Nine Toed Hippie Intro

Hello and welcome to :420:NTH.
I thought I would chime in because of our similar rooms. Mine is 5 X 3 I'm sure you will enjoy the extra foot of depth, I do most everything reaching in through the door. I had an old white tarp that I used for my walls it seems to work well.
You can find a couple of pics in my journal that may or may not help... warning don't follow my growing methods though.:rofl:
I find that the 5' width is only good enough for 3 healthy plants. I did do 4 in there with a different setup (NFT) but with 5gal pots on the floor now 3 fills it up more than enough.
I've 1 CMH 315 in there... ya It's not near wide enough, 2 would be perfect though IMO.

Hello all. So glad to have found this place. Tons of info here. First time grower. Long time smoker. I’m in the process of building a grow room. Been researching and have decided to grow a couple “photos” and also grow a couple “autos”. I purchased a device before I found this place to germinate my photo seeds. Will start the autos in the container they will live their life in due to the fact they don’t handle transplanting well. I will probably grow my photos outside and will use my grow room for the autos but I’ve read where the two can be grown in the same grow room. I’m looking for advice on everything and look forward to doing some more reading/learning here. Any advice is greatly appreciated. I plan on starting a grow log also. Anyways again so glad to be here and look forward to any and all advice.

NTH
Can’t wait to see your progress. I’m also a new grower. Just started my second grow.
Best of luck!!

Ran into my first hiccup. Upon closer inspection I discovered my barn needs to be treated for termites! Think I’m going to swap my big grow room for a 3x3 tent kit from @Mars Hydro. Thinking that would be just right for my first grow anyways. Should be able to grow two autos in there correct? I will just put it in a closet in my house. Will be easier to control the heat too since it gets pretty damn hot here in the summer.

NTH

E0B84DB1-B083-4685-A7EB-2FFBCC1A852D.png

Sorry it’s a 2x2.

NTH

Ran into my first hiccup. Upon closer inspection I discovered my barn needs to be treated for termites! Think I’m going to swap my big grow room for a 3x3 tent kit from @Mars Hydro. Thinking that would be just right for my first grow anyways. Should be able to grow two autos in there correct? I will just put it in a closet in my house. Will be easier to control the heat too since it gets pretty damn hot here in the summer.

NTH
Well, your first hiccup :rofl: don't worry :nervous-guy:many more to come :rofl:...I've come across everything under the sun :popcorn: and I use preventative measures to make sure I'm bug and problem free...I've been growing since '07 though...

I have a solution for any larvae egg laying pest, including termites...been using them in my grow room and around my house for a few years now.
Beneficial Nematodes.JPG

Well, your first hiccup :rofl: don't worry :nervous-guy:many more to come :rofl:...I've come across everything under the sun :popcorn: and I use preventative measures to make sure I'm bug and problem free...I've been growing since '07 though...

I have a solution for any larvae egg laying pest, including termites...been using them in my grow room and around my house for a few years now.
Beneficial Nematodes.JPG
Sorry I haven’t responded sooner to your post MB. Thanks for that tip. I will definitely get some of that for my bigger room.

NTH

NTH
I use their 3 x 3 and TSW2000 light. It's an awesome rig! Note, it's 40 x 40 inches if that matters. I like that part.

You folks think I should go with a 3x3? Two plants at a time should be good for my first grow.
A 3 x 3 will host a good amount NTH. I've grown 2 and 4 plants in mine. The 4 were autos however if flipped at the right time I think 4 in 5 gallon pots will fit. I'm in LOS so 5 looks to be my min size. Someone feeding nutes could go smaller pots like a 3 or 4 but I think 5 would be best.

Back
Top Bottom