New To 420 But Not To Gardens

Harry Lyme

Used to have a pizza shop back in the 90's and this kid used to come in once in a while and trade a large pie for a couple spleefs. So this one time he brought me this exceptional exotic weed. So i was able to get a few seeds of this,(he thought it was Hawiian) and i took them down to NE Missouri and sowed them in some good soil on a waste hillside amidst weeds, i did till it up a bit with a potato fork................. Went back in 4-5 weeks and i was amazed. These things were bushy and robust, obviously superior. Pulled out two males, which left three and i buried two small fish like bluegill fry about 3"long, around each one which i seined out of a pond. (as per the feather Indians)......Never watered them at all and these things grew up to look like short squat Christmas trees about 5-6 ft. tall. At their base they were 4-5" and i had to cut them down with an axe in Oct.......Also i should mention, about July i noticed they had corn borers in their stems. These are worms which go up and down the stems eating the pith out and they make holes about every six inches for air and to push their poop out. But these plants were so robust that even the borers couldn't kill them. Each plant made about 6oz of trimmed heads..... Harry Lyme

:welcome: to :420:!!!

Thank you for sharing your vivid and endearing story. Pizza for bud sounds like a perfect trade!!! Really refreshing to hear a very simple and not involved grow that yielded amazing results. Did you by chance share the harvest with the kid?

Actually no, the kid had moved to CA after he got out of HS. Never saw him again. I missed the kid. Never could get seeds like that again. That was before the modern era, where now they have made it into a science. Back in the last century we just took the seeds, put them in the ground and hoped for rain, and sometimes it worked out....God's rain brought the nitrogen down, the Phosphorus and Potassium were in the ground already. Maybe you took a hoe and chopped some weeds and that was about it....Then you waited for the corn to grow.... Honest, i've never even had any of this modern weed, it would probably blow my head off....But after reading on 420 for awhile, i admit i am getting the itch again, because it IS fun. I'm thinking about ordering out some beans from Korn King, the lads up north... Harry Lyme

You sir are awesome!!! I'll bet if you get back into growing you could grow some true fire.

Sent from my SM-G920V using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Oh, go on.... It is still "technically" illegal in IL and Missouri. But Missouri is showing signs of lightening up by passing a bill making it legal to make a hundred gal. of whiskey per household per year. But this right is not recognized by the Fed. Govmnt. So you have to be aware of the "authorities"; these rogue agents who might still be lurking about.....Harry Lyme

Yeah, it's all about to get worse in my opinion. I'm glad I recently moved to a state which allows medical use.
Until I can legally grow 50 males and 50 females just to find the two strongest of each for being purposes it's still not legal in my opinion

But you live in Hawaii. Can't you grow about anything you want there? Are the "authorities" going to haul you in for having a few plants in your backyard?....Harry Lyme

Well I have applied for yet haven't received my card and we're limited to seven plants. Im sure if you lived in the big island and had lots of land you could grow all you wanted and no one would be the wiser. Unfortunately I live on Oahu and I have to be very careful even though I'll be legal once I start for security reasons. My neighbors are so close to me I can hear them burp and fart. This is not exaggeration for comedic effect; I'm being as literal as I can.

i agree with 50 males 50 females, its not really legal till each gardener can grow how ever many they want.with trumps big recreational scare on rec weed here in colo the governor said yesterday like he always says - he did not support the cannabis legalization but his job, because the people wanted it, was to fight for colorado.he said its in our CONSTITUTION and that the gov would have very hard time enforcing any federal regulations.i feel safe and beleive it will be federaly legalized soon.the movement has started and its toooooooooooo late to stop it now !!!!!!!!

Back
Top Bottom