First time grower and only have one plant - Not sure if I'm doing this right

Hey Tony,
I am going to make a few assumptions here and if I am wrong please feel free to correct me and set me straight as to what the facts are.
I am assuming your not going to be switching out to LEDs or HID lights for when you flip here to flower.
I am also assuming your grow area will not get larger when you decide to flip her.
With the assumptions it is safe to say your not going to be verging your girl to 30 inches and growing a big plant.
Here is a very simple way to decide when you have to flip her. With your light as high as it will go in your grow area and your container as low as it can go, measure from the top of the pot to the light the subtract 3 inches since you are using CFLs. This number is the maximum grow area you have to work with. Write that down For this example we will say it is 40 inches after we subtracted the 3 inches for spacing of the light.
Now your plant will continue to grow after you flip her and the general rule of thumb is a multiplier of
1 1/2 times for pure Indica plants
2 times for Hybrid plants
2 1/2 times for pure Sativa
With out going back and rereading your posts I am assuming what you have is a Hybrid since 100% pure plants are not all that common. so lets do some math.
If you grow your plant 20 inches tall, thats from the top of your pot to the highest point of the plant and flip her she will be roughly
20 + (2x20) = 20 +40 = 60 inches. Nope thats to tall for a 40 inch grow area
Now this time lets work backwards so we can get the right size for this without just guessing each time.
H+(2xH) = 40 inches (where H = height of plant in inches)
3H=40 inches
40/3 = H
A=13 1/4 inches is when you will need to flip for a 40 inch grow area.
Now go measure your actual grow area using your light and pot and plug those numbers into the equation. That is the tallest you should grow your plant.
Hope this helps Tony.
Now you can always flip her anytime she is shorter then that height, but that is the tallest you want to grow her. Now keep in mind there are tricks like LST to help keep your plant short even as she grows to increase your yield.

I appreciate the advice. ..anything and everything is always a help to me...and to be honest I got the seed from a bag... we are only assuming since it's already growing pistols after a month or so ..the date it popped out of the soil was 10/6/15...umm also with the height I might Rais the light higher to grow the plant more... I started to lst earlier but it grew so strong and fast it popped the strigd from the tape..and I was thinking of "flipping her" as you say .. I ordered some led light.. 2x 196 little bulbs 30 watt... but not sure if it's strong enough ... I bought it ogg some bullshit site that sells no name brand products and got both lights for under 30 bucks .. hopefully the do the job.. if I don't raise I might start the lst again and try Scroggingg. If that's the right way to say it.. thanks again

20151118_114312.jpg
20151118_114447.jpg
20151118_114622.jpg
20151118_114627.jpg

Ok so I bought a humidifier cuz the humidity was super low ... like high 20 low 30.. not it's almost 65 .. temp is 80-81°... also I am stating to see roots grow already... see the tips of them starting to pop out where the drain holes are..and added more lights... have about 7-8 lights now...and added a 6 in fan inside also...let's see how she does with the humidifier ... tell me if im doing anything wrong

So I bought a humidifier and made a boo boo.. I plugged the humidifier in the wrong extension cord thinking I plugged it into the one that's plugged into the timer.. so I walk into the room and all I see is like smoke or mist and I'm like OH SHIT !!...I started a fire... just happens I ugged wrong cord and the fan was off so didn't circulate. ..99% humidity. .. freaked out... but it's dropping now... but I should only keep humidifier on when light are on right

Thank god.. everything is swell... I'm sure we all could be in worse places... VG or (viking goddess ) she is growing beautifully. . And I'm surprised at myself for getting to this point with her... didn't think I would have gotten this far...I'll post some new pics in a few..how have you been Budd worshipper hope all is well

20151120_1357091.jpg
20151121_113523.jpg
20151122_003108.jpg

Ok this might sound crazy or not... so I chopped the male plant and dried it and actually grind it and smoke it .. I think it gave a nice buzz .. but tasted harsh. .figured it could hurt to try

When I get home from work I'll post some more Recent pics.. thought I have more..

Now I have a small question maybe you can answer or whoever read these posts... now with this scrog when the leaves start to poke through the holes ... do I weave them through the strings or tie them down with bread ties

Hiya tony

Ya girl is looking really healthy... Responding nicely to ya LST work...

Top turning back, others loving the extra light. :goodjob:

As for the yellow leaf... Just remove it gently mate.. Should come away easy.... When they like that it best to remove em... Dying foliage can attract pests to ya grow... It wont harm ya lady at all...

Glad all is progressing nicely... Have a great sunday dude :high-five:

Back
Top Bottom