Next light purchase

Hey sorry man, been busy. Are there any items in particular you are curious about, that may allow me to answer questions better.

Things I like:
-Well built and you can tell parts are high quality.
-Very very bright.
-Easy to disperse around the room if you buy plug and play models.
-Definitely throw off heat, but not a crazy amount.

Things I don’t like:
-No ability to dial up/down the strength of specific spectrums (e.g. blue all the way up, red all the way down).
-No ability to turn the light off except to unplug or shut off via timer. Dimmer only lowers the strength of the light, but can’t turn it off completely. Maybe there’s a specific dimmer that would provide this functionality, but I don’t have it.
-Not the easiest to hang and/or move around. This point goes for both the pucks and then a separate IR/UVA COB board I built on their 22” heatsink.

Neutral:
-Straight line heatsinks... IMO this has serious drawbacks as the coverage area feels limited compared to having 4 in a square. You can avoid this by using a dif heatsink/frame or use the single plug and play.
-heatsinks are bulky and heavy (comes with the territory of quality).

I’m producing pretty fat buds right now using these pucks, but I’m also using an Advanced LED Diamond Series, so it’s hard to know how much they’re responsible for compared to the XML. I’ve tried a lot of LEDs and I’d say my top choice at this point is definitely Advanced. They’re expensive, but I’ve had a really good experience with them.

Hope this helps!

Back
Top Bottom