Newbie here been growing few years but just switched to LED lights

@bluter and @Phytoplankton already covered it but I’ll reiterate because it is that important. As long as they’re not sat directly on the concrete you’re good. You could get away with simply laying a blanket on the ground if it was that dire.

If you’re gonna run fabric pots I would recommend something along the lines of the boards, a pallet, 2x4s, etc. just something that will elevate the containers but allow air flow underneath.

If I could run in a basement/cellar I would prefer it but my current house only has a crawl space so I’m forced into the attic. Basements/cellars can keep a pretty consistent temperature regardless of the outdoor weather. In my attic I’m constantly battling the weather more than anything else
Many thanks for the input. Soon I ll start work on the room.. Dude I feel you about the loft. I used to grow in my bedroom 😎😎. I dreamed for a cellar. Temps where I'm now will reach 35 40 degrees in July August.. Planning on cellar cooling and led lights. If necessary house have aircon 😎😎

we ran a 200 plant medical license grow on concrete. we simply used a plasticized floor paint. that's all it took to raise the temp of the floor by 8c.
Wow 200 plants 😍😍👏🏻👍🏻 nice and the plasticized floor good idea. Neat, tidy and easy to drain excess water.

you can probably get away with passive intake and just use the little window for exhaust.
This is new to me, passive intake only, I'll deffo try if air struggle can always add a 5" silent intake. I was thinking of blocking the light or from the small window which is on the outside on the road under the door will look like et has landed. Was thinking of some kind of enclosure like a tent but home made. This week the solicitor should have the papers ready and hand over the keys 😁😁. It has to be stealthy also for people visiting. 😎😎☝🏻☝🏻

I was thinking of blocking the light or from the small window which is on the outside on the road under the door will look like et has landed. Was thinking of some kind of enclosure like a tent but home made.

normally i'd just take the window out and convert it into an exhaust panel. it's common practice and can be made to look very stealth from the outside.

dryer vents are the most common, but there are loads of vents and designs out there you can adapt. same hardware you would use if converting a space to a laundry room or washroom.

normally i'd just take the window out and convert it into an exhaust panel. it's common practice and can be made to look very stealth from the outside.

dryer vents are the most common, but there are loads of vents and designs out there you can adapt. same hardware you would use if converting a space to a laundry room or washroom.
Videoframe_20230320_164741_com.huawei.himovie.overseas.jpg

See what I mean this is the back door into the kitchen. Or maybe make a wall with 2x4s and staple like 2 feet away from window with just a hole for extraction.

See what I mean this is the back door into the kitchen. Or maybe make a wall with 2x4s and staple like 2 feet away from window with just a hole for extraction.

This just looks not American to me lol. Definitely have some options. Make sure to start a journal so we can follow along, I’m intrigued to see what you come up with

lol that's hilarious. is it both the top and bottom opening ?

i'd just box the lower, and put the exhaust vent in the box. leave the exterior as it is. easy peasy. no ones gonna get on their hands and knees to look in your step, and if they do the inside vent will look like it belongs.

lol that's hilarious. is it both the top and bottom opening

Hi yes, it's an historical building in the old part of town, they used to use one opening to offload flour or wood for the fire. The celler was used by Italian mamas to store olive oil, home made wine, home made sausages (there still hooks on the ceiling).. And now me 😎😎 I shall be hanging lots and lots of buds to dry 😁😁. But the rest of the house is old but renovated nicely with new and old features. Very big and 2 fireplaces. I also have under the roof rooms and terrace on top. But I figured heat would have been greater, plus I'd loose the use of the terrace if I put 20 plants up there 😁.

what is the vent beside the door for? you may be able to tie in to an existing outlet.

Vent Up the fireplace flue if it's not a working fireplace.

i'm always cautious about mentioning that. a lot of home guys in vancouver got knocked that way. at night it looked like they were calling batman. the cops just drove around on a foggy evening and picked off which houses they were going to raid.

Back
Top Bottom