New to growing

Any suggestions to get the humidity up that high without buying a new humidifier
I used to hang damp towels in my grow room for more humidity...until they dried, then just spray them with a water to re-moisten...
But I run a perpetual garden so at least 4 out of the bunch have wet soil constantly, it helps

When should I start the Cal Mag n how often. Thanks for responding n the advice
I start half dose cal-mag (half tsp/5ml) when my cotyledons turn yellow...cotyledons = Little round leaves at bottom...that usually happens about week 3

Any suggestions to get the humidity up that high without buying a new humidifier
I've tried all the little tricks like wetting a rag and let a fan blow through it etc, but nothing I've found even comes close to replacing an actual humidifier of some sort.

I use just a little cheap one I got off of Amazon for $50 and its been working great for over 3 years now.

Hard to say. Do you have any pics in focus?
This pic better. Leaves r drooping, is this an issue. Don't see any spot or yellowing.

IMG_20210125_214213514_HDR.jpg

Tomorrow is their watering day. Should I be misting them between watering. I thought they look dry but everyone has scared me off of watering them to much
I would water in a ring around it maybe 2+ inches away from plant to let the roots reach out for it.
You certainly don't want to overwater but under watering is every bit as bad.
Don't be scared to water just do it with a purpose and control.
I water my seedlings at least twice a day, just enough to keep moist, not wet and definitely never dry.

I would water in a ring around it maybe 2+ inches away from plant to let the roots reach out for it.
You certainly don't want to overwater but under watering is every bit as bad.
Don't be scared to water just do it with a purpose and control.
I water my seedlings at least twice a day, just enough to keep moist, not wet and definitely never dry.
Thank u so much

How often do u water using it? How much of the gallon do u use on one plant.
I use it every time. How often & how much depends on the size of the plant & how moist the soil is. As a seedling I just feed 50 ml. of water at a time the 1st week. Just about every day. 2nd week I go up to 100 ml. almost every day. By the 3rd week I start giving about 2 - 3 oz. After that I feed till I get 20% run off out the bottom of the pot. That usually lasts about 3 days till the next watering. You can kind of go by the nodes. 1 node = 50 ml., 2 nodes = 100 ml., etc. By time you're on the 4th node you should be watering to run off. Other's may do things differently. It's what works for me.
I've been getting 100% germination in 3 - 4 days planting my seed straight in the soil & just giving 50 ml. of water per day; So I must be doing something right .... lol.

I use it every time. How often & how much depends on the size of the plant & how moist the soil is. As a seedling I just feed 50 ml. of water at a time the 1st week. Just about every day. 2nd week I go up to 100 ml. almost every day. By the 3rd week I start giving about 2 - 3 oz. After that I feed till I get 20% run off out the bottom of the pot. That usually lasts about 3 days till the next watering. You can kind of go by the nodes. 1 node = 50 ml., 2 nodes = 100 ml., etc. By time you're on the 4th node you should be watering to run off. Other's may do things differently. It's what works for me.
I've been getting 100% germination in 3 - 4 days planting my seed straight in the soil & just giving 50 ml. of water per day; So I must be doing something right .... lol.
Awesome thanks man. I certainly appreciate all the detailed info. So glad I found this site with fellow growers that are so informed n willing to share their knowledge.

Welcome Bud! Looks like you're off to a great start and you have some really great growers helping (consider reading the journals in their signatures- you'll learn a ton).

Watch she doesn't get too leggy, if she does you'll have to lower your light a bit.

Best of luck on your grow :Namaste:

Welcome Bud! Looks like you're off to a great start and you have some really great growers helping (consider reading the journals in their signatures- you'll learn a ton).

Watch she doesn't get too leggy, if she does you'll have to lower your light a bit.

Best of luck on your grow :Namaste:
I have it set at 27 inches at the moment. I'm going to drop it to 24 tonight.

Back
Top Bottom