Nute burn flush or no flush?

MarioUK

So I'm 7 and a half weeks into this strain (orange sherbet auto) Buds stacking Well etc using biobizz (grow bloom topmax) so 2 days ago I upped the feed from 2ml of bloom and topmax to 3ml per liter (also 1ml grow) and now some leafs are twisting scorching/brown spots etc (not on all plants just 1) So I have removed these scorched/brownin leaves as I don't want them to affect buds... Too late to flush? Or flush and carry on at a lower dose?

Pics would help. What are they growing in and are you adjusting the pH of the nutrient solution? If you think you've over done the nutrients maybe just give pH'd water for the next couple of waterings.

No need to remove the affected leaves either. In fact probably best to leave them as you can see if the problem is continuing or halted. They won't do any harm to the flowers.

What are your environmental conditions like? Temp, RH etc. Lighting strength, distance from canopy.

I have removed these leaves (some i have cut the tips off.. as there going browner and browner moving towards the bud. Ph 6.5. Biobizz lightmix, grow bloom topmax. Temps 26/27c lights on on 40/45%/rh lights off 21c rh 40%. (600w hps 18" from canopy) sure It's from going from 2ml bloom/topmax to 3ml. (Grow has stayed the same.) I'm planning in flushing in a week and half so I dunno what to do, I don't wanna slow down bud growth.. Only seems to be on 2 plants but this was the worst..

20210414_152917.jpg

20210414_152914.jpg

20210414_152924.jpg

I wouldn't have thought that step up in the nutrients would cause it. Started using the same nutrients myself and still use the light mix soil and topmax. Not too far from the finish so shouldn't cause a major problem now but would be good to figure out the cause.

Edit: Some autos can be sensitive though.

Doesn't look like nute burn to me. Something else going on with that amount of yellowing and the brown spots. How often do you feed them and how do you determine when to feed them?
Every 3/4 days usually when the pot is light when I lift it, I try my best to give them a good wet/dry cycle, Saying this the last feed i gave was maybe a day earlier, like I say I'm 8 weeks on Monday (from dropping the germinated seeds into there final pots (3 gallon fabric) and another week after Monday until I plan to flush so any advice here is good, I think I know it all sometimes, but there's always someone that knows more ;-)

Great colour on that flower. Just a thought, what water are you using? Wonder if a little calmag might help. Dropping the pH to 6.3 in future might help too.

What's the intent with flushing?

Pretty sure topmax has some calmag in it? Which i upped last time (3ml) Flushing? To get rid of the nutes out if the soil for a smoother smoke. (2 waterings of plain water 3 days apart then chop, so usually 10 day flush..

Does it? Never knew that. I've got some of the biobizz calmag but haven't really needed it. Seems to be enough in the tap water. Lol.

Okay, it's a hot topic but it's been proven flushing doesn't remove nutrients from the buds. Will use up what's left in the soil and save a little money on nutrients potentially. Key to a smooth smoke is proper drying and curing. Some people still do it some don't. Personally I agree with the outlook that the plants are still trying to swell in the last couple of weeks so why starve them?

However, just for fun on my current flowering run I have been only giving water to one of two OG Kush clones for the last couple of weeks to see if I can notice any difference whatsoever.

Does it? Never knew that. I've got some of the biobizz calmag but haven't really needed it. Seems to be enough in the tap water. Lol.

Okay, it's a hot topic but it's been proven flushing doesn't remove nutrients from the buds. Will use up what's left in the soil and save a little money on nutrients potentially. Key to a smooth smoke is proper drying and curing. Some people still do it some don't. Personally I agree with the outlook that the plants are still trying to swell in the last couple of weeks so why starve them?

However, just for fun on my current flowering run I have been only giving water to one of two OG Kush clones for the last couple of weeks to see if I can notice any difference whatsoever.
The old flush debate lol, this is something I see a lot of, personally I like to, (even 420 fastbuds) suggest this. But each to there own right?

Back
Top Bottom