Nutrient info needed please! Thank you

TurkiShroom

I have a 5gallon pot which later I will transfer to a 7 gallon, I am going to be using Advanced nutes and found that it tells me I should be using 2ml per week eg. What I want to know is does how much I feed change depending on the pot size?? Because when I check on there websites calculator it tells me to use like 52ml a week but on the box it says 2ml??!! Please can you help me with this as I will start feeding in a couple of days. Thank you all.

I rarely use even half of what AN recommends at the heaviest feedings. I grow hydro and usually around a 40% dosage, just a little less than 2ml/L of m,g,b on water change days. In soil you won't really have a set watering schedule. You need to watch your plant and adjust watering accordingly. Hopefully one of our soil growers will chime in shortly and tell you how they use AN. If not I will reach out to one and have them stop in here.

I believe you are reading the directions wrong. What the bottle says is 2mL per L. That is a concentration recommendation not a volume recommendation. What that is trying to tell you is during week X if you deliver say 20 L during that week you would go through 40mL of nutes.

Also these recommendations are primarily for Hydro. These are fine to use in soil but if you have a reasonable basic soil mix, not just something you buy and open (which is a huge waste of time and money), then you really can back off for a long time because there should be a lot of good stuff in the soil.

Also those concentrations are for Optimal conditions which is hard to achieve. They do not put directions on the bottle for small hot cabinets and tents. They do not put the concentrations on there for stunted or stressed out plants. They do not put concentrations on there for plants getting too little light. must I continue...:nomo:

Also depending on the style of hydro the concentration varies a lot since for example UC systems deliver nutes at a much faster rate...so you want them to be less concentrated.

All that said if you have a good soil that is heavily aerated and you are not in very early growth stages you can follow how the big warehouse growers in Colorado do it. They run typically run 6 day schedules that are 2 days of watering 1 day off to dry out and every other round you add nutes. So

Day
#1 Water with nutes
#2 Water only
#3 Dry out
#4 Water only
#5 Water only
#6 Dry out

In the end you must learn to listen to the plants. They are talking to you. Watch them closely and you will learn how to speak cannabis.

Great Info thank you very much for this. I am sure as I get into growing I will start to understand what these beautiful plants are telling me, you are definitely right about that, but for now being novice my connection with them is not so great. So I end up coming here for answers and thanks to people here who are great and have been great I am getting more confident. Thank you again Villiageldiot. Peace and love to you bro.

Fortunately for me we passed a law in my state and it is legal to grow for personal or commercial use now. I can grow 4 plants without any sort of licensing or anything just because I have the correct drivers license. I can grow virtually unlimited if I have a license to grow for profit with a very small per plant tax.

So I changed it to Oregon because they really don't have time to go after a legal home grower who is playing it legal.

The only problem is harvest time.

here's how it breaks down.

It is legal to own it...its legal to smoke it, and if you are the owner of an Oregon license it is legal to grow it. Its legal to carry it but get a load of this. In Oregon if you have any skill you will harvest more than the legal amount to have so you have to cook it down immediately or sell it to your friends ...WHICH IS ALSO LEGAL TO DO...from your personal stash of just 4 plants.

The problem is the 2 months drying it. There is no legal way to dry your own crop unless you suck at growing because of the max amount per household.

Since I have learned a lot from here I try to pay it forward. I can get away with being a visible person so I try to help as much as I can.

I would argue in a court that curing is part of the growing process so I just have to call my friends when it is done and I should be totally fine. It isn't hard really to hand out weed to people.

:party::party::party::party::party::party::party::party::party::party::party:

Hey Villiageldiot let that be the only problem dude :) The part of Turkey I live in forget growing anything, you can't smoke or even ask around it's so hush hush, even getting a beer is problem :) Man I wish and pray for the day when weed is free all over the world.
And Heanter thanks for the heads up I will do so, I still think I'm in London for God's sake:) Gotta start adapting to this place.

Back
Top Bottom