First time grower and only have one plant - Not sure if I'm doing this right

The thing is the branch the yellow leaf is on is still healthy and the leaf itself isn't crunchy or crisp to just pull off... so I I was thinking waiting a little bit till it drys more so it can pull off easily. .. thanks again

So I got my lights in today... now my question is should I install them now or wait... and do I use then with the cfl's on also... or are these light for when the lights are off..bought these awhile back

20151130_162640.jpg

20151201_012922.jpg
20151201_012927.jpg
Ok so I got a little lazy with setup.. will do it tomorrow bcuz not sure how these lights will work if I don't see something withing tomorrow or the next day im taking ok...and go back to cfls..stressing again bcuz I don't no what reaction the lil girl is going to have with this light..and the lights are hanging 18-19 inches from VG

Ok so I gave its last feed with all 3 nutes...and I know you guys told me not too.. but it's been going smooth so far... should I continue or chande the feed

Ok so I gave its last feed with all 3 nutes...and I know you guys told me not too.. but it's been going smooth so far... should I continue or chande the feed
Hey Tony,

I know it has been a while since I popped in, sorry been busy as heck. 1st off want to commend you on getting your lady back on track. Last time I was here in your garden you were having some issues with over watering and using to much nutrients to soon. Glad to see you learned to be a little patient and let her tell you what she wants. I like the LST you are doing and the SCROG is very nicely put together:goodjob:
Bravo on the DIY scrog.

Couple of things, the yellow leaves. Once you have damaged a leaf it will always be damaged and will never recover. The plant will use up any sugars the leaf has stored in it, causing it to turn yellow and dry up and die. That is completely normal for a plant to do. Bud worshiper is correct though that those yellow leaves will be an invitation to pests looking for an easy dinner. Once they get to 50% yellow it is best for the overall plant health to remove it. It will not stress her enough to be an issue.
For the scrog you have many options, you can let it stretch and then tuck the branches under the scrog or you can use ties to tie them down. Just do not use anything real small like fishing line, since that could cut into the stem, or tie them tight, since you do not want to create a choking point.
If you are going to use nutrients might I suggest you use straight water every other feeding. That way you have less risk of over feeding her and prevent to large of a nutrient build up in the soil.
For the lights, by all means, use them. That is why you bought them for after all.

All in all I would say your doing a great job:goodjob:
I am looking forward to seeing your SCROG fill out :love:

The led lights are 20 w each so it's really not that strong...
And would it be bad to put both cfls and led light..cuz more lights are better so i don't know

Alot say use 1/2 or 1/4 .. but there schedule says other. . But then I don't want to burn my girl

a lot say dont use nutes and a lot also say use them full strength, like the scientists at FoxFarms who gave you that chart telling you exactly what dosage they recommend.

You can't grow by committee or poll. Make a decision, throw a dart if you have to... and then stick with it and see what happens. Having the possibility of making a mistake is how we learn.

Alot say use 1/2 or 1/4 .. but there schedule says other. . But then I don't want to burn my girl
Howdy Tony,
The reason many people tell you to use 1/2/ or even 1/4 recommended strength is to be conservative with the plant until she is a little more mature, and as a beginner gardener, it is easy to make mistakes. If you feel confident in yourself then I say go for it. Though if you are going to go for it and use full strength, then let me also suggest that you use Fox Farms newest feeding schedule not one that is like 6 or 7 years old.
DSC_08133.jpg
This is the newest feeding schedule for Fox Farms products. As you can see they have added a few items to their line up and they also recommend regular FLUSHING of the plant. They recommend flushing with their product called Sledgehammer, though I have found that if you use a minimum of 3 times the volume of water to the volume of the pot, you can get away with just straight water for your flushing. Personally I use 5 times the volume but only because I take PPM reading of what goes in with each gallon and what comes out and 5 times will get everything out where as 3 times only gets about 90% out.

Back
Top Bottom