Not sure if I'm doing this correctly

Robertson420

Hey all,

I'm just looking for some opinions and advise on how my plant is coming along. From most of the other growers I see on here my plant seems to be very short and bushy. My original thought is that maybe I had done something wrong in the early stages of growth. I was looking for some opinions if my plant still looked good for its age.

I started my grow the first week if December and currently on week 5 of growth. I have a grow journal going. I started my seedling with my 1000w led amazon light. Using soil recommended by a local nursery. I started off using a little bit of nutes but was given advice to stop as my plant didnt need it. So it have been growing now for 4 weeks with no nutes. I just recently repoted into a 10 gallon pot and gave it a dose of nutes for veg. I only water when the pot gets light and dry. Temp is consistently around 72 with rh 60%.

I dont have a ph measurement on my water or soil. Wasnt sure how crucial it was.

Attachments

• 20190106_175055.jpg
    20190106_175055.jpg
    686.6 KB · Views: 32
  • 20190106_175046.jpg
    20190106_175046.jpg
    776.9 KB · Views: 37
  • 20190106_175040.jpg
    20190106_175040.jpg
    702.2 KB · Views: 33
  • 20190106_175032.jpg
    20190106_175032.jpg
    707.3 KB · Views: 33
  • 20190106_175028.jpg
    20190106_175028.jpg
    516.9 KB · Views: 31
  • 20190106_174954.jpg
    20190106_174954.jpg
    656.9 KB · Views: 33
  • 20190106_174947.jpg
    20190106_174947.jpg
    626.4 KB · Views: 32
  • 20190106_174942.jpg
    20190106_174942.jpg
    554.7 KB · Views: 34
Looks good, but. Get in there with your scissors and trim each branch until there are 4 nodes on each branch. Id take the lower two branches on each side to start. Then, start cleaning each branch that's left over. It's too busy, or thick inside and you'll regret that in flower. The lower stuff won't get light, air, and will disappoint. Do some reading on techniques,, you've got time.

That two gallon can is probably used up for nutrients so look to get her into something larger.

12/12 is the lighting period that triggers flower. You don't want that now or until you're ready. 18/6 is common for veg.

Just a matter of preference if you want to top or not. If you top it you'll end up with two leads. You'll need to or should wait a few weeks before flipping into flower after topping.

Leafs look a little bit of a dark green maybe a good flush would help you out on that to much nitrogen other then that plants look good buddy
I disagree bro i think shes cool. Think it might just be a dark pic.
Have you been moving the light up as she grows? This could be whats kept her squat but could just be lucky and got a girthy girl lol. Personally id give her a little defoliation now wait a few days so she can recover then top her nice and simple. nothing major just the biggest set at the top and a couple big pairs from the bottom will make a huge difference.

I disagree bro i think shes cool. Think it might just be a dark pic.
Have you been moving the light up as she grows? This could be whats kept her squat but could just be lucky and got a girthy girl lol. Personally id give her a little defoliation now wait a few days so she can recover then top her nice and simple. nothing major just the biggest set at the top and a couple big pairs from the bottom will make a huge difference.

Still a bit more green then i would like it!!
But yes she looks good just a lil bit green and flushes never hurt..

Thanks a bunch guys....I will do some research on topping and defoliation, how to do it properly. Still much more to learn!!

There isnt no wrong way to defoliate..just start at the bottom with about 20% let her heal up which is a day!! and wait a few days ,and do about 10% there on till harvest every week or even 15% and youll have some nice buds at harvest and Good size colas.....

There are absolutely wrong ways to defoil. Id read up on it. You'll see about 50/50 from growers on whether they do it or not. That alone,, tells me there's wrong ways to do it. But, don't believe me just read......

There are absolutely wrong ways to defoil. Id read up on it. You'll see about 50/50 from growers on whether they do it or not. That alone,, tells me there's wrong ways to do it. But, don't believe me just read......

Ok well read as you like but why you asking if you run an reading to find out elsewhere in telling me to read when iv grown plenty in have done it every way possible in see no difference in growth iv trimmed every leaf off before to the stalk except the suger leafs and acouple fan leafs at the top of each cola and it grown right on and harvested just as much bud as the other plants..

you can read on how to water canna correctly and there will be a million different ways for it to be done correctly..
point blank it was you asking a question in i tryed to answer it from plenty of experience..
and you tell me to read.. great info

I didn't ask the question. I responded to your statement. I don't need to read about it.

I didn't ask the question. I responded to your statement. I don't need to read about it.

Yeah me either i replied to wrong person thats my bad but i dont need to read it either iv done my own defo plenty of times in get the same results everytime so preferably to me theres no wrong way. But have it your way bud

Have you been moving the light up as she grows?

^^^This.^^^

Want stretch? Raise light.

Adding three or four 2,700K 23-watt CFL bulbs around (and fairly close to) the top of your plant might help, too.

Back
Top Bottom