New to it all!

Strawberrygrl

Hi! I'm a newbie. Very excited to learn. Started growing 2 clones, blue dream and dream queen in September. I had no idea what went into growing when I decided to buy these 2 clones. I thought I'd keep them in the house like my succulents, lol.
Turns out it's a bit more to it. But, I'm enjoying watching them transform.
I'm struggling with the ph,ppm,ec though and I need to learn fast. I bought a ph meter but couldn't figure it out. Local hydro store suggested simplifying it and I bought ph kit. I only started trying to manage the ph a couple weeks into flowering. I can't tell what's going on with my plants but they seem to making nice buds-for a first timer. However, is like to give them the best care possible and I don't think I'm up to speed... I had them in 24/0 for about 6 weeks and started flowering about 40 days ago. I'm using 5 T5's (from the hydro store) and 2 led's (from Home Depot). They're in a 3x3 tent with a filter output vent, 2 fans inside and 1 going in from outside the tent. Temps range from 75F to 60F but has had a couple days where it went up to 80F. The humidity is appx 40-50%.
I'm using geo 5 gal pots/perlite/Mendocino soil/coconut coir/compost tea/worm castings/FoxFarm big bloom for flowering and grow big for veg/neem oil and dr bonners super suds on foliage for possible pests (only twice). I have never found mites but some leaves have white specs. I have a magnifying glass to inspect.
I fed them Sea Max a couple of times in the beginning. I'm planning to get hp lighting for the next grow....

I just want to master the ph thing asap but right now I'm super clueless. Thanks!

Strawberrygrl

Welcome to 420Mag :passitleft:

Strawberry - sounds like things are going well. It would be great if you could load a couple of photos or even better, start a journal. Your temps/humidity are fine and without more details it would be tough to provide suggestions to improve. :Namaste:

Ph should be around 6. Use PH Up or PH down to adjust. THere are other ways to adjust but that's what I use. I try to get run off to measure the PH. Flushing can help too if the PH gets too low. The nutes can cause the PH to go too low.

Hope that help :Namaste:

Do you use a ph meter?
Yes. My meter can measure ec or ppm. Some go by ec some use ppm. I use ppm. Just turn your meter on and let it zero out. Then test your water that your going to be using before you add anything. This number is called your base number. Mines 250. I have to always remember that number. If I add nutes and the meter says 350. Then I have to subtract my base of 250 from 350. Which is 100. I have 100ppm nutes...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J120A using 420 Magazine Mobile App

What's a good meter to buy?
There are many. Depends how much you wanna pay. Some say spend more get a good one. I bought a cheap one and just calibrate it often with calibration solution. Got mine for 20 or so.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J120A using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Back
Top Bottom