Newnugz's First Grow - Morpheus - Crown Royale - Blue Cheese & AK49 - 1000W HPS

Newnugz

Hey everybody,
So I got sick of paying a ton of cash for weed, working and going to school while my dealer plays video games all day and pays his rent with my money haha. :hmmmm:
So i found on kijiji a couple 1000 watt hps ballasts (im only running 1 currently).
I got a 3x3 tent im vegging in with my plants under 200 watts cfl. (im not using entire tent space).
and i built a clone cab (my original idea was entire grow in here lol)
100_04763.JPG
100_04774.JPG
100_04725.JPG
100_04805.JPG

My exhaust for the cab is quite robust and I was able to run the 1000w at acceptable heats. I only have CFL in there right now But I believe my current plan is to purchase a MH conversion bulb and throw the other 1000 hps system i got in the tent, but for right now the cfl will have to do. Im not sure the cfm on squirrel fan but its a big bastard and the duct fan is 6 inch.
100_04814.JPG
image35555.jpg
100_04824.JPG
100_04902.JPG

I first started with some morpheus regular seeds (purp power x haze) and only 2 germinated of 5 and only 1 made it:confused:. I split a pack of feminized crown royale (purp kush x blueberry) and of the 2 seeds i got both germinated:thumb:. The morpheus is a week ahead of the crown royale. Because the morph was a regular seed and it was growing like an absolute weed I though I might have had a male and got paranoid so after only 3.5 weeks veg i flipped the morpheus (premature i know) and turns out I had a female the whole time:high-five:. Im not expecting much from the morph considering how young she was but im looking at her as like a test run.

Now of the two crown royale i got one developed with the first growth all fused together and it stalled out after a lil bit
100_04606.JPG
So I topped that weird fusion and she came out with 2 new shoots so she seems to be recovering here she is at 3 weeks
100_04687.JPG

the other crown gre very vigorously and i put her under the hps to see if she would explode and she did but with tiny weird yellow leaves so I put her back under cfl. (She went under hps for about a week and she grew very fast but weird).
image35630.jpg

The morpheus which is older has taken to the hps wonderfully now that i flipped her but originally when i first put her under hps in early veg with the crowns she also reacted with smaller yellow leaves that greened when i returned her to cfl. So the plants have gone back and forth between light types while I tried to sort this out and Im sure that was terrible for them.
Since going back to cfl the crowns new growth turned green again and I topped her (after 5th node). The new growth buds still look small and weird tho but they are green.
Did I just shock them too young with that 1000 watt hps? the morph seems to love it now. Despite the weird growth they grew quite significantly.
The crowns that I split are like two times the size of my buddies (450 w MH but they were under a weaker cfl system originally) but his leaves look more normal. Im pretty sure I have low humidity (canadian winter) and I got a humidifier but havent really run it yet. I have chloramines in my tap water and idk If i can humidify that (ultrasonic) or if i need to use the distilled i water them with.

so here is flowering morph (1 week into flower 3.5 weeks veg, topped 1 time LST into even canopy)
100_05056.JPG

here Is good crown royale showing how the new growth is kinda weird and small/spindly (3 week veg, its in a 3 gallon pot for size ref)
100_04953.JPG
100_04706.JPG
100_04674.JPG

and the blue cheese and AK49 seedlings
100_04744.JPG
100_04736.JPG

Re: NEW NUGZ - First Grow ---- Morpheus, Crown Royale, Blue Cheese and AK49 1000w hp

STRAIN:CROWN ROYALE FEM
FLOWERING TIME: 9 Weeks
INDICA/SATIVA: 70% Indica
EFFECT: Strong Indica
THC: Strong 21.50%
CBD: 2.10%
CBN: 0.17%
POTENTIAL YIELD: up to 500gr indoor/400gr outdoor
GENETICS: Blueberry X Purple Kush

But what do you guys think of those small new leaves? And yes I know thats alot of wasted light I just only have one plant flowering now will have more and will throw up panda film to reflect that 4x4 space.

Re: NEW NUGZ - First Grow ---- Morpheus, Crown Royale, Blue Cheese and AK49 1000w hp

Ok so to condense:
What do you guys think of that new smallish growth, should I just give it time to heal up from light stress at too early?

I use organic soil from hydro shop with good drainage and I recently started them on DNF gro. half at first feeding then they got a normal dose at next water. Nutes havent changed situation good or bad. PH of water and nutes is around 6.2. roots looked nice and white when I transplanted to 3 gallons. temps can get a lil low (16) at night around 23 during day but I was around 28-29 when I first started this stuff and was having trouble figuring out my heat exchange. Id say the have had nice cool 23-24 degrees for the past week.

I know this is a crazy question, but looking at the picture of my morph and taking into consideration 3.5 week veg, what is a conceivable yield from that single morph under 1000hps. This is not really important and mostly a tester lol but it would be cool to get like a bag from it.

So Im gonna replace the lights in my 3x3x7 tent for veg. The 200 watt cfl set up i have has very limited light print and I wanna fill this tent with foliage.
100_04805.JPG

I have a few options and im thinking I can buy a 1000w MH conversion bulb for 40 and a 6 inch cooltube from bustans (grow store) for 60. So for 100 dollars I can set up my second (currently just sitting there) hps ballast in the 3x3x7 tent. I know I can keep it cool but is that just too much light in an enclosed mylar?

What do you guys recommend for a 3x3 maximized. The area i Live in has ridiculously low power rates under .08$ per kwh. So power usage isnt my concern but big and vigorous plants are. Im also not wealthy, I have some money here but im not looking to buy the white house. Its only a 3x3 So i feel I can accomplish this at a reasonable price tag. What do you guys suggest? What works for you?

I'm thinking it's too much I might buy a quantum 400w digi from local store for 150 but I'm scared of RF
Does anyone have experience with them? Is the rf interference a problem of a few years ago and has been solved in more modern models? I suppose I could get him to plug it in and I could test it with an am radio maybe?

"Life is just one crushing defeat after another until you just wish Flanders was dead"

Hey 420 how's everyone doing! So I have good an bad news on this update. It seems my morph I had in flower is a hermie. Damn. Oh well I'm not butthurt because I really wasn't ready for flowering yet. I had a single premature plant sittin under a 1k in the middle of the room. It wasn't an ideal situation for anything. This way I have a couple months to get my scrubber and reflective up for my real flowering.

The good news is I got my veg tent lighting upgraded. I went from 200 cfl with a tiny light print to a 400 MH brand new bulb and ballast. The hydro store assured me these quantum ballasts are good for rfi and he radio tested it. I installed it and radio tested it with my car and then checked my internet speeds and we're all good baby!!!! He gave me a money back guarantee as well so I'm vegging like a boss!!!

"Life is just one crushing defeat after another until you just wish Flanders was dead"

Hey 420 just a little update right hurr. So my plants over the last couple weeks got a little sick. Scouring the interweb for the claw I had my self convinced my soil was hot. This was further backed up in my mind by the appearance of yellowing edges on some of the lower leaves (I thought nute burn, I'm new as shit). So I started only watering distilled, the problems worsened .. Now the plant is droopy, leaves on the bottom we're going full on yellow/orange starting at edges and working in and the new growth is twisted and spindly as all heck. I keep visually inspecting leaves for infestations, but the canadian ass winter were having suggests there isn't too many pests flying around right now. While I know they could have wintered in my garage I've never had any vegetation in here before I can't imagine I had a resident population of plant predators. So on the diagnosis threads it actually is seeming that it's not hot soil, quite the opposite. It seems I had deficiencies Ca/Mg. I use sungro mix from the hydro store and I used nutes at 1/2 strength 1 time at around 2 weeks and 1 full strength at 3. The plants are around 6 weeks old and all other watering was just distilled. So yesterday I watered with 3/4 nutes and I'm not sure if it's just from getting watered but the plants seem to have responded. I will have to wait an see over the next few days if they heal or degrade. Pictures in next post just uploading now.

OH MAN SHE WAS DEFINITELY MALNOURISHED!!!!! here is some pictures from today she is like a new plant!!!!
image35821.jpg

This picture shows how that demented one has progressed, she isnt as bushy but she was malnourished so we wil see how she does in the next few weeks either way she came within a hair of being tossed originally so im not expecting much.
image35820.jpg

Here is my new flowering space 4x4.5 1000w hps.
image35818.jpg
image35816.jpg

I also added 3 green crack and a dark angel to my grow.

They might not look that pretty but you gotta understand what they looked like only a few days ago they are healing hugely and quickly!!!!!!

So I changed everything again haha. So since I built that 4x4.5 enclosure for flowering, I have been running veg in 3x3 tent with 400mh. I brought my car in to get an alignment and it turns out my front end is fucked cost me 800 dollars out of the blue. I'm a 4th year bio student (didn't go right after high school) and I work evenings as a janitor lol. Needless to say money is tight as a tourniquet. So I made the decision to downgrade from a double space perpetual grow to a single space discrete grow system. I sold off the tent and 400 system for 225 and ordered a 1000 mh conversion bulb (34.00) to run in my 1000 HPS ballast (I have 2). That bulb should be here tomorrow according to tracking and until then they are getting hps (they will have to deal with it just like me haha). They haven't responded with that yellowing so I suppose they just needed to be more mature before getting blasted with 1000. This grow has changed shape about a million times since I started it in a little cabinet lol. Oh and I can't remember if I mentioned it but that single morph I had flowering produced a couple little pollen sacs at a few different bud sites, so I just chopped that hermie ass not risking it.

"Life is just one crushing defeat after another until you just wish Flanders was dead".
Check out my grow journal at Newnugz's First Grow - Morpheus - Crown Royale - Blue Cheese & AK49 - 1000W HPS

My total plant count is 2 vegging crown royale from crop king.
1 blue cheese seedling from big Buddha.
1 ak49 auto seedling from vision seeds.
1 dark angel seedling from crop king.
3 green crack sprouts from crop king. So 8 plants total but only 2 are mature enough to be actually under real lights.

The two crowns are a full month and change ahead of everything else which is in a week or two of each other. I plan to veg everything a minimum of two months so by the time my youngest plants have gotten 2 months veg my oldest plants will be around 3.5 month big berthas. I'm hoping with some topping and LST I can keep the older ones height profile reasonably consistent with the other plants so I won't have to get too creative with moving my lights in weird ways to accommodate the overly tall plants.

"Life is just one crushing defeat after another until you just wish Flanders was dead".
Check out my grow journal at Newnugz's First Grow - Morpheus - Crown Royale - Blue Cheese & AK49 - 1000W HPS

Hey guys just a quick update
I've moved in to my 4x4 fully and am vegging under 1000w mh.
7 plants total (one of my green cracks never went).
My crown royal are getting quite large with my big girl just Under 2 feet from the top of the pot. I know I could flip her now but ill wai just a little longer, it's got huge thick stems and LST seems near Impossible. My buddy has 3 crowns that have way thinner stems and he is able to bend them any way he wants idk if this is diff nutrition or just diff gene combo in that seed.
Here is a picture update and the health of the two crowns has improved hugely!!!! All my newer plants have been healthy the whole time and are continuing down the righteous path. All I need is a scrubber and I have everything I need (aside from bloom nutes/adds).
image35948.jpg
Dementoid that came out all fused still has weird leaf shape and sparser growth although she is recovering from a large trimming of the old weird leaves. I considered chopping her but as long as I have the room I'm gonna keep her goin.

So I got sick of paying a ton of cash for weed, working and going to school while my dealer plays video games all day and pays his rent with my money haha.

you had me at hello..

haha

diggin you're fan rig :thumb:

/subbed

Hey kingsnake! Just a quick update with a photo. I will be flipping the 2 bigger girls in the back, they are about 2 feet tall so it's time. The back right girl is the dementoid and I'm pretty sure she won't give me much. Her leaves are still weird. I pulled 8 clones off the bottom of the good crown and I'm gonna let dementoids genes die with her when I cut her down after harvest.
image36011.jpg

Nice setup, are you venting your cooltube? If not running bare bulb will perk up your plants. I'm enjoying your grow develop.

Cheers

Hey man welcome! Yeah it's bare bulb, I removed the glass tube to just use the hood reflector. Big news I started flowering the two crowns (2' and 1'20") and the ak49 is flowering she's already got little buds haha she's 1 foot so far haha little auto.
image36054.jpg

Back
Top Bottom