New to growing

If I mix up a gallon of the Cal Mag n don't use the whole gallon can I cap it and use it for the next feeding.
Probably not...If I have leftovers, I use them the next day, cuz somethings always wanting fed in my garden, but for more than over night, the PH may fluctuate, so I use most leftovers on my other house plants or pour it out

Probably not...If I have leftovers, I use them the next day, cuz somethings always wanting fed in my garden, but for more than over night, the PH may fluctuate, so I use most leftovers on my other house plants or pour it out
Mine always drifts up. Do you know why it fluctuates?

Mine always drifts up. Do you know why it fluctuates?
I don't know the science behind it, but I imagine it's the mineral content of the water in your area...my tap water is around 7 to 7.3...but once it runs through my FFOF and I run a slurry test, it's 6.5 PH and about 600 PPM
...DISCLAIMER; I don't have a PH pen anymore, or if I do it's so covered in dust I can't find it :rofl: The last test I ran was about 4 or 5 years ago :popcorn:
Is that the same with any fertilizers?
If you have to add PH down, I would think so, or you may be able to PH again to use it...I never tested that theory

i always add cal mag to my water even from the start just in different proportions depending on plant size , i believe you are using distilled water witch has nothing in it same as r.o. water , i just keep topping up my rez with nutes and cal mag and i use this for about 10 - 12 days and then dump it out and start fresh the secret is keep a eye on your ppm here ,150 -180 ppm total for smaller plants and 300 -400ppm for larger plants and more as i get ready to transition to flower , i dump my rez when i move over to my flowering routine of nutes , i always add some silica to my water also , silica will raise the ph of the water and i put this in 1st , then cal mag then nutes and ph around 6-6,2 I water every 2nd day -3rd day when plants are young and then every 2nd day as they get larger , i am using the g.h. flora nova grow and flora nova bloom for nutes , these 1 part nutes work great (been using for a couple years now )and i will add a small amount of a pk booster when flowering , i am super charging my water also with a air stone to keep the water moving (agitating )and to add the extra oxygen for the roots and i grow in cloth pots , 10 gallon and i dont up pot either watering 2 inches from the stem when plants are young , to each their own way of doing things this just happens to work great for me and it is as simple as i have been able to make it with great success.The secret is learning to read your plant the leaves will tell you what going on at the roots .

Welcome, BudBud! :welcome:

You're off to a good start with good advisors.

Welcome, BudBud! :welcome:

You're off to a good start with good advisors.
Thanks man. These pics were just taken. They r 12 days old from the day the popped up from FFHF soil. Any opinions

IMG_20210131_130850591_HDR.jpg

IMG_20210131_130846200_HDR.jpg

IMG_20210131_130833314.jpg

Thanks man. These pics were just taken. They r 12 days old from the day the popped up from FFHF soil. Any opinions

IMG_20210131_130850591_HDR.jpg

IMG_20210131_130846200_HDR.jpg

IMG_20210131_130833314.jpg
They look quite healthy. I am an early feeder. When those second set of leaves appear, I start giving my plants nutrients (but not at full strength). They can take it! :Rasta:

They look quite healthy. I am an early feeder. When those second set of leaves appear, I start giving my plants nutrients (but not at full strength). They can take it!

They look quite healthy. I am an early feeder. When those second set of leaves appear, I start giving my plants nutrients (but not at full strength). They can take it! :Rasta:
I will be using the Fox Farm Trio. I did give them a half dose of Big Bloom 2 days ago as the chart called for. I had a couple people say that was to early. I have calMag which I was going to give them tomorrow. Any advice. I would appreciate any u can give . Love that emoji at end of your reply.

I will be using the Fox Farm Trio. I did give them a half dose of Big Bloom 2 days ago as the chart called for. I had a couple people say that was to early. I have calMag which I was going to give them tomorrow. Any advice. I would appreciate any u can give . Love that emoji at end of your reply.
I've never used the FF trio so I will not offer advice on that. As for CalMag, I only use it on an as-needed basis. There are others, however, that use it all the way through. :Rasta: :Rasta: :Rasta: :Rasta: :Rasta: :Rasta:

I maybe totally wrong but to me what it looks like is they're sitting in dry soil.
Sometimes pictures don't give a true impression of reality though, you could have just watered the hell out of them and the top 1/8th inch is dry from the fan blowing.
But at 12 days, and these are photo-periods right? Not autoflowers.
At 12 days old they should be at least 4x that size.
They still look healthy for the most part but just appear as though the roots are reaching out to dry soil which basically just kills off root growth and keeps a bonzai.

I got two seedlings I just started 5 1/2 to 6 days ago and they are about twice that size as a comparison.
I've watered them probably 10 x in 6 days.
Added mycorrhazae day one and Ferticell Algae on day 4.
Proper watering is crucial when seedling is in large pot.
20210131_150112.jpg

20210131_150141.jpg

I mix 5 gallon buckets at a time; but I add Hydro Guard to it which should keep it good for 7 - 10 days. It's always used up within 3 - 4 days anyway. I only get 2 feeding at best from 5 gallons.

I wish I knew the answer to that. We should ask @Emilya about this one. I got a feeling it has something to do with Lime. Just a guess. Emilya ???
Several things are happening, but one of the main ones, the lime, the upper buffer, does start interacting with the water and the minerals in it as soon as they come in contact with each other and that does start to change the pH of the mix. Also, water is naturally at 7.0 pH, so the more of the acidic nutrients that are used by the plant and attached to the soil, the less influence they have on the mix's pH, and the pH begins to revert back up towards 7.0.

I maybe totally wrong but to me what it looks like is they're sitting in dry soil.
Sometimes pictures don't give a true impression of reality though, you could have just watered the hell out of them and the top 1/8th inch is dry from the fan blowing.
But at 12 days, and these are photo-periods right? Not autoflowers.
At 12 days old they should be at least 4x that size.
They still look healthy for the most part but just appear as though the roots are reaching out to dry soil which basically just kills off root growth and keeps a bonzai.

I got two seedlings I just started 5 1/2 to 6 days ago and they are about twice that size as a comparison.
I've watered them probably 10 x in 6 days.
Added mycorrhazae day one and Ferticell Algae on day 4.
Proper watering is crucial when seedling is in large pot.
20210131_150112.jpg

20210131_150141.jpg
They are Autoflowers.

I've never used the FF trio so I will not offer advice on that. As for CalMag, I only use it on an as-needed basis. There are others, however, that use it all the way through. :Rasta: :Rasta: :Rasta: :Rasta: :Rasta: :Rasta:
Hi GDB, can you let me know how these 2 WW Autos look to you. They are 13 days old from seed popping from soil. Any advice, good or negative is welcome. Both totally different looks n they both popped on the same day.

IMG_20210203_101859428.jpg

IMG_20210203_101856236.jpg

Back
Top Bottom