Newbie, sprouting issues and droop

If you're using the foxfarm big bloom go with the once per week recommended dose which I believe is 4 tablespoons per gallon or even half that for the first time to see how they react.

I still haven't decided on what bloom I want to go with, but obviously need to quickly.. I've heard Tiger Bloom is not the best, but I've had good results with every other Fox Farm product. The issue, I guess as what I'm thinking, is that the last few weeks when you want no N, Tiger does... would it be easier to get something with the P-K and then figure out how to keep some of the N during the first few weeks?

I still haven't decided on what bloom I want to go with, but obviously need to quickly.. I've heard Tiger Bloom is not the best, but I've had good results with every other Fox Farm product. The issue, I guess as what I'm thinking, is that the last few weeks when you want no N, Tiger does... would it be easier to get something with the P-K and then figure out how to keep some of the N during the first few weeks?
If you follow the directions from FF, you use all 3 of their products in varying proportions, all through the grow. Those who do not follow the directions and think they can go with one product without the others or mix and match using their own formulas, get in trouble. You can take it from my experience if you will, just so you hear someone say it, I don't think there is a better designed line of synthetic nutes out there for soil than the FF trio along with the FF trio of solubles.

If you follow the directions from FF, you use all 3 of their products in varying proportions, all through the grow. Those who do not follow the directions and think they can go with one product without the others or mix and match using their own formulas, get in trouble. You can take it from my experience if you will, just so you hear someone say it, I don't think there is a better designed line of synthetic nutes out there for soil than the FF trio along with the FF trio of solubles.
That's good to know about Fox Farm nutrients. I've seen here and there on this form or some people can't stand them but you seem to be extremely knowledgeable and I'll take your word for it.

One week into 12/12. Pruned/lollipopped today to push for the main colas... looks like I should have a good many? Started on 2 tsp/gal FloraNova along with the 1 tsp/gal CalMag and 1 tsp/gal Thrive Alive that I had been giving them during veg with the Grow Big. They seem to like it and have responded well, the girls are very thirsty and hungry, at least compared to veg. I've been watering about 1 gal per plant every 7 days but have switched to 1 gal every 5 days as they seem to need it. I will keep an eye on them. Even the little one responded well to the new nutes, still not expecting much from her though.

Below are before pruning (left) and then after (right).

From Top left to bottom right: BC2, BC1, SJ3, SJ2

Attachments

• 20190123_100212.jpg
    20190123_100212.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 151
  • 20190124_113919.jpg
    20190124_113919.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 158
One week into 12/12. Pruned/lollipopped today to push for the main colas... looks like I should have a good many? Started on 2 tsp/gal FloraNova along with the 1 tsp/gal CalMag and 1 tsp/gal Thrive Alive that I had been giving them during veg with the Grow Big. They seem to like it and have responded well, the girls are very thirsty and hungry, at least compared to veg. I've been watering about 1 gal per plant every 7 days but have switched to 1 gal every 5 days as they seem to need it. I will keep an eye on them. Even the little one responded well to the new nutes, still not expecting much from her though.

Below are before pruning (left) and then after (right).

From Top left to bottom right: BC2, BC1, SJ3, SJ2
remember that girl I had about the beginning of your grow? That's her 8 weeks flowering.

Attachments

• 20190125_081633-1.jpg
    20190125_081633-1.jpg
    864.2 KB · Views: 135
Very nice. What are your trichs looking like? Looks like most your stigmas have turned?
Thanks, harvested yesterday trichs looked good. I trimmed my fan leaves and have them hanging. My method is hang them until dry to touch then trim off smaller leaves and put manicured buds into paper bag until stems snap, then into jars checking them 1 or 2 times a day. Curing is the key to success.
How your plants doing?

Thanks, harvested yesterday trichs looked good. I trimmed my fan leaves and have them hanging. My method is hang them until dry to touch then trim off smaller leaves and put manicured buds into paper bag until stems snap, then into jars checking them 1 or 2 times a day. Curing is the key to success.
How your plants doing?

Yes, I'm very intimidated by curing... I know it's the one of the main processes that will make a world of difference between a good tasting product and bad. Do you use an hygrometer in the process? I've seen people buy individual ones for each jar... don't think I'm willing to shell that kind of money out.

They look to be doing well. Just watered/fed them. Have a few dilemmas at the moment though. I want to SCROG, but right now to water, I have to move them around to really get a good watering because my tent it so small. Also, the FloraNova feed schedule says "Consider fresh water irrigation after 1-3 nutrient applications." Like that's not vague... they just had their 3rd of nutes, should I flush next watering or just wait until the last few weeks? Seems like if they are doing ok, keep on keeping on?

From top left to bottom right: BC2, BC1, SJ3, SJ2.

Attachments

• 20190202_172947.jpg
    20190202_172947.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 152
Yes, I'm very intimidated by curing... I know it's the one of the main processes that will make a world of difference between a good tasting product and bad. Do you use an hygrometer in the process? I've seen people buy individual ones for each jar... don't think I'm willing to shell that kind of money out.

They look to be doing well. Just watered/fed them. Have a few dilemmas at the moment though. I want to SCROG, but right now to water, I have to move them around to really get a good watering because my tent it so small. Also, the FloraNova feed schedule says "Consider fresh water irrigation after 1-3 nutrient applications." Like that's not vague... they just had their 3rd of nutes, should I flush next watering or just wait until the last few weeks? Seems like if they are doing ok, keep on keeping on?

From top left to bottom right: BC2, BC1, SJ3, SJ2.
What they're saying is not to flush but use pH water only instead of watering with nutrients. I grow in soil and I water then feed then water than feed then water Etc. And I do this when the plants feel very light and are dried out. And I always had cal-mag in the watering and in the nutrients both. Does that make sense?

What they're saying is not to flush but use pH water only instead of watering with nutrients. I grow in soil and I water then feed then water than feed then water Etc. And I do this when the plants feel very light and are dried out. And I always had cal-mag in the watering and in the nutrients both. Does that make sense?
What's your system

Isn't that a "flush" though? I know some recommend using a product during a flush, but isn't the basics of a flush is using water (pH'd) without nutes? My thing is, if they are obviously feeding off the nutes, why stop? I get the flush before harvest, but during flowering if they aren't showing signs of burn or lock out, why not keep doing what you are doing?

Isn't that a "flush" though? I know some recommend using a product during a flush, but isn't the basics of a flush is using water (pH'd) without nutes? My thing is, if they are obviously feeding off the nutes, why stop? I get the flush before harvest, but during flowering if they aren't showing signs of burn or lock out, why not keep doing what you are doing?
If you have to flush your doing it wrong. .

Four weeks into flower, everything looks good to me, but of course this is my first.... I'm watering every 5 days right now, which seems to be about what they are needing. Any comments or things I should be aware of? I did notice a very small amount of pistils are starting to brown on BC1, I assume that's normal? Temps have been about 75 F during the day and 60-65 F at night with 40-50% RH during the day, gets around 60-65% at night (not sure I can do anything about that).

445: From top left to bottom right: BC2, BC1, SJ3, SJ2
431: BC1
823: BC2

Attachments

• 20190209_101445.jpg
    20190209_101445.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 147
  • 20190212_165431.jpg
    20190212_165431.jpg
    707 KB · Views: 144
  • 20190212_165823.jpg
    20190212_165823.jpg
    869.7 KB · Views: 163
Going in to week 6 of bloom. Sour Jacks looking great, Blue Cookies too. Some of the BCs' larger leaves are starting to turn purple. Is this genetics (being of a Blueberry hybrid) or something I need to be concerned about like phosphorous deficiency? Nothing has change as far as feeding schedule and it kind of showed up overnight, one night after last feeding.

Pics: 1. SJs 2-4. BCs 5. overhead.

Attachments

• 20190225_150525.jpg
    20190225_150525.jpg
    752.8 KB · Views: 154
  • 20190225_150555.jpg
    20190225_150555.jpg
    832.1 KB · Views: 145
  • 20190225_150534.jpg
    20190225_150534.jpg
    755 KB · Views: 153
  • 20190225_150538.jpg