Newbie new light set up - Advice recommended - Pics included

Tmac23

I just switched from 6 23w CFLs... to a dimmable 600w Hps... My plants are about 10 days old, running at 400w, tent size 48x24x60 it is placed in my living room, I don't have ventilation system yet still looking for a nice set up if you have any recommendations please share... it was getting way to hot in my tent so I added a fan, I found an inline fan I have that attached to the top to see if that would help with temp, Ive been keeping ceiling fan on and opened up balcony sliding door ... any advice is helpful
20160219_215332_HDR.jpg
20160219_215315.jpg
20160219_215255.jpg
20160219_215251.jpg

If you can dim even more then that would be first for now until you get your setup squared away. You'll need to get that inline fan installed mcgiver style asap that heat is going to be deadly and dangerous.
Imnot well versed on mh/hps but I think it needs to be alot higher for seedlings. Don't quote me on that but, look into it. I'm sure someone will be along soon to add to my blabbing.

Cheers

Edit: matter of fact you could get away with using a few 23w cfls for the next week and get your fan lined up before vegetation really starts which is when mh shines best

matter of fact you could get away with using a few 23w cfls for the next week and get your fan lined up before vegetation really starts which is when mh shines best

Exactly what I would suggest. HPS lights get hot, and that fan won't cool it enough. You'll want your ventilation squared away asap with that going.

Back
Top Bottom