Noob with tons of questions

What are you doing for air exchange? You're running a carbon filter and exchanging air, correct?
Carbon filter for outtake 6inch and 5inch fan for intake, 3 fans to keep air moving inside. I’ve tried every combination like not constant intake or outake, running every other 20 mins but it doesn’t budge or make a difference.

Try getting your intake air from a cooler source, definitely make sure your outlet is not venting into your intake area .

Run your extractor fan 24/7 in flower.

I would open the space with lights on until it is less than 60%rh if you can, then run the extractor. It will only clog with high humidity.

Defoliation will also lower humidity. Also make sure there is no standing water in the space.

Some do , some don't. I would hunt down someone like newty and ask her. She is the resident plant hacker. Some growers do small amounts of defol throughout flower.

Some do , some don't. I would hunt down someone like newty and ask her. She is the resident plant hacker. Some growers do small amounts of defol throughout flower.
So even though I have fans blowing on the canopy 24/7 and a fan blowing underneath I still have a chance of getting mold?

If your rh is high, yes. Indicas can't handle high rh like sativa can. Indicas have heavy dense buds. Sativa are more airy.

Im struggling to keep it down, Im averaging around 60-55rh - which im guessing is not good. Bought a demhumidifer and its done pretty much nothing. Ive got like 4 fans in the tent to try and reduce the chance of mold :(
Is your dehumidifier in the tent, or in the room you are drawing the air from? I suggest putting it in the room, and closing the door to limit air movement to what is drawn into the tent. Set the dehumidifier as low as it will go. Reduce the airflow through the tent, especially from about an hour after the lights go off until they come back on.

Are you using porous containers such as clay or growbags? If so, direct incoming air up and away from your containers. This can help to slow down evaporation from the sides of your containers.

Infact it’s going down very very slowly, so once I reach my target RH I should zip up the room and try maintain that

Attachments

• E9CBC573-9187-4AF7-A70B-742AA8EB1497.png
    E9CBC573-9187-4AF7-A70B-742AA8EB1497.png
    383.3 KB · Views: 31
Is your dehumidifier in the tent, or in the room you are drawing the air from? I suggest putting it in the room, and closing the door to limit air movement to what is drawn into the tent. Set the dehumidifier as low as it will go. Reduce the airflow through the tent, especially from about an hour after the lights go off until they come back on.

Are you using porous containers such as clay or growbags? If so, direct incoming air up and away from your containers. This can help to slow down evaporation from the sides of your containers.
I will try everything you recommended hopefully I can get it lower. What’s the optimal RH you would recommend.

Below 50%. Last summer when the humidity was constantly above 80% I lost 1/3 of my crop due to mould/bud rot.
I’ve got it to 50% gonna try different techniques to keep it at this range e.g. switching off certain fans/intake/circulation fans etc and just hope for the best also in im in week 4 and I can se ethe buds growing and some pistils turning amber do the bud still get fatter/denser/better in the last 5 weeks?

Something I've done with my outdoor grows is cover the soil in the pot to slow down evaporation.
I use reflective material from a dollar store windshield shade,but plenty of other things would also work.
Not sure if it would help much in your indoor situation,just kinda throwing it out there.

And yes-the buds will continue to fatten in the next 5 weeks

Yeah you definitely want to try and keep your relative humidity lower as flower reaches the Midway point...... I just wondered why and how yours was so high? Is it just a humid basement or something?

What kinda space are you growing in?

If you look at the chart - keeping your temps in the 70s there's a much wider tolerance for RH. What we want to do is keep the plants transpiring.

That is the leaves have pores and when they are open (green on the chart) the plants are transpiring. This is the plant is taking up water and nutrients in the soil and transpiring out water thru the leaves. When the pores on the leaves close the nutrient and water uptake slow WAY down.

I like to run my temps in the 70s and RH anywhere from 30-60RH - anything higher than 60% rh and I worry about mold. High temps cause the plants to stress and that has it's own set of issues.

Fans are a good thing. Bugs hate wind and it also helps keep the plants cool even with higher temps.

OP if you are having trouble with RH - open up the tent or door. Run your extractor filter combo 24/7 dont turn it off.

If you're in the southern hemisphere and it summer time now - AC is a good thing. I run AC in my flower room 24/7 starting early spring thru to mid to late fall. It's the only way to control temps and RH those times of year for me.

Back
Top Bottom