Newbie looking for help and advise.

lukmac

I am completely new to hydroponic gardening and a beginner in the world of marijuana cultivation. I have a production license so my setup is legal. I am growing seeds procured from HC supposed to be an indica strain but not much more info on the plant strain. Question is how long should I leave my plant in the grow/veg cycle (in weeks or plant size) in order to achieve a final plant of approx 3 feet when ready to harvest. I know that there are a lot of factors involved I am just looking for a general expectation for continued growth in the flowering stage. Any help or advise will not be ignored.:thanks:

:ganjamon:

if it's indica it may never get over 3 ft. :cheesygrinsmiley:

You want to watch for maturity before you flower.
see if I can find some pictures for ya' :)

mature1.jpg

You see the nodes coming in staggered instead of straight across in a pair.

In the pic below you can make out that the last node(s) look even
But as you look up the main stem you see they start to offset,
MBG_clone_ready_for_the_flower_farm.jpg

The nodes offsetting is the sign it's mature and ready to flower.

or :cheesygrinsmiley:
Figure 1.5 ft. to finish at 3 ft :cheesygrinsmiley:

Thanks I had never heard the info about nodes and maturity b4. Also the height estimate is useful. I realize that only experience will tell but thanks for the guideline.:goodjob:

hydro is really not that complicated. i used a dwc system for my first grow and it was far more successful than my first soil grow.

If you know nothing of growing in soil or hydro, mite as well go hydro, you'll get faster results too. I use waterfarms, they work great. Just google the word waterfarm.

I am completely new to hydroponic gardening and a beginner in the world of marijuana cultivation. I have a production license so my setup is legal. I am growing seeds procured from HC supposed to be an indica strain but not much more info on the plant strain. Question is how long should I leave my plant in the grow/veg cycle (in weeks or plant size) in order to achieve a final plant of approx 3 feet when ready to harvest. I know that there are a lot of factors involved I am just looking for a general expectation for continued growth in the flowering stage. Any help or advise will not be ignored.:thanks:

:ganjamon:

I believe everyone should try growing soil and hydro at least once. Find out what your calling is. ;-) Some people really do prefer hydro, and some really prefer soil. Both can have outstanding results! There is not one that's better than the other. It's really just a personal preference. Good for you for jumping right in on hydro! Any pics yet? I'd love to see them!

If you have a maximum height of 3 feet, I would flower at 8-10" to be safe. There is nothing worse than running out of room. Indica plants grow shorter than sativa.

hydro is east when you have a digital P/h tester....and wold be come even easyer if you could find a digital conductiviy tester to know the TDS

I be a super noob, Since buying my first home and not moving all the time, I started my first grow room in an empty closet with dirt. I had many plants going and I'm down to 3. They're looking mighty fine, but it came at the expense of a fast learning curve. Dirt is easier than hydro only because you have to monitor your nutrients closer. (plus the mechanics involved)

I am gathering parts for an aero-hydro-nft combo next, because, I am THE Gadgetman and dirt is too mundane.

No matter what your choice, pick any topic here and start reading, i have been obsessed with this site since I started this growing adventure. There are many VERY experienced growers here, ready & willing to help out in any way.

Some will preach light, or ventilation or nutrients. these are all the things that have to be in order to grow good smoke, but the VERY FIRST thing you need is a Digital Ph meter, buy a good one and learn how to calibrate it and use it often. read about Ph and it's importance then get to growing.
Good luck and keep smiling.
P.S. - I've spent about $500 so far on hydroponics supplies, where I only spent about $100 setting up my dirt grow.

High and Welcome Gadgeman728! I like you have also been bit by the 420Mag bug! im on here alot of time out of the day i love the forums! oh and ive never used a ph meter on my grow and everything seems fine

Some people have all the luck, If I don't RO and Ph Down adjust my water, it wouldn't be fit to grow in. Our water is also sooo hard here... taking a shower is almost assault & battery!
I found this site after I had my dirt grow happening and started reading. I found so many grow problems that had their "roots" (so to speak) in Ph variances, I started reading about how important Ph really is. I ordered a Hanna 98127 Ph tester and some GH Ph Down, I've adjusted my water and can see a MARKED improvement over plain old tap water. I beleive that I wouldn't have lost so many of my original plants if I would have known about and adjusted my Ph.

I don't want to sound argumentative, but everyone who is serious about getting real results should have some way to monitor and adjust their water. Not everyone is as lucky as l8tnightskunk.

what i want to know is were do you have to live to get a "production licence"?

hey funk: your question was a bit off the topic here, but you should go to this link
Medical Marijuana Facts and Information - 420 Magazine

and find mmj laws for your state, then you need to be a registered user to get a "PRODUCTION LISCENSE". then you need to decide whether to go hydro or soil. sorry to hijack this thread gadget.

No worries tintala, great to hear from anybody.
It's been awhile since I posted. I can only spend a little each month. My Reverse Osmosis system and TDS meter are on the way. I scavenged a SS sink from an abandon house (all legal). I'm building a sink base from some wood I have laying around.

Back
Top Bottom