New - Mainlining/Manifolding Newbie - Advice?

Tuck a little longer then let them go vertical. How much room do you have between your light and the scrog?

StarKiller OG - Rockwool - Ebb & Flow - 1200W LED - 2016
New Member Start Links
How do I top my plants?
Auto Growers Unite - A Community Thread

I'm good for 3 feet. From canopy to light. So another 18 inches would be fine if not more.
Is there a week or time to let them go vertical? I keep thinking they are already about 15-20 inches from dirt to canopy when you include their horizontal height so that's 3 feet above the current canopy after taking that into account.

Sent from mikeytv

Ok guys and gals. So I'm done tucking. If I don't quick now, I have a feeling I won't ever stop.

I have questions.
should I be trimming any of the leaves? I want more light in and I trimmed prior to switching but these girls are happy and growing like crazy right now. Leaves are not letting as much like under the scrog and wasn't sure if maybe I'm doing something wrong. Is this normal or should I continue to trim in flower? Or just let them grow and worry about light hitting what's above the scrog?
420-magazine-mobile49620004.jpg

That's the three girls.
So I'm looking at about 100+ squares in my scrog (for the three girls- I have almost all of them with a branch or offshoot in each square). Looking forward to seeing how they turn out....

Thanks again for all the help!

Sent from mikeytv

Wait until you actually have pistils showing and upward growth has pretty much stopped then remove any fans blocking bud sites. What youre going for is what ends up above your net.

StarKiller OG - Rockwool - Ebb & Flow - 1200W LED - 2016
New Member Start Links
How do I top my plants?
Auto Growers Unite - A Community Thread

Pistils are showing- noticed today the beginning of the bushy pistols. Right now it's just the new "I'm a female" pistils but beginning to increase. Grow is still going strong though. I mean even between early today and now I noticed most of the girls are pointing buck towards the light. I'm done restricting any upward growth as it feels like most everything is even at this point. The ones underneath I will with just cut off or let and see what they yield. But officially have used up each scrog hole. I do think I may have twisted a couple pants together while keeping under the screen. Assuming I harvest all at same time, it won't be an issue but if one plant does have any problems it could cause bigger issues. I don't think I will have this problem in the future as I'm going to have less plants with same space.
Anyhoo, so far so good.

Sent from mikeytv

Everyone is doing well. Girls are thriving. Had a question on light distribution. Would two 400 hps set ups be better for such this small grow? These 3 share with dwc set up that takes up about the same square footprint. Total is 4x2. That's not the total space but the space of the scrog/canopy.
I was thinking of reducing the ballasts to 250 each and give each half its own 250 hps. Seems this would net more light but then I wonder am I just going to waste light/energy at that point. Thoughts? Heat is under control currently. Not sure if it will be a major issue with additional hps.
Not sure what else to do except just leave them alone - aside from feeding/water/light. Wasn't sure if I needed to trim again as I am in flower- about 2 weeks in.
420-magazine-mobile1769314845.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1009002409.jpg
420-magazine-mobile184481715.jpg
420-magazine-mobile141557676.jpg
420-magazine-mobile430432916.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1641483661.jpg

Sent from mikeytv

If you can go with 2 x 400 watt hps, that'd be the best, remember you can keep 400 watt lights stupidly close, keep them as close as possible, also don't remove fan leafs or any leaf for that matter (unless it's dead) if you keep your 400 watt close enough (within 5 inches), light still penetrates the lower canopy, more so with the infared spectrum, which actually signals the underbrush to grow tall to get to the light. Also fan leafs are very very important, even when you mainline from the start, try to leave the fan leafs at all times.

Right now that feels like a ton of leaves because of the scrog. I'm going to leave them alone for the rest of the grow. Maybe Defol near the end but otherwise, I'm leaving them alone from here on out. Here is a couple trunk pics.
420-magazine-mobile633345247.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1789639537.jpg
420-magazine-mobile462098699.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1928251128.jpg

Anyhoo, no complaints. The one male actually surprised me as they often do. I am always expecting more of a 50/50 male/female but I have a low incidence of male plants. And the mainlining or what ever I did really spread these girls out with some major thick branches. Really fun plant to grow!

Sent from mikeytv

If you can go with 2 x 400 watt hps, that'd be the best, remember you can keep 400 watt lights stupidly close, keep them as close as possible, also don't remove fan leafs or any leaf for that matter (unless it's dead) if you keep your 400 watt close enough (within 5 inches), light still penetrates the lower canopy, more so with the infared spectrum, which actually signals the underbrush to grow tall to get to the light. Also fan leafs are very very important, even when you mainline from the start, try to leave the fan leafs at all times.

I will try to go closer but wondering about temps. I will likely be in low 80s at canopy with lights that close. I mean 5-6 inches seems close for hps.

Sent from mikeytv

Could you guys take a look and tell me what I should be doing or if I'm on the right track. Also a couple are from seed others are clones - this accounts for different in growth patterns.
Wondering about leaving the little sites along the branch or should I remove all.
Thanks
25339d22192eb2f2e1a8d4edc5d127d9.jpg
1c22f3cba3e6673a133e20c584d0cde8.jpg
8cba0163798a7e4484bfb00c4b73395c.jpg
499e9cd568d0bc908989d81764694cbd.jpg

8d8dc73b480a5ab34924599c3dc2be0c.jpg

Sent from mikeytv

Only 1 month ago. It's awesome how fast things can change when you run them like machines. :)

Back
Top Bottom