Nonaware's 1st Grow, Bubbas Kush x Deep Chunk

yeah the 4th one the other that i started in paper towel just died in the soil so i am not sure if it did not like the mg seed starter or i hurt taking out of the paper towel.

the other two that i planted right in soil with no germ sproted the same time as the one that had a day head start in the paper with the tap root showing.

i was just reading woodmans northren lights #5 journal so i was leaning towards that one since i could compare my grow to his in a way.

i was planning on waiting till the plants showed a need for nutes before feeding them, but what do you guys suggest. also i was planning on fox farms but as i have not bought it yet i am still open for suggestions. i have a worms way 15 min away so the day i need it i can go grab what i need.

For an easy grow I got seeds of White Skunk, Master Kush, Oregon Purple Buds and Rocklock.
I tried to choose strains that are super easy to grow, take care of and have a good turn around time.

I just placed my 3rd order with Attitude seed bank, my last two arrived in 7 days to the west coast.

For nutes I would go with Foxfarm but for dirt I recently changed to Black Magic Organic as you know.

100_02171.jpg

100_02213.jpg

100_02233.jpg

so i had my first accident. i went down stairs to work. when i came up a few min ago i found my temp gauge on top of the little one. so propt it up with a tack box. i will give it a day or so to heal and then move it out. i just wanted it off the soil.

while i was at it i programed my timer and switched bulbs to a hps to start flowering.

i think that i am going to go through attitude. last time i went through hempdepot. so still up in the air about it. by the time they arrive i should have the box completed. planning most of the construstion to happen on the fifth. when i get my check.

i am self employed its great but i only get paid once a month some time twice but usually the first week of the month the payments come in. so i have to plan most of my big purchase then so i dont puss out near the end when my checking account is drying up.

I dont miss being self-employed... was a huge headache. A paycheck every 2 weeks and no worries about staying afloat is how I roll now.

That little guy that knocked over, I would just build a little mound of dirt around the stock to help it stand up. I had a clone thats pot flipped upside down and smashed it, it pulled though nicely. They look normal and a nice shade of green.

are your seeds fem?

Bummer about the temp gauge, things always seem to fall over when you're not around. At least cannabis is a plant that takes a lickin and keeps on tickin... Most injuries actually make the plant stronger as in the case with supercropping. I supercropped my plant's main stem and it rebuilt super thick and rigid. I put a picture of it up on my grow.

I plan to use FFOF soil and the Fox Farm line of nutes after I start up after the summer hopefully... About that 4th seedling, I have tried the paper towel method once and the seed never germed. I have had the best luck with just planting the seeds directly into soil.

Day 8 flowering 3 days 2 nights

003410.jpg

009274.jpg

004386.jpg

001402.jpg

so after 2 nights at 12/12 under a hps they are looking pretty good. i think at least.

I noticed after the first dark period that they really seemed to like haveing some darkness. so in the future when i veg i am going to have 4 to 6 hours of dark instead of the 24 light.

search - For an easy grow I got seeds of White Skunk, Master Kush, Oregon Purple Buds and Rocklock.
I tried to choose strains that are super easy to grow, take care of and have a good turn around time.

I just placed my 3rd order with Attitude seed bank, my last two arrived in 7 days to the west coast.

For nutes I would go with Foxfarm but for dirt I recently changed to Black Magic Organic as you know.

i was looking on attitude last night or day. not sure hours are odd. i found some white widow nortren lights and strawberry cough. i think that next month i am going to oder them.

i really want to try the strawberry cough. supposed to have low anxeity. some sativas really get me going some times. i like to read when i am somking by myself and they just ruin it for me always fidgeting and what not. not to mention if i go out somewhere.

i saw in your grow how you switched as was thinking about using black magic next time but i think i am going to mae a soil less mix next time having six plants and two of each. using two differnt soilless mixes three different in each mix and see what happens.

and no these are not fem seeds for 10 it was 35 and 5 to get here so 40 bucks to check out if they would arrive.

DJMattz0r - Bummer about the temp gauge, things always seem to fall over when you're not around. At least cannabis is a plant that takes a lickin and keeps on tickin... Most injuries actually make the plant stronger as in the case with supercropping. I supercropped my plant's main stem and it rebuilt super thick and rigid. I put a picture of it up on my grow.

I plan to use FFOF soil and the Fox Farm line of nutes after I start up after the summer hopefully... About that 4th seedling, I have tried the paper towel method once and the seed never germed. I have had the best luck with just planting the seeds directly into soil.

yeah always somthing happening when your not looking. in the future all my seeds are just going to be planted in soil if they dont come up after a while i will dig them out and mess with them.

thanks for reading and posting comments.

flower day 6
020102.jpg

021112.jpg

02382.jpg

02285.jpg

the one in the white pot in the back, its leaves are curling and drouping? my guess it is from over watering when i feed them the first time they were not dry actually quite moist but they showed need for some food...

i think it will be fine as it drys out. for some reason it seems to not drink as much as the other 2.

light went out as i was taking the pics so sorry for the quality. i will post better pics when i get up... all three smell good though.

flower day 9

all_f_day_9.jpg

1-03.jpg

1-02.jpg

1-01.jpg

3-01_2_.jpg

3-02.jpg

rsz_2-02.jpg

2-01.jpg

they all have a lillte nute burn. the first one being the most severe... well i assume it is nute burn... after the flush all of them seem to be recovering...

i have a minor conern that it might be a little of ph fux also...

my camera wont let me get any closer for better pics of the pre flowers.

I agree Search, sometimes it is best to just let them do their thing and not fidget with them too much as you end up doing more harm than good in some cases. If the plants are getting better after your nute burn just keep an eye on them, they look nice. Hopefully they will show ladies soon! :cheer:

yeah that seems to be the best answer i can find anywhere... wait and see... so i am just going to give them ph 6.5 water for a while.

on to the grow cab. right now i am not sure if i want to finish building my cab or just buy a tent. looking at the prices of finishing the cab or buying a tent the tent is going to be cheaper. so i am leaning towards that one. but i am still undecided about it. next week i am going to go grab an air cooled hood. and maybe a inline fan... i have an 8 inch duct booster i think that i am going to see if that keeps it cool for a while. if not i will keep some money aside for a fan and muffler.

do any of you have any experience with t5s. i am thinking about using them for my veg chamber when i build it not sure though.

veg_sketch.jpg

things can be flipped around and what not.

regardless of the strain or i should say i am only going to get strains that dont need height when going to from veg to flower i am only going to let them get about 2 ft.
i am not planning on haveing a constant mother. when the plants in the top get to a point that i can clone them i am going to tak cuttings and then put them in the bottom. to root while the mothers recover. then put the mothers into flower. and switch the hopefully by now rooted clones to the top self to veg for 3 weeks to a month then switch. i am hoping to put to 2 plants from veg to flower a month that way i can have a nice constant harvest...

of course there are going to be problems because i am a noob but that is my goal.

of coarse that is for when i get a good strain. that will be a while. i want my cab or tent working full blast first. and i need a little more experince... and i will probaly need more tubes in the veg. but i am not sure at the moment... probaly and as i need when things get started.

thanks for reading my ignorant rambling...

Those 24" T5 fluorescent bulbs will be nice to keep temps low and should be enough light to sustain a mother and clones since they don't need huge amounts of light. Now if you wanted faster veg growth you would want to throw more lights in, maybe 4. You should look into PL-Ls, they are more efficient and compact although they definitely aren't as easy to work with. Similar to a T5 but involves pins you generally need to wire yourself.

Here are a few places I have seen that sell them. The first one sells kits and the second has tons of bulbs.

A H Supply - Easy Ordering

18 - 55 Watt PL-L Lamps Light Bulbs

ease of use is an issue. but i am looking in to the plug ins. it will be a while before i get it set up so plenty of time to research both of them. the one thing that t5s give me that i like is the foot print evenly over every thing.

Oh yeah, the PL-Ls have a huge footprint, I saw a side by side comparison shot and they definitely throw a bit more light but in terms of ease of use the T5s will be easiest since you can get them anywhere. Are you going to buy a fixture that holds 2 bulbs then or rig something up?
:blunt:

I like cfl's for vegging. They are easy to move around if need be, are cheap to replace and the ones I use put out enough lums to keep 6 plants happy and healthy.
I use two of these bad boys, I was using more bulbs and LEDS but found two was plenty.

$28 each
6,900 Lums x 2= 13,800
light18.jpg

growlight.jpg

i am heading to wormsway in a bit to get my hood. what are the detail of thoese. i have seen ones just like that there but what color and what watt and lumen. i think that i am going to try them for veg and mother.

just read a really good article on keeping a mother bonzi style. i'll hunt for the like a post it if i can find it.

its my 18th hour right now got a rush job trying to finish have to have it done and loaded up by 4. can only write these post during my smoke breaks taking to many but detail work tends to make me rage when i am tired.

stopping by wormsway after the delivery.

Back
Top Bottom