every method glass/paper towel/peat pellet/coco pellet/straight to soil.

It was only when I introduced a small amount of H202 that things took off! So to explain completely... I let the seeds soak in a glass of water. About a cup of water with one capful of H202. After 24 hours many had cracked but dome hadn't and I placed them between paper towels and used a fresh batch of water with H202 added again to moisten them. I used a ceramic bowel topped with a ceramic plate to keep them absolutely dark and insulated. I placed the dish on top of my wireless router. Perfect amount of heat and it dispersed well through the ceramic bowl. I kept a spray bottle with the same H202 mixture to moisten the towels every 12 hours or when it would get a little dry. I waited for each one to show its tap root and planted them directly in soil... just BARELY under the soil. I tried a couple in pellets but ended up putting them in soil too. My soil is BioBizz All mix with extra perlite about 70/30. Biobizz is a very good organic soil mix. If you are working in soil with organic nutes you can be a bit more lenient with your ph as the soil works as a natural buffer. I kept spraying the sprouts with a weaker Water/H202 mix and then a weaker one. slowly weaning them off the 'superwater'. I now have 10 healthy seedlings.

You can take a look my my grow and see what a horrible time I had with germination. I also have a Mars 300 as well. I coaxed the sprouts into seedlings with the help of some 30 watt cfls though. I also have some 150 watt cfls I will be adding in and plan on getting another LED panel (not sure what yet) to add in for flower. You can definitely get started under a Mars 300... but I would recommend getting a few cfls for sprouts because they have a bit of warmth to them, seedlings seem to like them and you can use them to supplement your Mars.

Best of luck. My name is Kitty. I am new to this as well but I can try and help where I can. Take some pics and show us whats going on. Even if its just a tap root on your first seed! Pictures will get your grow more attention and therefor more help!

xxKitty
>^..^<

Well 4 seeds that are left over from my plant I grew outside. Ok seeds are all not sinking maybe not good seeds. Try it and see. New seeds on the way.
happy growing

Well 4 seeds that are left over from my plant I grew outside. Ok seeds are all not sinking maybe not good seeds. Try it and see. New seeds on the way.
happy growing

Subbed in. I recently bought the same setup only difference is I have 2 300w. I'm only working off 1 trail run grow and am just soaking up knowledge so I probably can't offer much knowledge that you don't already know lol eager to see how your grow goes

Ok here is waht I got going. Price wize.
1. tent and light $145.95 27x27xx63 tent 300mars led.
2. Inline fan & carbon filter & fan speed adjuster. $104.95
3.Soil made for free $00.00
4. Timer & ph temp. light, hygro $73.00
5. seeds $77.00

Still trying my old seeds. But new seeds on the way.
Happy growing all

Ok here is waht I got going. Price wize.
1. tent and light $145.95 27x27xx63 tent 300mars led.
2. Inline fan & carbon filter & fan speed adjuster. $104.95
3.Soil made for free $00.00
4. Timer & ph temp. light, hygro $73.00
5. seeds $77.00

Still trying my old seeds. But new seeds on the way.
Happy growing all

Hey... I would of left them in the cup for 24 hours but that is okay... Did the seeds sink to the bottom of the cup?

Make sure the paper towels stay moist but not soaking wet. ABSOLUTE DARKNESS. Be patient. Only check every 12 hours. Don't TOUCH the seeds... the oils on your hands can be lethal. I used rubber gloves and tweezers. Using a spray bottle with a fresh mixture of water and H202 to spray the paper towels seems to keeps the paper light and airy. The seeds need oxygen, water, darkness, and warmth to sprout. You don't want the paper towels to be waterlogged and dense. Warm but not hot... Don't put them near a radiator or oven... that is too hot. I know I have said it before but I found my wifi router to be the perfect temp. When they DO show their tap root... again DON'T touch. Wash your hands, use rubber gloves, or better yet... both! Since they seem to be 'problem' seeds like mine I would recommend making the smallest hole in the soil. gently use tweezers to gently grasp the seed and put the tap root down and cover it with just a small amount of dirt so the baby sprout doesn't have to fight so hard to get through. BUT you DO have to cover it with enough dirt so that it is again in TOTAL darkness.

Sorry so wordy... I was in your position just two weeks ago and it was SO FRUSTRATING. I too ended up ordering a couple white widow seeds thinking my seeds were just duds... but I got them to sprout and now I can save the WW for my next grow. I have 9 seedlings growing everyday more and more now. Don't lose hope :)

xxKitty

W

No they did not sink at first. So I think they are not very good seeds But trying the h2o2 thing. Just trying to learn and fail. Then win!!!!
Happy growing

But it has givein me time to check out how the tent is working. Changed up a few things. Going to put the inline fan on the outside and the carbon filter in the exit hole with 6" ext. though the wall. Filter in the tent. I think I will keep the filter in the bag tell it starts to smell. I am cheap or try to be.
happy growing

Back
Top Bottom