First Plant Ever

Inquisitor

This is my attempt at a grow journal for my first grow.
I got Bubblegum Cough which I believe is Sativa dominant from Cali Connection.
Grown outside in a 5 gallon pot.
The mix is layered, manure then potting soil then ground and mulch at the top.
used used lawn fertilizer every 2 weeks.
Vegetation lasted a good 10 weeks.
Five days into budding, the plant is about 1.5 meters tall.
What do people think?
IMG_20151028_222555.jpg

Day 8 of budding
IMG_20151028_222634.jpg

Main stem day 8 budding
20151020_203800.jpg

Budding day 3, 12 weeks old
20151020_203751.jpg

Budding day 3 12 weeks old

I picked Bubblegum Cough because they were Calli Connection seeds and I never heard of the strain before. Still have not found it listed anywhere.

Hi, is that the location where it gets the light? it just looks so stretched
Keep her safe through the rest of flowering and she'll give you some reward :)

Why is there growth at the bottom and then nothing?

But well kinda looks exactly like my first grown in not too large pots in the veranda.
Next time I'd try topping or fimming it in growth to produce a more sturdy bushy plant.
A friend of mine did a Royal Dwarf auto flower in a pot this summer, kinda looked like that as well, bit smaller plant, got to 1,30m and he got 17 grams dry bud, very delicious bud though.

I do wonder though, still some weeks to go for this one, most people around here who grow outside have harvested by now.
Guess you're on another latitude?
I'd say good luck and good weather to you!
She'll be alright! go buds!

ah okay! it will be that then..
It will just be me, I do everything these days to keep my plants from growing tall like this when they are in pots.
I'm more interested in achieving plants that have a base like your profile pic : )
But all my porch grows in previous years well looked exactly like this.. and I found it pretty hard to finish them with plump buds as temperature and sunlight were usually lacking in those last two months. but I did enjoy them just as much :D

Enjoy Inquisitor, you're in the fun phase now, watching the buds develop!

Hi, is that the location where it gets the light? it just looks so stretched
Keep her safe through the rest of flowering and she'll give you some reward :)

Why is there growth at the bottom and then nothing?

But well kinda looks exactly like my first grown in not too large pots in the veranda.
Next time I'd try topping or fimming it in growth to produce a more sturdy bushy plant.
A friend of mine did a Royal Dwarf auto flower in a pot this summer, kinda looked like that as well, bit smaller plant, got to 1,30m and he got 17 grams dry bud, very delicious bud though.

I do wonder though, still some weeks to go for this one, most people around here who grow outside have harvested by now.
Guess you're on another latitude?
I'd say good luck and good weather to you!
She'll be alright! go buds!

No she just came inside at night because there have been frost warnings.
I think it stretched because the pot is in the middle of a vegetable garden.
It must be a latitude thing because the garden is ripening now at the same time she started to bud.
Maybe they all share a schedule.
She was topped once when 3rd stage leaves came.

There was continuous lollipoping because there was little side lighting due to her growing in the middle of a garden.
The growth at the bottom is 2.5 weeks old and has popcorn buds.

CORRECTION this is NOT Bubblegum Cough!
This is a Sativa phenotype of STRAWBERRY OG!

Strain: Hybrid Indica/Sativa
Lineage: Bruce Banner #3 x SFV OG IBL

OG Strawberry, grown on the southwest ridge line of Mendocino County by HappyDays Farms, is an indica-dominant hybrid strain that delivers crushing effects alongside a sour fuel aroma. With a THC content that can stretch to 29%, OG Strawberry is a force to be reckoned with. This hybrid combines parent strains OG Kush and Island Strawberry Afghani Indica, a union of potency that will impress even the seasoned veteran.

Aha! okay makes sense to me now if she's in the middle of a garden.
You topped her, so the other big side branch is the other main bud?
Cause now I see she went uneven on the main stalk, but her growth kinda mainly still resembles an non topped plant.

Ah no bubblegum.. but strawberry.. well they both sound sweet.. I like sweet weed : )

You can see where I topped, the growth tier below the branching it shaped itself after that.
Competing for sun in the garden led to the long segments between tiers with no branching or leaves.
The two leaves that come at each growth tier never grew into branches and fell off on their own.
She did not start branching until it was taller then all the other plants around it.
The bottom growth started two weeks ago and immediately budded.
That is why I call it "natural lollipoping".

Hope all is well in your world.

Is this grow still alive?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info.

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read our Photo Gallery Tutorial.

I am moving this to Abandoned Journals until we get updates.

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom