I will keep you posted!! once I have completed my complete flush and refill and WAIT! "hate waiting", LOL. I'm a very impatient person sometimes, LOL!! I want results, I want to blink, then see everything better again, LMAO!! really though, I cant wait to try combining all the things Im learning now with what I know. I have made huge strides in knowledge with your help this week and that alone is priceless to me! THANK YOU!!!

Thank YOU for the kind feedback! :)

plant_growth_0081.jpg
plant_growth_0062.jpg
plant_growth_0052.jpg
plant_growth_0042.jpg
plant_growth_0032.jpg
plant_growth_0072.jpg

Ugh!!! I dont know what happened, but I had info for these pics, it didnt send with my post. Oh well in short I did partial flush, got things were I think they should be per my discussions with Xlr8. starting to see some signs of im provement except for the last pic in soil, shes not right yet for some reason. I wondering if she is suffering root rot and should I remove her so not to contaminate the others? How do I tell?
I cant just dig up the roots and see right? if it was in the hydro one, those would be much easier to check for root rot. With budget constraints I couldnt get the "zone" yet, but I will asap! thanks for the pointers and getting me headed in the right direction bro! keep ya posted.

If you its root rot the plants will start to drop and the stem will slowly get weaker. If you think your having root rot then get some peroxide and add 10ml to a gallon and feed. 2ml per L. No need to remove the plant from its pot. Unless further action is needed. If it was caused by nute burn then it just stunted its growth for a week maybe. It will bounce back.

Thanks TG! good looking out Im on it.
This will do until I get my hands on that "ZONE" stuff Xlr8 was talking about, my reservoir temp is a little high he says. This stuff is suppose to help combat problems associated with these things. Something like that, He would have worded it much better, LOL! Ive been reading up on it and it does sound like something I could use in my reservoir. Im going to be switching up my nutes next time around. Im going to need a whole new set. I was thinking of going with old reliable, GH products. my local store pushes there stuff it seems. LOL! But now after reading up on Blue Planet nutes Im leaning towards them. Their line-up for the cost, it seems unbeatable. Im also thinking of going with advance nutes ph perfect system, they on the other hand are quite pricey! ouch pricey for a whole complete set of nutes with extras. my store does carry some of the ADV. product line. they dont have BP products, I would have to order them online. any thoughts?

I love BPN check out page 82 in my second journal.... Link in siggy. That is what my girls currently look like. :)

Most Likely Problem

From my experience, purple stems are most always caused by Nitrogen and phosphorus excess, which is to mean, the plant got too much of it, thus lock out, and then deficiency. This is caused from salt build up and or over nutting. The plant accumilates anthocyanin. I first learned this from Jorge Cervantes.

The cure, and it usually works, but the purple might stay, however, new growth will come in green and stay green if the problem is fixed. Lots of times the purple will go away and stay away. Cure is to flush your plant with florakleen and water and cal-mag+, and lots of water. I had this issue with a Mendo Purp clone I bought. First I flushed with lots of water and florakleen. A few days later, stem was happy green, but then the purple came back. This was from cold temps and, I believe from feeding again. I should have fed it water with only cal-mag+ and liquid seaweed for the next few waterings.

Jorge also recommends adding growth additives.

Here is what I personally do. Add 1 tsp of florakleen per gal of water. Use as much water as the pot. If a 3 gal pot, use 3 gallons of water with 3 tsps of florakleen, plus cal-mag+ (amount recommend on bottle), plus liquid seaweed. Then ...

Water again with just ph water and B1 for plants. This time water again with the amount per pot, so in this case with another 3 gallons. This can be tedious, and you might want to just do it outside or in the shower or something.

Water the next few times with super low nutes. Be sure to let the pots dry very well, so that they are very light before you water again.

Root Problem

Slimly roots, and other root fungus, etc, can cause red/purple stems. It can also lead to nut issues, and thus symptoms on leaves. Check your roots if you can.

Fix the problem by flushing with ph water, and had h202 to the water, plus light nutes, very light. Add B1, plus add hygrozyme.

Cold temps,

thus cold water temps, or cold soil, cold medium, watever. Roots are cold. Warm it up, if this is the problem.

Back
Top Bottom