Newbie help with sprouting Sour Jack

Jajunk

Very new, but think I've read up pretty well on the subject. I bought Blue Cookies and Sour Jack from Crop King. Germinated 2 BCs and 2 SJs by soaking in water for 18hrs and then paper towel until root tip was 1/4". Then transplanted into solo cups of Happy Frog, planting root tip down about a knuckle deep. Have misted to keep soil moist, but not "wet." Put all under 6500k 23w CFLs for 18-6. The BCs have sprouted nicely, very quickly, and are looking great, the SJs don't seem to really be doing much. I removed some soil on one of them and you can see the cotyledon still together and stem bent over. I can't figure out why they aren't doing much but the BCs are flourishing when the same technique was used.

Any one else have issue with this strain or know what may be happening? Thanks in advance for the help.

some are slower than others, try not to disturb them. you seem to be doing it right.

side note. search some reviews on crop king seeds and make your own conclusions.

Hello , I am just sprouting some cks blue cookies and they do spout quicker than a lot of other breeds , mine were up in 2 days , just give the sour jacks a few more days they will sprout , they sprouted quicker than my crown royal seeds from cks also ,this is a hobby of constant learning and patience.

Thanks, I've probably been planting about 1/2" down, I'll try shallower next time. One of the SJs finally sprouted, I guess it's just a lot slower than the BCs. The other I think didn't make it.

I've been putting clear plastic bottles over them for humidity, how long should I continue to do so? I'd like to move my lights a little closer at some point.

Back
Top Bottom