happy frog

11753.JPG

BOTTOM
21336.JPG

and your thoughts??????
:peace:

Re: Nutrient burn?? or not!

Hey mate, How are ya?
I am a soil grower, and use a 400w too. I grew NL a few grows back.. NOW- from what Ive heard randomly, some FF soils can be HOT in nute mix? ( pls correct me guys if im wrong ). But if your soil is hot, or lacking you will run into troubles..
The soil is my first IMPORTANT POINT OF CALL.. I use a 100% Organic HUMUS soil which actively creates n,p,k as it breaks down and also othr microbes. To this I add some Dolomite Cal/mag, a little premium potting mix ( not pine bark ) and some pea straw mulch. About 70-20-10 ratio.
So this is a fairly aerated soil as with my last grow, I used more HUMUS and no Pea straw and it retained alot of water and I ended up with Fungus gnat probs. This time - no such dramas..
Firstly I thought from your pic it was the begging of spider mites!! But it is most likely just needing some epsom salt or cal/mag..
Once you get it sorted, maybe try feeding some Seaweed extract - I use a product called Seasol which is great and it has a Powerfeed version for flower with lotsa good stuff in it.. And just a good trace element mix every now and then wont hurt. I have a book of when and what I feed and it helps as you can possibly avoid any build ups or lock outs, by vaying what youre feeding, sometimes just water is all they need.
Its taken me a lot of time learning to read a plant, and I do ok, but I do wish I had more space and better strain to choose from but as long as you follow some basic methods you will have some success..
Currently im trying to pull over 14oz p/plant in soil, in around 13 weeks.. Ill see how i go. So good luck mate, Smokemup..

A little more info would help us out a lot. Like feed rate?, container size?, pest? Ph? frequency of water/feeds? since you are using salt based nutes. I had leaves that looked just like that using foxfarm. I found out a little goes a long way with that stuff. I had salt build up and ph problems with low humidity.
Also a photo of the whole plant would be really helpful. Some times we get a rogue leaf that looks bad and the over all health of the plant is fine. Probably a PH fluctuation when this occurs idk.

Like feed rate?,
foxfarm dosing schedule week 3(all products)

container size?
5 gallon Oregon Grow bags.

, pest?
none known

Ph?
not sure how to take soil ph.

frequency of water/feeds?
alternate feed & water
3-4 days between each to let soil dry a bit & not drown the roots.

was wondering if this could be light burn- not lamp heat burn.

Here is the plant with issues.
Is this old issues just now showing?
Is this ongoing with corrective action needed.
I got some cal-mag but have not yet made an application.

some images may be of the same leaf.

leaf-plant_issues_013.JPG
leaf-plant_issues_011.JPG
leaf-plant_issues_008.JPG
leaf-plant_issues_007.JPG
leaf-plant_issues_005.JPG
leaf-plant_issues_004.JPG
leaf-plant_issues_003.JPG
leaf-plant_issues_002.JPG
leaf-plant_issues_001.JPG

I hope this helps you help me.:laughtwo:

Does look like cal mag in the 3rd picture down. I would flush them out just in case its a salt build up causing the def. Then give them 1/4 strength grow big and 1/4 strength cal mag. I would also give them a foiliar spray with cal/mag and a drop of dish soap to get it to them quicker. Some of your leaves look like they have nitrogen toxicity very dark green.
This is why I switched over to organics much easier. No phing No need to even flush. I grew with the trio and it was a lot of work. I found that the schedule is bullshit you cant put plants on a schedule they put you on a schedule. You have to listen to them let them tell you what they need.
If your plants are healthy looking and growing green and fast don't feed them until they start to slow down and maybe start to fade a little. I'm not knocking foxfarm or any nutes for that matter just need to keep it simple and let the plants overall health guide you through your grow. Good luck mate I think you should be ok just give them a flush and a light dose of nutes along with some cal/mag and they should recover for you!:peace:

The nitrogen toxicity was because my "organic" potting soil was completely infertile and they almost died. Circumstances mandated I use mir-gro. Even at 1/2 strength, that happened, but they did not die. I have been very pleased with FF and the growth has been beyond my expectations. (bare in mind how little experience I have) You have to play the cards which you have been dealt and make decisions as best you can. I have too much money invested in Foxfarm nutrients to be tossing in the towel. FF says to adjust the feeding by the response of the plants. This is why I was looking to see if I was in a nutrient burn situation. Besides that, the schedule calls for watering/feeding 4 times per week. That would mean watering or feeding every other day with an 8 day week. (& that is not going to happen)
Thank you for your input.

I hear ya! Foxfarm can grow some awesome plants don't get me wrong. just got to be careful with it. I still use it in a pinch. grow big is a great product. This was my sog with foxfarm.
016271.JPG

Here is my mostly "organic" sog
019228.JPG

Take in mind different strains and different container size but....just sayin!:thumb:

Possible Phos. defic too maybe?? Them dark patches showed on my girl and was a Phos. def. But as said, flush and replace with basics first.. As there may be build up or such as said.

Yep smoke is right! regardless of the diagnosis the treatment is almost always the same with salt based fertilizers flush flush flush then add everything back npk wise. It's sort of like a computer when in doubt restart it. Foxfarm even sells a product called sledge hammer that aids in flushing. It helps to release the salts that build up on the plants roots system.
Have you ever seen that green crusty build up on the bottle cap threads yeah that's the stuff. It builds up on the plants root system and prevents any nutrients from being taken up. Hope this helps you understand whats going on down in the dirt.
Thank you for the reps. Good luck with your grow if you have anymore questions you have came to the right place there are a lot of great growers here that are more than willing to help.:peace:

FLUSHED with SLEDGEHAMMER 2 tsp/gal - 1 gal/plant
FED 1 tsp CAL-MAG & 3 TSP BIG BLOOM - 1 GAL -- 1/6 gal/plant

FLUSHED with SLEDGEHAMMER 2 tsp/gal - 1 gal/plant
FED 1 tsp CAL-MAG & 3 TSP BIG BLOOM - 1 GAL -- 1/6 gal/plant

Tht sounds great.

In the ongoing saga of educated nutrient guesses and research, I came across a youtube video.
Calcium Deficiency Explained - YouTube

This fellow says this is calcium deficiency :

ScreenHunter_61_Jan_29_21_45.jpg

The plants do have issues like this. (or look like this)
But, on the other hand, the smashed remnants of a flying but, looked like a thrip.

One thing, which I should have known, is that calcium needs a higher PH to be available.
So, lowering the ph of my watering water, was not a good thing. DUH!!

I dont know if it was here I posted about raising or lowering the waters PH or not?? But anyway Ill add it here again just for anyone cruising thru.. REMEMBER: THIS IS USEFUL TO DO, BUT ID WARN AGAINST DOING THIS OFTEN OR LARGE AMOUNTS AS I AM NOT SURE OF ANY DAMAGE. But you can use Citric Acid ( from any supermarket ) to lower the PH , its VEY strong and a quart t/spoon is plenty for 10L to drop from 6.8 - 5.0.. SO BE CAREFUL _ TEST FIRST. And also you can use Baking Soda to raise the waters PH a little also.
Ive done this on many occasions, when I was trying to adjust the soils PH also, but I didnt go too hard on its use and just used my normal tap water other times as it was @6.6anyway. Later guys, Smokemup

Back
Top Bottom