New to this forum: Growing with screw-in LEDs

The Mechanic

Hello 420 members,

I’m new here and have been wanting to start my own journal for years now. I’ve learned so much from this forum and can’t wait to get started. For now I just thought I’d introduce myself say a few things and show a couple pics of my last grow using screw in led bulbs from Walmart.

So a little about me-
You may have already guessed that I am a mechanic by profession and since I’m here I must have a thing for marijuana.
I love diy and have been tinkering with cars, boats, simple electronics, and just about anything I thought was cool since I was a little kid.

I grow for recreational use only. It’s nice to save money and the trip to the usually kinda sketchy dispensary’s I would go to sometimes. I have had many different grow setups through the years, one of my favorite was in a 4x4 tent with a 600 watt vertical cooltube and (4) 5 gallon dwc buckets growing OG Kush. Not the best yield and was the most labor intensive because I did not have a control res and was forced to pull the individual dwc buckets out for water changes and flushes. Ended up with 15oz of solid nugs that got smoked rather quickly by me and my wife... plus a bunch of fluff that stayed in a shoebox for years and actually just got finished a few months ago. This grow was finished in late 2015 btw. Haha. The fluff got us thru a lot of hard times and was actually still Stoney till the end. ( Sorry I don’t have any pic of that set up)

But I do have some of my last grow using 144 watts (12x12watt) of screw in leds from Walmart, (4) 5 gallon pots with Fox farm ocean forest mixed with 25% light warrior and feeding with different bottled organic nutrients in a 2x2 tent. Strains are white widow (back right/front left) and AK-47 (back left /front right) all from seed. Here we go.

D04F97B4-00E3-449D-8EAB-CEA8DE9EFAEE.jpeg
3F7D13CE-BA63-4F24-B302-29A5395AA97C.jpeg
AC811D11-551E-49FA-BC4C-91228F9E45F1.jpeg
029B31CE-49C6-43EE-9F94-FA95240A1CC7.jpeg
1EE59947-A1DA-40D4-93A5-969486B9CD60.jpeg
406284A1-F1AC-4C5F-A413-FF31C43F8254.jpeg
675A3D9B-95D8-4390-8013-0DA01F916D55.jpeg

I yielded over 152 grams (probably had another half oz or so) of off 144 watt of SILs. I’ve never been that close to 1gpw till I just barley crossed it at about 1.15........ My best before was about .7gpw from 600 watts vertical.

So I think I said a lot already, now I’m going to do some reading on making my own journal and hope to see some folks there that are interested in what I have going on now.

Thanks for stopping by,

The Mechanic

Attachments

• D8279ED8-BEB9-49D4-9A01-746D399B7EBF.jpeg
    D8279ED8-BEB9-49D4-9A01-746D399B7EBF.jpeg
    871.9 KB · Views: 122
Welcome. Nice work there.

Thank you alafornia and turbo. I’m happy I finally registered and don’t have to creep on here anymore. Turbo I was just reading one of your threads recently I think you were having an issue with the rear end in your jeep. Could have been and old post... (hope you got it fixed) anyway I’m glad to finally be able to say hi to you guys and everybody I’ve been watching for years and hopefully contribute something to this site that has helped me so much.

Wow that is a lot of lights in that size grow area.. Huh... Well if it works, though I do use two of those " Wally World " screw ins, I found that they upped my total Watt usage substancially compared to the two quantum led's that I purchased online for just about 5 bucks more... Neat set up, very clean looking... I had an area that looks to be A Lot bigger than yours and didn't use that many lights.. Looks like you have great coverage and penetration and that is what matters... I am just a cheap bastard, and hate big electric bills from my grow rooms.. My new grow room that I am building as we speak has it's own breaker box with ( 4 ) 30 amp breakers.. Size does matter, it will be in the neighborhood of 15 x 20 and will need to be temperature controlled with ac s and small heat pump... We are legal here and I am planning on growing strictly for research and selling to local recreational distributors when they can openly buy from farmers... That will be middle of next year... This should be a fun thread to watch, I will just sit in the back and watch for a while if you don't mind.. Would love to see what kinda weight you can get from your screw ins.. Green day, and to all

:welcome: to the forum TM. Nice looking girls you are raising, looking forward to seeing what they produce.
Hope you stick around and start a journal for us to read on your next grow.
It's nice learning from each other.

Green Day's to you.

Wick. :morenutes:

Back
Top Bottom