New LED light

I see a sticker 3000k then a Samsung Stamp farther down the light

Thats a GREAT light. I run several HLG lights now with r-spec added.

600W lamp pull at the wall is one of their top sellers. You are holding a $800 lamp there.
You should thank your buddy.

As mentioned top bin lamps in a different league than Mars. Not dissing Mars just a few steps up is all.

Upgrades are good.

I run timber cob and QB boards all with R-spec or red spectrum

There should be a way to dim it. HLG went to a different driver (transformer) company this year. They used to use Meanwell which carries a 7 year warranty. Not sure why they swithced but that's the latest driver they are using.

Not sure why they swithced but that's the latest driver they are using.

A little cheaper to purchase, same or slightly better efficiency, IP67 dust/water resistance rating. The most powerful one (possibly the most powerful one for wiring boards in series, I'm not sure which) is significantly more powerful than Meanwell's, meaning the assembler might be able to use just one instead of two. It's made in China, but AFaIK, so are the Meanwell products.

A Bud sent sent me his light because he was tired of failing growing indoors. This light didn’t come with any paperwork, so I don’t quite know the specs other than what’s on the driver.
It says HorticultureLightingGroup.com on the panels and says 6 amp draw at 110v, this looks to be a huge step up from my Mars TS600. lol.
I’m trying to figure out if it’s 100% full spectrum and the distance from the light to the flowering plants
image.jpg
image.jpg
Your friend is quick to quit... lucky you. That looks like the HLG 600 watt DIY kit. Nice light, did you know if you email HLG, they have a dimmer for that light? It’s very intense and hot without dimming. Dimmed all the way I started some seedlings under it so once you get the dimmer it’s an even better light.

Your friend is quick to quit... lucky you. That looks like the HLG 600 watt DIY kit. Nice light, did you know if you email HLG, they have a dimmer for that light? It’s very intense and hot without dimming. Dimmed all the way I started some seedlings under it so once you get the dimmer it’s an even better light.

Uh... Can we get a translation, please?

Changing to different parts changes the warranty. With the meanwell drivers they offered a 3 year warranty and if your driver went bad you could likely hit up meanwell for a replacement for 7 years. Now they switched driver companies - offer 1 year warranty now.

The new driver likely not able to get a replacement from the manufacturer. Moving target.

Here is the datasheet for the transformer, it will tell you what you need to dim it
Or just contact the company (Inventronics) and I'm sure they'd love to sell you the dimmer for it and tell you how to wire it.

You need to wire it unless IHG did it for you. The meanwell drivers already had a dial in the top of the driver case you could use a screw driver to dim with.

Looks like the new driver here you need to wire in a dimmer pot or use some controller you have to hook up extra. I'd be running it full and keep the driver cooled with a clip fan. Bigger flowers.

I called Inventronics today, the guy told me he could sell one or I could buy a 20k-40k potentiometer and install it on the gray and purple wires coming of the Driver. Sounds easy enough.
I had to unplug that beast because even at 36” it was cooking my seedling.

I called Inventronics today, the guy told me he could sell one or I could buy a 20k-40k potentiometer and install it on the gray and purple wires coming of the Driver. Sounds easy enough.
I had to unplug that beast because even at 36” it was cooking my seedling.

Be sure to check what resistance the pot should be. You get the wrong size resistors then the lamp wont do 100%. They actually run best wide open.

The intensity is about the same as 1000k hid. Bright af. You're just not used to it. Plants be ok. The sun is WAY more intense. Will increase watering requirements due to plants transpiring more. That will make your plants grow larger. Larger plants bigger yields. Frosty af too.

I went with the COB led's from Timber lights. Better LED light from a different direction lol.

Main thing I didn't do was to research the light before I commented. Figured that would be the first thing the new owner did. Sounds like if that was done then the reviews would have said it all for the person.

Elvin, I also have a huge collection of lights lol. Most all mine work great for growing. Most mine came from updating my systems. I now plan to use the best light for each situation. Ie, Start light, veg light, and flower light. My hair is frizzy enough! I don't wire my own light systems LMAO.
Which Timber, light spectrum and how's it working out for you? Thanks

Which Timber, light spectrum and how's it working out for you? Thanks
Hey Johnny, just a heads up... be sure to check the posting dates. I think you woke up a thread from 2015, and this one from August.
:ganjamon:

Hey Johnny, just a heads up... be sure to check the posting dates. I think you woke up a thread from 2015, and this one from August.
:ganjamon:
Thanks, actually I initially created an account in 2015....and yes, I know I was late to the August post. Just curious about the Timber. I have a Fatty with 5 -1750k, 2 -3k and 2-4k lamps. Average color temp of around 2500k. I'm on my first growth with it in RDWC, running Cultured Solutions and 4 auto's just to get the feel for the fixture.

Ok; they are shit lights just like every other Blurple. If you see $69.99; F-ing run!!!!
Anything that needs a cooling fan and makes Blurple light is not what you want to waste your money on.
You can grow "OK" weed with them but that is it.
Uh hmm, what about those kindled lights? Those look badass!!! Expensive as hell but I bet it grows a tasty nugget!

They seem to be ok. Some of their older lights were the so so blurple stuff.
There's so much out there with so many claims as well as biased testimonials from people who want to justify their purchases. If i was just starting out, had deep pockets and was very serious about lighting i would check out what different commercial growers were using. Even if they're not mentioning their lights i sometimes watch documentaries like growing exposed and pay attention to the gear in the background.

Back
Top Bottom