Newbie flower day eight pic - comments appreciated

many thanks!

I harvested last week and ended up with nearly 3 ounces dry. The COLA weighed roughly 11 grams. This may be the "Halo" effect but this batch was the best I have EVER smoked. I used a mix of 6500k and 2700k CFL lighting throughout and it produced a smooth smoke and a very heady high. My girl said the same. Here's some pix for ya - from my girl's Galaxy 3:

Sticky_Icky_9.jpg

Sticky_Icky_8.jpg

Sticky_Icky_7.jpg

Sticky_Icky_6.jpg

Sticky_Icky_5.jpg

Sticky_Icky_4.jpg

Sticky_Icky_3.jpg

Sticky_Icky_2.jpg

Sticky_Icky_1.jpg

Needless to say we're thrilled about being able to produce our own supply in the comfort of our home and avoid the exorbitant prices and hit or miss quality of the street. Please feel free to provide any feedback, comments, etc.

Thanks!

Chazmania

looks very nice, some nice frosty looking buds,

well done, sounds like your very happy with the results and it sure does beat going out and paying top price for it.

are you going to do another grow, im just about self sufficient off what i grow now so not bought off anyone in over a year now, so trying to produce enough is a tough challenge but i dont smoke a lot so i just about go from harvest to harvest without spending a penny on back street deals,

if you invested in a 400watt hps or dual spec hps then you would easily tripple what you got this time round, i was chuffed to bits when i changed to the hps light, but its taking the power consumption up so electric costs are higher, i just find its worth paying as your producing much more and you save money in the long term as your not paying dealer prices for bud, plus you can keep trying different strains until you find one you really like, at the moment im working on my own strains and im also working on getting a nice purple strain stable but still trying strains to find a true purple that produces purple buds each time its grown,

if you look in my signature and click on the contest link and look at the plant of the month contest and nug of the month contest then you will see BID's plants and the purple pheno type he is working with, thats what im aiming for but so far failed to produce a purple plant but just bought some new seeds so hopefully ill have a true purple soon and can produce my own seeds, that lets me grow it when i like and will always be able to grow it,

well done on the harvest, its sure good to smoke some of your own, plus it can often be better than what you can buy off the streets

looks very nice, some nice frosty looking buds,

well done, sounds like your very happy with the results and it sure does beat going out and paying top price for it.

are you going to do another grow, im just about self sufficient off what i grow now so not bought off anyone in over a year now, so trying to produce enough is a tough challenge but i dont smoke a lot so i just about go from harvest to harvest without spending a penny on back street deals,

if you invested in a 400watt hps or dual spec hps then you would easily tripple what you got this time round, i was chuffed to bits when i changed to the hps light, but its taking the power consumption up so electric costs are higher, i just find its worth paying as your producing much more and you save money in the long term as your not paying dealer prices for bud, plus you can keep trying different strains until you find one you really like, at the moment im working on my own strains and im also working on getting a nice purple strain stable but still trying strains to find a true purple that produces purple buds each time its grown,

if you look in my signature and click on the contest link and look at the plant of the month contest and nug of the month contest then you will see BID's plants and the purple pheno type he is working with, thats what im aiming for but so far failed to produce a purple plant but just bought some new seeds so hopefully ill have a true purple soon and can produce my own seeds, that lets me grow it when i like and will always be able to grow it,

well done on the harvest, its sure good to smoke some of your own, plus it can often be better than what you can buy off the streets

thanks donpaul.p :)

yea - I am ecstatic. It is by far the best weed I've EVER smoked. Much of my success can be attributed to the knowledge I've gained here at 420. What a great site! My girl is thrilled too.

I'm on my third grow - a Royal Queen Skunk #1. She's three weeks into flowering and doing great. I also have a Delicious Cotton Candy and White Widow three weeks into the vegetative state. Journals are forthcoming.

I'm still utilizing the CFL's - but recently added some more LED's for flowering. The additional lighting has made a tremendous difference. I expect to increase my yield by 25%. Granted it's a lot of work fidgeting with all of the lights but I rather enjoy it. I plan on bringing HPS into the mix in the very near future - so thanks very much for the recommendations. We have room to grow upwards of six plants. Given that we wish to produce enough for personal consumption exclusively I like the idea of having six plants in rotation throughout the year three in vegetative state and three in flowering state. Do you think I should buy three 400 watt HPS? I can swing it $$$ thanks to my bro :rocker:

I'll be sure to check out everything you have going on - thanks!

PS - thanks also for the information on seeds - I SO want to produce them myself. I stocked up on some seeds from one of the 420 sponsors recently - four very good and well known strains. I'd like to have the capability to produce my own in case of a doomsday scenario. Prepping is everything!

Back
Top Bottom