Newbie here! Need help on early harvest due to theft

Jacklem

420 Member
Hi Folks, I’m a new outdoor grower in Canada (as are many of my neighbors). There’s always been a pot theft problem but legalization to grow your own has brought the thieves out in droves
B4DEE73F-FEB2-463F-B6EC-C2ACAA5D59A3.jpeg
. I’ve already had one plant stolen and am pretty sure they’ll be back for the rest. So to ease my anxiety and to disassemble my completely boobytrapped yard (which I can’t even walk in now) I’d like to harvest early. I’m growing organically mostly from seed using only Iguana juice Bloom as a nutrient tho I haven’t used it for a week now. Do I still need to flush? And are these buds ready to harvest? (Disclosure: these buds are from a plant that grew from a seed that got dropped into the soil accidentally last season. It popped up in spring and grew to seven feet tall with a 12” cola on top!). Any feedback is muchly appreciated.

Attachments

• 2AE9B368-4B96-4F47-8948-02C041ED817C.jpeg
    2AE9B368-4B96-4F47-8948-02C041ED817C.jpeg
    709.5 KB · Views: 179
  • 84B69546-659D-460E-BA74-B7B02191D3D6.jpeg
    84B69546-659D-460E-BA74-B7B02191D3D6.jpeg
    775.8 KB · Views: 198
Going by the pistils, you've got at least two more weeks before your plant enters the harvest window.

I've had four plants stolen off of my back porch, so I have a good idea of what you are feeling. A motion detector with a light and alarm may cause them to run and leave the plant alone. A tree cam such as is used for hunting can be used to photograph the culprit. Other than that, there's not much you can do but keep an eye out for thieves.

Ugh. I was hoping to take it down today. How much potency will I lose if I do? I’m not sure the plants are worth the stress on my mood right now. I’m currently staying up all night since the theft 9 days ago and it’s wreaking havoc on me since I’ve never done a night shift in my life. I do now have a security camera that gives me alerts but I have a lot of critters prowling my property and it’s going off all the time - despite changing the settings. Thanks for your quick response Old Salt.

Going by the pistils, you've got at least two more weeks before your plant enters the harvest window.

I've had four plants stolen off of my back porch, so I have a good idea of what you are feeling. A motion detector with a light and alarm may cause them to run and leave the plant alone. A tree cam such as is used for hunting can be used to photograph the culprit. Other than that, there's not much you can do but keep an eye out for thieves.

Also, if I do harvest now, will a flush be necessary using Iguana Juice Bloom?

Also, if I do harvest now, will a flush be necessary using Iguana Juice Bloom?

I don't know. I haven't had to harvest early yet, and I grow indoors. Perhaps @Amy Gardner can help with these questions. Is your plant in a container? I assumed it was in the ground as you said it was spilled seed from last year.

Yes they are all in the ground. The powdery mildew is spreading to all the plants now but this particular plant is pretty bad despite spraying it regularly. I’m worried it’s gonna be a complete loss if I don’t do something soon but there’s no point harvesting if there’s low THC content.

I was going to suggest a small bread dog that will yelp its head off while staying far away :rofl::rofl:
But the PM would make the decision for me, I would Harvest and wash the buds now

EDIT Just thinking it really depends on how bad that PM is

@Gazoo I actually did a spray on them with apple cider vinegar and it’s really helped. Even tho the rain washed it off overnight, it’s still less than 1/3 of what it was a few days ago so I’m hoping I’ve got it under control.

@Gazoo I actually did a spray on them with apple cider vinegar and it’s really helped. Even tho the rain washed it off overnight, it’s still less than 1/3 of what it was a few days ago so I’m hoping I’ve got it under control.

Sounds Good, :goodjob: that was my initial knee Jerk reaction to PM ;)

still say the small loud dog is better than any alarm system you can buy. At least you would be
able to sleep and the noise would be sure to wake you up

Or I Still have a July 1967 Ranger Handbook with a section on BOOBY TRAPS (Chapter Nine)
Given to me (74) by the Original owner (No toes HANNAH) with some other really cool memorabilia.

I actually got a foster dog today. Ibe been in the list to foster for awhile anyway because I love animals and like to help them. Whether he’s a barker remains to be seen but he’s certainly on the alert. Booby traps seem pretty attractive too. I did get motion lights and security cameras as well as landscape covers so they can’t be seen at night. Hopefully that will do the trick but we are looking at a hard frost this week (perhaps more than once) so I may have to take them down anyway. ☹️

My opinion...get a decent sized pot....pull the root ball...Rinse it off with like a showering spray...you can leave a clump so to speak...consider this the beginning of you flush phase...get a spray bottle and mix it cap full or a little more hydrogen peroxide to full water...place your hand under sun leaves and spray with a mist of that concoction...you might even see the leaf foam a tiny bit...Take your plant indoors at night or put it in complete dark for like 3 days and start your harvest...having something attached to the roots is how you want to look at your whole choice...a week of sustaining or keeping going for the sake of swell...I get it...I've fought the fight for 20 years...here's one I had to bring in for like 3 weeks due to fog.

THEFT: seen some crazy shit up here in Northern California when the shit wasn't legal...it was bad....but people seemed to understand the risks on all sides alot better. I've had friends walk up to visit other friends homes and be assaulted upon entering the home by pot thieves...lame considering the shit is supposed to calm us all down.

Attachments

• 20190922_175246.jpg
    20190922_175246.jpg
    642.5 KB · Views: 138
you can spray the plant with a mixture of Bleach and water. I use 1 tablespoon to a 32 oz spray bottle. This will help kill the powdery mildew and will evaporate in a day or so. You need to spray the whole plants top and bottom of the leaves. It is the only P.M. treatment I use after flowers are present.

Protect that plant. Early harvest is not a good option. You can easily waste all your hard work that way.

i strongly recommend the german shepherd insurance agency.

no one gets within 20 yards.
unless they are loved and trusted lol.

Next year, dig a square hole in the year 6ft deep, cover it with faux lawn kinda tarp stuff .
Place a few boards over it to grow your plants in pots on. When someone tries to steal it, they walk into a deep hole and get caught the embarrassing way. Fukn ppl tick me off. Grow inside dude even tho the sun is free. Time ya cant get back. And if ya shoot the fuker, your getting time ;(

i strongly recommend the german shepherd insurance agency.

no one gets within 20 yards.
unless they are loved and trusted lol.

An English Mastiff will do the same, but also produce a lot more fertilizer. :rofl:

Back
Top Bottom