Northern Lights - Stealth PC CFL Grow Case

W

WillDahBeast

Hello :420: community! This is my very first grow so any and all advice is greatly appreciated.

First I'll give the specs of my grow case.
Dimensions: 22.1" x 9.1" x 20.7"
Lighting: 6 x 42-Watt 6500k Daylight Twist CFL Light Bulb
Air ventilation: I'm going to be using 120mm pc fans, right now I have 2 on intake and 1 exhaust.
Once I make some DIY Carbon filters i'll have 3 on exhaust and maybe 1 or 2 on intake to keep negative pressure.

IMG_25737.JPG

View image in gallery

I have plans for many future upgrades but I reached my budget limit for now and deciding to get my feet wet and test the case out.

I have a northern lights clone that I got from a friend. The roots were surprisingly long (not sure if the roots are supposed to be +3" in a cloner)
I transplanted it into the pot containing Fox Farm Ocean soil on the 16th,
This is what it looked like

They look kind of sickly but they have been in the case since then and they seem to be doing a lot better.
I feed her a quarter of strength nutrients from Fox Farm on the 19th. I Ph'ed it to 6.0 after the nutes were added(Realizing now it should be around 6.5)

I will upload recent pics soon

Case temps are pretty high around 77 when lights are off and can sometimes get to 90 when on,
which is why I figure I need more exhaust to get the heat out. The humidity is pretty low too. around 30%
I have been putting a frozen water bottle in their to keep humidity up and temps down.

Will keep pic updating after every watering. I plan to feed her again in 2-3 days depending on how dry the soil is

Thanks again for taking interest in my first grow!

Re: Northern Lights, Stealth PC CFL grow case

I would get my humidity up, and perhaps cut a few of the bottom leaves off. It looks like the plant is struggling a bit. I would also keep it out of direct light for a bit. Still have light on it, just not directly. put the light to the side and block the direct light if possible. I hope this helps. Good luck. Repps for your first grow!

How did this grow turn out?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info.

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read the photo gallery tutorial:
Photo Gallery Guide: How to Resize, Upload & Post Photos

I am moving this to Abandoned Journals until we get updates.

Thanks and hope all is well in your world.

Love and respect from all of us here at 420 Magazine.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom