Newbie needs help

Ufcfan66

20151218_053023.jpg
20151218_053055.jpg

So this is my very first grow,this is a f1 strain (hindu kush )I've had in flowering for 3 weeks,any suggestions on how she looks,can I do anything to get it bushier,or just leave her the way she is. Thanks

You could do some training but it wont really help at this point. Since it is you first grow I would continue this to completion as is. It looks great for a first grow.

I would be interested in knowing what lighting was used in veg as it looks like it was not intense enough. But for a first grow you have done very well!!!

There is a lot to learn and it takes years to get half way there. Don't try to cram in years of growing learning into one grow. You simply can't stumble onto every issue you need to know in the first few grows. Especially if you did some research up front and have a great setup. Often times Failure is the best teacher.

:bravo:

If you really want to go there you could cut off the lower branches and try to clone those and re veg them and let all the bloom happen up top. Those top ones will get bigger. But I think for a newb you should let this go and learn about the physiology of what you created.

20151105_184803.jpg

Hi,first of all thank you for your imput most appreciated. I used this light first,then I switched to 2 40w led's,then I went to 1 led and 1 regular shop light.trying to keep the electric bill down,plus don't have alot of funds for bigger lights.

Well you did excellent so far. But the light used in the end is very important to final potency. You get out what you put in. it is way better to go with some cheap 400W HPS and get some cystally nugs then some CFLs. I know you said money is tight but even going old school magnetic ballast and a cheap hood with a decent bulb will gt you amazing results.

What I would recommend is to not waste your time and money on starting a grow again until you are prepared to finish it right. Save up and get something basic or used. All the grow shops around me have used ballasts for reasonable prices. A good light will pay for itself in one bloom. I use HPS the whole time as most growers do. So consider starting off with a simple 400W HPS open hood design.

Watch this video on lighting you will learn a lot.

And this is by no means top of the line but you Can get a pound a plant with this if done correctly. Pays for itself in one grow.

Apollo Horticulture GLK600GW19 600 Watt Grow Light Digital Dimmable HPS MH System

A pound a plant is really reaching. A qp/plant in soil would be quite the achievement for even a fairly experienced grower. Unless you're going to grow trees. lol

You would get double or triple the yields at least with a 400 HPS over what you have now. The lights you are using will veg your plants half decent but HPS with a decent bulb will really impress you in comparison.

L8r

With a SCROG and some skill and knowledge and the right pot and soil you can grow a plant as big as you want.

I just pulled this off of this months contest here on this website...looks like a typical soil blend to me...

POTMDec.jpg

Back
Top Bottom