First time grower and only have one plant - Not sure if I'm doing this right

I came home and say biggie pooped out the soil it wasn't like this yesterday. .. I understand it's growing. .. but is this normal
20151024_185458.jpg
20151024_185519.jpg
20151024_185533.jpg

If you scroll up and look at the pics b4 this ... the stem was in the dirt
20151023_125710.jpg

But here is the pic
That is caused by the way you are watering your plant, it is known as trenching. One way to avoid this is to get a thin layer of clay hydro-pelts and cover the surface of the soil. then when you water, pour the water in so as to get complete coverage without dumping it in all in one big dump. Gently pour it in around the whole area.

Soo what's going on guys...
Today I arrived from work and to check on my babies and to my surprise I saw yellowing on the first leaves pn the smaller bushy one .
Now my question is do you think I should start feeding it nutes which would be done on the feed cycle with is the 10/30 ... or should I still just give water...
20151028_152853.jpg
20151028_152848.jpg
20151028_152828.jpg

just give water... she cant handle nutes yet

True true.

Tony,
Please do not take this wrong, because it is meant actually as a compliment. You remind me of me just a few short months back. I had not grown weed since the 1980's and to be honest, I grew crap compared to what I can do now. That being said, I was so worried about failure that every time anything changed I went into panic mode. Got on the phone and called my brother (whom has been growing medical for around 10 years now) and sending him pics, and running across the street to my neighbor who has been a medical grower for the last 14 years, and dragging him across the street to take a look. Here is what they told me, now if it was just to get me to stop bugging them every other day or just telling me how it really is.. this is what both told me eventually. "Look, it is a weed, and a tough one at that. Try not to over think it and stick with the basics" So thats what I started doing and you know what? it is true, marijuana is a weed and it is one tough plant. If you just remember the basics light water and ventilation while you may not end up with forearm sized colas, it is pretty darn tough to screw it up completely. When I set up my 1st indoor grow this year believe me, I saw videos of monster sized colas and was like "Oh Yeah, thats what I want" Truth be told, I was wanting to run a marathon before I knew how to walk. Once I came to the conclusion that the only way to get to the finish line (Big ol monster colas) I needed to learn to slow down and not race but take my time. Think things out, and if a friend offers a pointer, use it or not, it is the journey that matters, not the race.

Never get discouraged and remember the difference between failure and success is the people who were successful failed 1st then learned from their mistakes, the other guy gave up when he failed.

Best of luck

Hi tony...ya scary first grow... We all been there....

Basically less is more at this stage.... Over fed/ over watered plants have many problems....

Its very easy to " fry" or " burn" the little ones....

At least you have found the best weed forum in the planet.. You will get great advice

Another pointer... When watering, keep the plant and leaves dry.... Only the soil needs it... The droplets can magnify the lighg, causing burns for example.....

You have a steep learning curve ahead, like us all when we started, but once you get the basics right, your half way there.... Dont be afraid to ask questions, thats why we all here.... To share and learn....

No keyboard warriors on this site... Happy days

:Namaste:

Hey Tony,
After I posted t you yesterday I had "one of those moments" Oh christ what have I done moments. lol I turned the power off to my cloner to pull a few clones out to put into soil, then got sidetracked. about 3 hours sidetracked. I looked in on the girls and was devastated. All my clones were literally laying on the top of my clone machine flat, so drooped over they looked like pancakes. I flipped the power back on and figure what the hell do I have to loose? Yep you guessed it, looked in this morning and they are all back upright and have a bit of a scour on their face but I believe most will be fine. Like I said yesterday, these girls may be beautiful but they be one tough plant.
By the way, I would not recomend stressing your plants to this extreme but sometimes in life chit happens. Roll with it and enjoy the journey.

Totally agree...

Heres an analogy for you... If a new born baby, comes home and is fed on formula, all is well.... If it hoes home to steak n chips, you get major problems !!!

Your intensions are good, but please fellow grower... No more nutes, i learned this too, in my first grow....

Nutes must only be used applied when stated... Your babies need nutes yes, but still in seedling stage, let the soil feed her...

They are getting plenty of what need right now

They will recover, just no more food for awhile...

:peace::passitleft:

Totally agree...

Heres an analogy for you... If a new born baby, comes home and is fed on formula, all is well.... If it hoes home to steak n chips, you get major problems !!!

Your intensions are good, but please fellow grower... No more nutes, i learned this too, in my first grow....

Nutes must only be used applied when stated... Your babies need nutes yes, but still in seedling stage, let the soil feed her...

They are getting plenty of what need right now

They will recover, just no more food for awhile...

:peace::passitleft:

Love that analogy but if that baby goes home to a hoes home, he/she is gona have more issues then just steak and chips. lol

Back
Top Bottom