Nine Toed Hippie Intro

Nine Toed Hippie

Hello all. So glad to have found this place. Tons of info here. First time grower. Long time smoker. I’m in the process of building a grow room. Been researching and have decided to grow a couple “photos” and also grow a couple “autos”. I purchased a device before I found this place to germinate my photo seeds. Will start the autos in the container they will live their life in due to the fact they don’t handle transplanting well. I will probably grow my photos outside and will use my grow room for the autos but I’ve read where the two can be grown in the same grow room. I’m looking for advice on everything and look forward to doing some more reading/learning here. Any advice is greatly appreciated. I plan on starting a grow log also. Anyways again so glad to be here and look forward to any and all advice.

NTH

Welcome NTH :welcome:,it's a really nice community of folk here with tons of experience. You'll find many grow journals being done that are on the same lines as your own that you can tap into, and there's all the forums for different aspects of growing to delve into. The plant in my avatar is one from my last grow, but in some ways I didn't grow myself, it was grown from the shared knowledge and experience of the good folk here. You've come to the right place!:hookah:

Welcome @Nine Toed Hippie

What type of grow would you like too learn?

Have you decided the medium for the grow?

Do you have any images of your DYI grow area?

Stay safe, and Grow well my friend,

Tok..
Glad you asked me some questions because I have so many to ask myself I don’t know where to start.

Going to start off simple.
Grow room is 5 foot across, 4 feet deep and 7 feet tall.

image.jpg

As you can see it’s a work in progress.

Will be using soil and have seen different mixtures but am not sure as I have read auto flowering plants don’t like “souped up” soil so I’m all ears on what’s best.

Im also looking for advice on how to safely obtain the seeds.

Also in the market for a light for my set up. Have been looking at the sponsors here for this also.

I would also purchase some photo seeds as well and give them a try. Just looking to grow two to four plants.

Just getting my feet wet and really looking forward to getting to know other members and learning the ins and outs of it all.

NTH

Welcome NTH :welcome:,it's a really nice community of folk here with tons of experience. You'll find many grow journals being done that are on the same lines as your own that you can tap into, and there's all the forums for different aspects of growing to delve into. The plant in my avatar is one from my last grow, but in some ways I didn't grow myself, it was grown from the shared knowledge and experience of the good folk here. You've come to the right place!:hookah:
Thanks for the welcome!

NTH

Cool @Nine Toed Hippie nice grow area.

You mention about procuring some seeds, there are a few seed companies that are 420 Magazine sponsors.

More or less the site has sponsors for just about anything you my need.

What are you going to uses for the walls?

You will be needing a couple lights for that size flower area.

If you check my signature you will see a link for @Mars Hydro lights

I use there lights and believe they put out a top notch product.

Tok..

Cool @Nine Toed Hippie nice grow area.

You mention about procuring some seeds, there are a few seed companies that are 420 Magazine sponsors.

More or less the site has sponsors for just about anything you my need.

What are you going to uses for the walls?

You will be needing a couple lights for that size flower area.

If you check my signature you will see a link for @Mars Hydro lights

I use there lights and believe they put out a top notch product.

Tok..
I noticed Mars Hydro’s threads and thought the lights looked good. I will get in touch with them. Thanks for the tip.

In regards to the walls I was just going to staple emergency blanket material all around. I was planning on using the window for ventilation purposes? Maybe a filter and exhaust fan? Maybe just crack the window and roll with it?

Have read so many things about light timings too. Read some auto growers leave the lights on 24 hours. Also read you can keep an auto flowering plant in with a photo and by the time you need to change the light schedule for the photo it’s time to cut the auto down. So much info for this little pea brain of mine. Haha.

NTH

Welcome to :420:Nine Toed Hippie. That sounds like a journal in progress for 2021 ? Start a thread on building the grow room for questions suggestions along the way .
You’ll find some that say to plant autos outside and photos inside .

Welcome to :420:Nine Toed Hippie. That sounds like a journal in progress for 2021 ? Start a thread on building the grow room for questions suggestions along the way .
You’ll find some that say to plant autos outside and photos inside .
Thanks WH. I’m here to learn that’s for sure. So many different thoughts and ideas. Just have to pick a method and go with it I guess. I will get a couple threads going. Sure appreciate the warm welcome from all of you.

NTH

Welcome! I have an important question...what happened to the 10th toe?

Also hey that looks very midwest farm outbuilding. Love the old pine cladding and the smell. Be careful leaving that stuff exposed though, it can hold pests and mold. From my research a flat white bounces light better than mylar emergency blanket stuff. I'm planning on laying down Killz and then a flat latex in my grow room. All the exposed timbers are getting sealed with Johnson's just to be safe. Feel free to tag me in your journal when you start one!

:tommy:

Welcome! I have an important question...what happened to the 10th toe?

Also hey that looks very midwest farm outbuilding. Love the old pine cladding and the smell. Be careful leaving that stuff exposed though, it can hold pests and mold. From my research a flat white bounces light better than mylar emergency blanket stuff. I'm planning on laying down Killz and then a flat latex in my grow room. All the exposed timbers are getting sealed with Johnson's just to be safe. Feel free to tag me in your journal when you start one!

:tommy:
Thanks for the welcome. In regards to my tenth toe I blew it off with a 12 gauge shotgun. True story sad to say. Could have been lots worse so all good. Happened a long time ago and hasn’t really bothered me in any way other than buying shoes that fit both feet!

I read the same thing about white instead of the Mylar so I’m going to go with that and kill two birds so to speak in regard to light reflection and mold/pests. Thanks for that tip.

NTH

Hello all. So glad to have found this place. Tons of info here. First time grower. Long time smoker. I’m in the process of building a grow room. Been researching and have decided to grow a couple “photos” and also grow a couple “autos”. I purchased a device before I found this place to germinate my photo seeds. Will start the autos in the container they will live their life in due to the fact they don’t handle transplanting well. I will probably grow my photos outside and will use my grow room for the autos but I’ve read where the two can be grown in the same grow room. I’m looking for advice on everything and look forward to doing some more reading/learning here. Any advice is greatly appreciated. I plan on starting a grow log also. Anyways again so glad to be here and look forward to any and all advice.

NTH
Welcome to 420magazine my friend :welcome:
Bill

Thanks Bill!

NTH
Glad your here my friend.
Photos require 12 hrs complete darkness as you know. Ive read that auto like more light, 20/4 for best results.
Also if your careful there is no reason you can't uppot an auto.
Unless you are skilled at watering it can take a long time for them to fill the pot.
Just a thought. Lots of members grow autos in final pot. So not a bad thing.
@NuttyProfessor is amazing with autos. You should definitely check his threads.
Tag me when you get your journal going ill do my best to follow along.
Bill

Glad your here my friend.
Photos require 12 hrs complete darkness as you know. Ive read that auto like more light, 20/4 for best results.
Also if your careful there is no reason you can't uppot an auto.
Unless you are skilled at watering it can take a long time for them to fill the pot.
Just a thought. Lots of members grow autos in final pot. So not a bad thing.
@NuttyProfessor is amazing with autos. You should definitely check his threads.
Tag me when you get your journal going ill do my best to follow along.
Bill
Yes sir since I’ve made my intro post I’ve been doing some researching here and have learned quite a bit. My favorite quote so far is “ the plant knows what to do. It’s us growers that mess things up”. That’s gold right there. Lol.

NTH

Back
Top Bottom