New to shroom cultivation

MotaMan420

Hello to everyone -- I've been an inside and outside cannabis grower for quite some time and I am wanting to branch out. I am self taught in most of my growing skills but one can always learn more.

I am looking for the beginners book on cultivating mushrooms.. They provided a great relief while serving way back in 79 - and I'd like to get that high again.. Any guidance would be appreciated.

Happy Growing

MotaMan

What's happening @MotaMan420

Growing mushrooms is new to me also, but I have my first shroom farm going now. I bought some books on the subject just so when I do have a question, I can phase it proper with the right nomenclature. I will say this much, if you start to buy a couple books make sure they are for your area. One of the book I bought was for the west coast of the US, and I live on the east coast, but is you have any question feel free to ask away.

The best way to learn is to just do it.

Be safe, and grow well my friend,
Tok..

Let me ask you a question @MotaMan420... are you against getting a pressure cooker? Or are you just wanting to grow a few cakes that you can get away with steam sterilizing (I don't ever recommend not pressure cooking, but steaming does work, I would go 2hrs). In my opinion, the first thing you should buy is a cooker, it will pay for itself in No time, and has many more options to use it for other projects, cooking, canning, whatever you wish to play with. Personally, I bought a cooker and went straight to bird seed back in the day, I currently use Oats and Milo, and Rye here and there if I find it cheap. Oats went up in price, so I went cheap Milo(the reddish seeds in WBS). If you don't care about price (I do too many projects not to care, I did over 100 edible blocks during peak covid early 2020) I would go with Rye, but at the end of the day, it doesn't matter, I've even done brown rice for experimental reasons.

I usually go full tilt when I start a new hobby -- looking for book titles that'll give me a start.. Like to have something to read that can be referenced over and over..

Just got thru with my outdoor jollies and don't wanna start a new indoor grow right now. But open to new knowledge as long as it leads to a enlightened conscious. Plus I like doing things right and know that shrooms if done wrong can do you in!!

She's hanging right now

Happy Growing
MotaMan

IMG_3483.JPEG

Here are 3 useful titles to aid aspiring would-be mycologists, all available online and in brick-n-mortar stores.

Magic Mushroom Grower's Guide: Simple Steps to Bulk Cultivation by Principium Quaesitor

The Psilocybin Mushroom Bible: The Definitive Guide to Growing and Using Magic Mushrooms by Dr. K Mandrake, PhD and Virginia Haze, Photographer

The Mushroom Cultivator: A practical Guide to Growing Mushrooms at Home by Paul Stamets and J.S. Chilton

Well thank you very much BeccaBuds -- Like I'd said if done wrong shrooms can kill -- I'm 63 and plan to be around for a while so I want to do it correctly.

Happy Growing

MotaMan

Back
Top Bottom