New - Mainlining/Manifolding Newbie - Advice?

:):)
How long have you been growing for, this is your 3rd run at it? Maybe it's time to make it more than a closet grow, or maybe think big for the next run? Grow big or go home is what they say. :)

With that question, yes there would be a difference. Although your plant would love the 100k lux, if you don't maintain adequate c02 levels (even normal c02 levels, plants eat that shit up) then there would be wasted energy. If you were also supplying enough c02, then the more power the greater, the plant will litterly work faster to build itself (aka take the carbon from the c02)
If you are to double c02 levels of what's normal (300 ppm to 600ppm) you'll see an increase of 35% growth or more if other conditions are met.
In the case you refrence, if you have adequate air flow to maintain regular c02 levels, than the 100k lux becomes more efficent than the 40k lux. (Plant has double the amount of photons to grow, so theoretically, you could have the same amount of growth in a lower amount of time.

If they are taking off now, maybe it's best to start the switch to 12/12? Then in a week or two, you can take a clone.
Not long... have some GI issues and nothing was working and a friend suggested I tried some butter he had, and it helped... that plus I'm cheap and like to do things myself= here I am.
It's strictly pc so not looking at going bigger- quite the opposite really- I just want to learn how to get the most out of each single plant..

If I could somehow seal the area it would be fun to try the co2.....

You know, I'm thinking of switching over but have been wanting to try to get everyone on the same basic schedule and my dwc is still pretty small. Might move that until they are ready and just switch these 4 girls. I'll sleep on it.

Sent from mikeytv

Haha, there is nothing wrong with being cheap, I think it makes a person a little wiser. :p. So you're probably going to want to make edibles? You either need a lot of herb, or really potent herb :p. Hell, if you're good enough, you can use your trim to make edibles.

Tuck tape, duct tape and caulking. :).

I'd say, continue rocking what you know and these four plants will fill your entire area, although waiting another week doesn't hurt either, your plants seem to be growing as an indica, and Ive noticed by growing them that they don't get very tall in veg under 24/7 light.

20160924_175815.jpg

This was 1 plant

Haha, there is nothing wrong with being cheap, I think it makes a person a little wiser. :p. So you're probably going to want to make edibles? You either need a lot of herb, or really potent herb :p. Hell, if you're good enough, you can use your trim to make edibles.

Tuck tape, duct tape and caulking. :).

I'd say, continue rocking what you know and these four plants will fill your entire area, although waiting another week doesn't hurt either, your plants seem to be growing as an indica, and Ive noticed by growing them that they don't get very tall in veg under 24/7 light.

Can nothing not be solved with duck tape and caulk...is that a double double negative?
I am going to try and wait a week but I gotta tell ya, they are looking like they are ready to blast off... now my holy basil- looks like shit but my girls look so pretty! Thank you michaels2016- great name...

Sent from mikeytv

received_1124717707565492.jpeg
received_1126642177373045.jpeg

That's how they finished

Looks tasty...
c6c7d561df8fcb20c49e7053259fab7c.jpg

These are a couple from my last harvest. As mentioned earlier- all had main colas and only a few sub colas- is that what they are called?
Really my first grow had denser colas than number 2 - just meaty girls! But not a lot- 2 plants with one mainlined once so two main colas and other plant just a single cola.
Idk, a lot difference between two grows... and I'm sure this one two...
425f2367c0626aa96e319de2627b09fc.jpg

One of my first girls- she was cool! Lol

Sent from mikeytv

e6fb719644190521ea2a3111e459a0dc.jpg

This might also help to date them-
This is January 4. I think with pattern you can figure out who is who.

Sent from mikeytv

Those are some very nice plants, pretty good job you did. :) I'm glad I could be of some assistance, your current plants will for sure be bigger than what you've had so far. :)
It's interesting we have the same names xD or very close to. I was meant to help, my young grasshopper. (You're probably older than me) haha.

f054c41bc951761aa0949466a7127aac.jpg

Amazed how much growth can occur in a night. I'm inclined to trim and fimm and just spread them even more but now worried about space again. I'm seeing how one or two plants are more than adequate for pc if spread and trained correctly.
I spread another gallon of nuted water over the girls last night and they seem to love it. I am about half strength with my nutes...

Sent from mikeytv

Update-
I moved my 3 gallons to 5 gallons before I switch to flower. I understand It's not much of a step up but I think it will benefit the girls long term.
All are growing very well. I did some more trimming today and some more fimming and bending/ tying down. With the move to larger pots, 2 had to have some additional tie downs.
Also, as I repotted the two and was looking at switching to flower- while they are very low to pot they are spread wide- maybe 6-8 inches today so 3 times size in flower should still keep these under 3 maybe 2 feet! Crazy if I can still get the yield I want.
With this technique it would seem one plant is all a pc user would need- i have more cola sites (through mainlining) on one plant Than I think I may have had in my total grow #2.
After repotting I flushed all 4 girls. Saturated with no nute water, drained, and no standing water after.
When should I start the flower nutes? Wait until I officially switch or can I do it a week out of start of flower - or should I keep the girls free of nutes for this week until I switch to flower?
All help is appreciated!
420-magazine-mobile1977855435.jpg
420-magazine-mobile750715973.jpg

Sent from mikeytv

Update-
I moved my 3 gallons to 5 gallons before I switch to flower. I understand It's not much of a step up but I think it will benefit the girls long term.
All are growing very well. I did some more trimming today and some more fimming and bending/ tying down. With the move to larger pots, 2 had to have some additional tie downs.
Also, as I repotted the two and was looking at switching to flower- while they are very low to pot they are spread wide- maybe 6-8 inches today so 3 times size in flower should still keep these under 3 maybe 2 feet! Crazy if I can still get the yield I want.
With this technique it would seem one plant is all a pc user would need- i have more cola sites (through mainlining) on one plant Than I think I may have had in my total grow #2.
After repotting I flushed all 4 girls. Saturated with no nute water, drained, and no standing water after.
When should I start the flower nutes? Wait until I officially switch or can I do it a week out of start of flower - or should I keep the girls free of nutes for this week until I switch to flower?
All help is appreciated!
420-magazine-mobile1977855435.jpg
420-magazine-mobile750715973.jpg

Sent from mikeytv

You should never transplant and then put your plants in flower. Once you transplant, wait at least a week before you switch. (Root growth slows down in flowering) so you may be left with a bunch of unused space in your pot. Also, there is no reason to flush before flower, in the first 2 weeks, your plant uses a lot of nitrogen to power it's Bursts of growth, but since you flushed, I'd water with nutes then have the plant go in its first 12 hour cycle. :)

Those things are looking beautiful. :)

You should never transplant and then put your plants in flower. Once you transplant, wait at least a week before you switch. (Root growth slows down in flowering) so you may be left with a bunch of unused space in your pot. Also, there is no reason to flush before flower, in the first 2 weeks, your plant uses a lot of nitrogen to power it's Bursts of growth, but since you flushed, I'd water with nutes then have the plant go in its first 12 hour cycle. :)

Those things are looking beautiful. :)

Ok, good news is I haven't switched yet so I will just let them chill for a few days in the new pots before going to a 12/12. Thanks again!
It is something I was disappointed by last grow. Neither 3 or 5 gallon pots space was used much for roots. I can't remember when I put them in the pots but they only used maybe a third of the pot - again, not a biggie on that grow as I had too many to begin with i do want to learn how to maximize roots pre flower so I can really blast the buds(ok I'm a little medicated...)

So....... do you even think flushing is necessary if the plants are healthy? Should I split a gallon of nute water now even though I just saturated the pots a few hours ago? Or wait a day or two?

Sent from mikeytv

3 gallon to 5 is a big step up. I've noticed a difference in the thickness of my plants when theyre in bigger pots.

I have read and been told a 2 gallon up isn't often recommended as the stress outweighs the space benefit. They said, I see a big difference and the are actually sitting a little above the pot so it's a completely filled 5 gallon. Hopefully they will like the new home.

Sent from mikeytv

When you up-pot, you're always suppose to double the size of the previous container, so 3-5 isn't all that bad but that also depends on the method you used. Was your plants semi root bound in the 3 gallon? If they were, did you lightly and gently disturb the roots so they stop growing constrictively? If they were just reaching the ends of the pots and heading down, that's a good time to transplant. Flushing with just ph'd water isn't necessary for the way I grow, although if you are to flush with low strength nutrient water, that's different. One thing about flushing every once and while is, it'll help remove built up salts from unused nutrients and the salts that are caused by water evaporation from the soil. If you flush with low strength nutes, you wash away salts and keep your roots from being stressed. So even when a plant is healthy, you still want to make sure salt levels don't build up (kinda why you use half strength or less nutrients every watering, full strength could leave to many salts, then when you water next, you are mixing the water with those concentrated salts and potentially burning the roots.

Don't worry about adding nutrients today, when in doubt though, you can foliar feed. Since you transplanted the proper way, do not water until it'd normally be your 2nd watering, this is when you want your soil to get dry so the roots go into the new mix.
I do run a drain to waste and reuse for the next watering, so I use an abundance of water.

Back
Top Bottom