Novice grower fem widows

Growing my 1st plants ever I don’t have no meters for testing so far just watching and water and topping the plants. I ran into a problem now. Leaf turning color so I flushed them heavy with tap water and gave them nut in water
image-jpg.3558234

image.jpg

Welcome to the group. Overall the plants still look good and you should be able to take care of the current issue.

It will help if you can give a bit more info. I noticed you mentioned that you did not have any testing tools yet but any info you can supply now will help.

What is in the pots? Is it a soil mix you bought and if so what is the name as shown on the bag. Or is it something you mixed up yourself and if so what did you put in?

You mentioned flushing and then giving the plants some fertilizers/nutrients. Same sort of info is needed. What fertilizers? Name of company and the name as it appears on the bag or bottle? Let the group know the the dose you used and how often you fertilize?

Having that info will help narrow down possible reasons for the colors on the leaves. I looked at a couple of plant deficiency charts and articles the closest I see at this time is that the plants need more Phosphorous than they have been getting.

I grow in a compost soil mix that I put together myself and do not bother with flushing. As for fertilizers I use the Roots Organic Terp Tea Grow and Terp Tea Bloom products and occasionally will add their Calcium-Magnesium product.

Welcome to the group. Overall the plants still look good and you should be able to take care of the current issue.

It will help if you can give a bit more info. I noticed you mentioned that you did not have any testing tools yet but any info you can supply now will help.

What is in the pots? Is it a soil mix you bought and if so what is the name as shown on the bag. Or is it something you mixed up yourself and if so what did you put in?

You mentioned flushing and then giving the plants some fertilizers/nutrients. Same sort of info is needed. What fertilizers? Name of company and the name as it appears on the bag or bottle? Let the group know the the dose you used and how often you fertilize?

Having that info will help narrow down possible reasons for the colors on the leaves. I looked at a couple of plant deficiency charts and articles the closest I see at this time is that the plants need more Phosphorous than they have been getting.

I grow in a compost soil mix that I put together myself and do not bother with flushing. As for fertilizers I use the Roots Organic Terp Tea Grow and Terp Tea Bloom products and occasionally will add their Calcium-Magnesium product.

Hey smokingwing
Thank you so much for helping me figure this out!
Sooooo the soil I used fixed farm and mycorrhizal soil. Foxfarm nutrients are the following: Tiger Bloom, Big Broom liquid plant food, grow big, cal mag.
Since I started seeing the spots and curling I flushed the plant with 2 gallons of water, then I gave her 1tsp of everything with a gallon of water in the soil.

Am going to give her the phosphorus now and see how see respond
Any other good Info I am ready
Can in give u my # so we can speak
No need to post your email my friend we will all drop in here to help. :Namaste:
How are you mixing nutrients?
Calmag in first?
Are you alternating between water and feed?
How long are you letting the soil dry in between giving water ?
It’s important
Do you have the schedule that comes with your nutrients?
Talk soon buddy.
Welcome btw.

Stay safe
Bill284 😎

Recently I just feed her tiger bloom since someone mentioned it being phosphorus deficiency…
I do give her water without nutrients and nutrients with water at time
Since the leaves started turning I been flushing her with plain tap water and just feed her a few nutrients today…
No schedule just watching the plant and then making adjustments…
Thank you so much

Follow this schedule exactly.
Your in veg right?
Follow the schedule.
Feed one day then wait for the pot to dry 3-4 maby 5 days then give just plain water.
Then wait again until the pot gets light.
Then Feed, wait, water, wait , feed, wait repeat...........
But Follow the schedule. :Namaste:
They need all kinds of micronutrients and nitrogen to uptake it and grow.
She is hungry and looks overwatered. :Namaste:

Screenshot_20240320-135109_Gallery.jpg

Stay safe
Bill284 😎

Thank you Bill so I feed her some nutrients already. So I’ll wait a few days then just water and then I’ll follow the chart and feed her
I feel like she is getting worse though… I posted some new picks
Let me know what you think I should and thank you for all the information!!

Follow this schedule exactly.
Your in veg right?
Follow the schedule.
Feed one day then wait for the pot to dry 3-4 maby 5 days then give just plain water.
Then wait again until the pot gets light.
Then Feed, wait, water, wait , feed, wait repeat...........
But Follow the schedule. :Namaste:
They need all kinds of micronutrients and nitrogen to uptake it and grow.
She is hungry and looks overwatered. :Namaste:

Screenshot_20240320-135109_Gallery.jpg

Stay safe
Bill284 😎
So since I feed her and water her already I should wait right?
She is in week 5
Or should I feed her again with what the chart says and then wait until soil dry then water then wait till soil dry then feed…

So since I feed her and water her already I should wait right?
She is in week 5
Or should I feed her again with what the chart says and then wait until soil dry then water then wait till soil dry then feed…
Wait.
When she is dry then start.

Stay safe
Bill284 😎

Back
Top Bottom