First time grower and only have one plant - Not sure if I'm doing this right

If your referring to warm air as in the air inside the grow area verses cooler air from outside the grow area I would say, either is fine so long as you are not running high temps like mid to upper 80's inside your grow area. If your grow area is kept in the mid70's yo mid 80s then a small fan inside the grow blowing air around inside the grow is very beneficial. Not only does it keep the Co2 circulating but it also keeps the temperature more evenly distributed. If you are getting spikes of high temperatures then I would say chances are you do not have enough air transfers to vent out the old air and bring in fresh. The air movement in your grow area will also help develop stem strength because the plant will build stronger stem walls to deal with the movement. It is kind of like exercise for the plant. If the plant does not get air movement it is like the child that never exercises. They grow up weak and spindly.

Hope that helps you some.

Do keep in mind that the size of fan for air movement is directly propotional to the size of your grow area. due to the size of your grow area a small computer fan may be all that is needed, you just want the leaves to dance a little, you are not looking for gail force winds. A 16" occulting fan may be just what I need in my 10x5x6.5 but it would create havoc in yours.
Always remain positive and small steps will get you further in your journey then rushing and failing.
Keep at it, it will come to you!

What do you guys think ... the yellow leaves fell off.
20151030_151229.jpg
20151030_151247.jpg
20151104_222942.jpg
20151104_223037.jpg
20151104_223129.jpg
20151104_223140.jpg
20151104_223239.jpg
20151104_223252.jpg
20151104_223312.jpg

Also I just transplanted the lil one today in a gallon water bottom I cut put 6 drain holes but didn't water put fresh soil...

Welcome Tony! Head over to the grow journal section of the site (link in my sig) and start a journal. You'll get a lot more help over there and you will be more organized and able to back track for your next grow. I'll sub and help as much as I can. Again, welcome to 420Mag!!!

Good morning Tony,

Your bigger plant appears to be rebounding back to shape nicely. Newer growth appears vibrate and healthy.

Though your smaller plant does cause me a little alarm. I am not knowledgable to just come out and say it is this or it is that and be spot on, but it does appear to be in some sort of lockout. Soil appears to be moist, and over watering it may be part of the issue. And if over watering is the issue what I am about to say will seem like crazy advice when you hear it but bear with me. I would suggest you allow your smaller plant to go un watered until the soil is dry as a bone. Really let her dry out. She appears to be in a 6 inch pot I may be wrong, just guessing from the look of the picture, but once she is completely dry, when you go to water her, slowly pour about 5 gallons of water on her and allow it to completely drain out. Pour it in slowly so allowing it time to flush out any salts or excessive nutrients you may have added by mistake.
Now the real question is, how long is dry as a bone, since you do not want to kill her by dehydrating her to death. One way you can do this is to grab the same size pot and fill it with the same kind of soil you are using for that plant. DO NOT ADD water. Allow it to completely get bone dry. This is your controlled sample. Your pot with the plant should weigh the same as the dry soil in the pot with no plant. When it is that weight that is the time to flush her. This also is a great way to learn when to water your plants in general. Water weighs around 8 pounds a gallon and if your adding a gallon every time you water it is pretty easy to tell when the plant has used only 1/2 of the water available but in smaller pots this becomes more of a challenge since you are watering with less.
Over watering is the #1 reason for most beginning problems. It is easy to do even for some experienced growers. Once you find a way that works for you, it becomes a lot easier. By the way, this is only one way of doing it, there are lots of different ways to know for sure when to water. Find what works for you and run with it.

Looking like your getting a grip on it I will say. Looking forward to more pictures and seeing how your ladies progress.
OG

Fantastic advise using a control for watering. I'm do that too. Eventually you'll get used to the difference in weight and do it without needing the control. The scientific method trumps again.

Well the smaller one got its first feed with nutes.. I did 1 ML of each.. which is about 1/4of what it says..to see reaction. .. l burn here and there but not serious... but I am using Big bloom tiger bloom and grow big.. so far look ok.. and does the other pic look like it is growing pistols on bigger one

Doesn't really matter. I try to water early. More important is to SURE they need water and to water fully.

So she is doing well...getting bigger..I changed one of the bulbs to a 2700 led bulb to see if it affects it differently growth wise... should I do " lollipop " and clean up a lil.. and how do we get it to grow more flowers...
20151113_064646.jpg
20151113_064713.jpg
20151113_064738.jpg
20151113_064639.jpg

And I'm pretty sure the other plant is a male so should I just chop it now since I'm not trying to breed the female..
20151113_064757.jpg
20151113_064818.jpg

So leave you opinions .. input.. advice. . Much appreciated thanks

I'd leave her alone. She still needs some TLC.
For more buds, I think you need more light and a bigger pot. Topping or other pruning right now will slow growth just as she is getting her feet back under her.

I ordered some led light 196 lititle bulb.. but only pushes 30 watt eachieve ..2 pieces ... under $30 ... see hiw that works out.. save up a couple dollar to order a legit brand... the one I bought comes from China might be a piece of shit.. and I'm going to transplant b4 I feed them again and prob put in a 1 or 2 gallon pot next.... most likely build another grow for future out of pc pips and will lone with mylar... what other bulbs should I buy or just add and buy more of the same bulbs..

I'd add more 6500k CFLs.

Back
Top Bottom