New member, 1st time Sour D grower

Gaijamz

420 Member
Hi all! Just joined to get a few tips from the PROs! Attached some high res photos of my 1st Sour Diesel grow ever and it's outdoors and from the looks of those pics, she's about a week from the harvest. Your opinions are welcome! It's almost mid-October and my Sour Diesel (from seed) has formed some nice budreauxs about the size of the average girl's fist. If you can see this odd characteristic in the pics, the pistils are white for maybe a couple of hours before they turn lime green and/or yellow and most of them start off as ringlets like golden curls.. What's also unusual is the size of them. Shorter and fatter and almost transparent or translucent for sure, I've never seen pistils like them before. I did find 4 or 5 male flowers that had already disseminated their loads unfortunately but they were so tiny the damage was localized and I was able to remove any further signs of trouble before she began to bud. Plus I got 5 or 6 fully developed seeds out of it for my trouble. Anyway, even with the wasted branch or two of tainted buds, I think I'm looking at about a 3 oz. harvest of some very potent looking and smelling weed. PLEASE COMMENT on the look, color, how much you think I might harvest from this one, the odd pistil activity or any other topic about the grow you like!! Thank you!!.
Polish_20231007_125037430 (2).jpg
1006231542e_HDR~2.jpg
Polish_20231007_193345076.jpg
1007231657c_HDR~3.jpg

Hi all! Just joined to get a few tips from the PROs! Attached some high res photos of my 1st Sour Diesel grow ever and it's outdoors and from the looks of those pics, she's about a week from the harvest. Your opinions are welcome! It's almost mid-October and my Sour Diesel (from seed) has formed some nice budreauxs about the size of the average girl's fist. If you can see this odd characteristic in the pics, the pistils are white for maybe a couple of hours before they turn lime green and/or yellow and most of them start off as ringlets like golden curls.. What's also unusual is the size of them. Shorter and fatter and almost transparent or translucent for sure, I've never seen pistils like them before. I did find 4 or 5 male flowers that had already disseminated their loads unfortunately but they were so tiny the damage was localized and I was able to remove any further signs of trouble before she began to bud. Plus I got 5 or 6 fully developed seeds out of it for my trouble. Anyway, even with the wasted branch or two of tainted buds, I think I'm looking at about a 3 oz. harvest of some very potent looking and smelling weed. PLEASE COMMENT on the look, color, how much you think I might harvest from this one, the odd pistil activity or any other topic about the grow you like!! Thank you!!.
1006231542e_HDR~2.jpg
1007231657c_HDR~3.jpg
Has it stopped feeding? Did you scope it yet? CL🍀. :thumb: :cheer:Edit: Welcome to @420 Magazine.

1006231542e_HDR~2.jpg
1007231657c_HDR~3.jpg
Welcome to 420Magazine my friend. :welcome:
Might be a touch early to chop but a bird in hand, right. :thumb:
Great looking garden.

#VIVOSUN #Love What You Grow
Bill284 😎

Welcome to 420 Magazine @Gaijamz

Nice looking lady you have their, she probably has about a week or so to go, but nice work growing her.
Have you tried to grow indoors?

Here's some helpful info.

Welcome New Members - Please Read Before Posting

Here is some information if you would like to start a a grow journal How to Make a Grow Journal

If you want to see want other growers are doing, here's that link. This is where you place your journal.

Journals in Progress

Current and Ongoing
www.420magazine.com

And, after you have over 50 posts you can vote and enter our contest to win free grow stuff from our sponsors.

420 Contests
Win Cool 420 Prizes
www.420magazine.com

Stay safe, and grow well my friend,

Tok..

Has it stopped feeding? Did you scope it yet? CL🍀. :thumb: :cheer:Edit: Welcome to @420 Magazine.
I thought she was done but we had a 3 day heat wave in SoCal that dried the soil out pretty well. So, last nigtht I gave her almost 2 gallons of ice cold water with a tablespoon of P&P and this morning there are new white ( soon to be lime green) pistils on nearly every top and not as much yellowing and defoliation either. I scoped it . 90% either clear or milky and 10% a touch of amber. Temperature dropped by 15 degrees also

I thought she was done but we had a 3 day heat wave in SoCal that dried the soil out pretty well. So, last nigtht I gave her almost 2 gallons of ice cold water with a tablespoon of P&P and this morning there are new white ( soon to be lime green) pistils on nearly every top and not as much yellowing and defoliation either. I scoped it . 90% either clear or milky and 10% a touch of amber. Temperature dropped by 15 degrees also

I’d say judging by your images and this comment you’re looking at 2-3 weeks. Your hairs aren’t fully curled in, still seeing clear, and she’s still drinking. Try to hold on as best you can, these last weeks make a massive difference in end quality

Yeah she’s not ready yet but getting closer. CL🍀. :thumb: :cheer:

I’d say judging by your images and this comment you’re looking at 2-3 weeks. Your hairs aren’t fully curled in, still seeing clear, and she’s still drinking. Try to hold on as best you can, these last weeks make a massive difference in end quality
Hey, thanks man. Most folks I think just read my original post and repeat my thoughts on it. Yesterday I would have thought a week but this morning?? Not so much. I'm thinking Halloween harvest possibly. Thanks for helping me see more clearly. Having or HAD problems with tiny male flowers showing up on the underside of the lower stems and lost a good 1/4 of the yield. Found about 4 or 5 of these little fuckers. There's a penny in the shot so you can see how tiny they are. Deceptively destructive. I removed at least 95% of the affected branches and she is still healthy so...
1008231342~2.jpg

Back
Top Bottom