nicol

Hi everyone

quick question. As you can see from the feeding schedule, it tells you how many ml you need in a liter by week.

Now I was wondering:
Let's take in consideration BioGrow in week 4. It says 2ml/L.

Now my pot is 5 gallons, so I have to water up to 1-1.3 gallons of water (4.5-6 liter).

Does it mean that when I have to feed my plant I have to put 2 ml every liter, and so from 8 to 10 ml of Biogrow? Or I have to give 2ml in 1 liter max and the restant 5 ish liters have to be just water?

I hope someone can clarify this to me. Going nuts

Screenshot 2022-07-14 140722.png

If you are watering with 6 liters, you'll want to use 12ml of Biogrow. 2ml for every liter of water you use. In coco, always use nutrients and always pH to 5.8.

If you are watering with 6 liters, you'll want to use 12ml of Biogrow. 2ml for every liter of water you use. In coco, always use nutrients and always pH to 5.8.
Wow, great to know. Thank you so much. I have basically fucked up since day one. This is my second time growing, and as I said I have a 5 gallon container. Now I have been feeding the soil with 1 liter per week with the ml amount provided by the supplier, (week 4 only 2 ml) plus another liter of pure water during the week. Only yesterday I found out that I need up to 6 liters of water for my pot. Basically I have underwatered the soil, and I have done it to my first grow as well. Do you think it's too risky at this point to change completely the amount of water for this plant, considering that it's in almost the 4th week of flowering stage?

It's never too late. Go ahead and feed to runoff with 2ml/liter of water. It will take 6-8 liters per plant. Then see how long it takes for the plant to drink all of the nutes you gave it.

Are you in coco or soil? Coco you will feed every time (pH 5.8), soil you will alternate feeding/watering (pH 6.3).

It's never too late. Go ahead and feed to runoff with 2ml/liter of water. It will take 6-8 liters per plant. Then see how long it takes for the plant to drink all of the nutes you gave it.

Are you in coco or soil? Coco you will feed every time (pH 5.8), soil you will alternate feeding/watering (pH 6.3).
I have the light-mix version. As you can see on the nutrient schedule they say that their fertilizers don't need to water until run-off and so to water 2/3 times a week. Do you think that they are just generalizing it? Because based on that I thought that I had to split the amount of fertilizer per week and give 500ml every time I had to feed the soil during the week. Usually Monday/Friday. But now I think I was so wrong lol :/

Screenshot 2022-07-14 164832.png

It looks like you are feeding organic nutrients in soil grow. Based on the feeding schedule, I would water using the full nutrients once per week. Other waterings would be with just plain water. I would still water until fully saturated every time. Make sure to let it dry in between waterings. See Emilya's watering guide in my signature.

It looks like you are feeding organic nutrients in soil grow. Based on the feeding schedule, I would water using the full nutrients once per week. Other waterings would be with just plain water. I would still water until fully saturated every time. Make sure to let it dry in between waterings. See Emilya's watering guide in my signature.
Yes, I have been using BioBizz products only. So just to be sure, by saying "using the full nutrients" you still mean to use 2 ml / liter per feeding until run-off right? Sorry but English is not my first language and sometimes I have hard time understanding. Anyway I truly appreciate your help

You English is very good. Yes, use 2ml/liter and water until fully saturated, or just a little bit of runoff. So, for a 5gallon pot you will use about 6 liters of water with 12ml of Bio-Grow. Are you using any of the other BioBizz nutrients? If using multiple (BioGrow+FishMix+ActiVera), you should only use 1ml/l of each. So, use a total of 12ml of nutrients for 6 liters of water, even when using multiple nutrients. Good luck!

You English is very good. Yes, use 2ml/liter and water until fully saturated, or just a little bit of runoff. So, for a 5gallon pot you will use about 6 liters of water with 12ml of Bio-Grow. Are you using any of the other BioBizz nutrients? If using multiple (BioGrow+FishMix+ActiVera), you should only use 1ml/l of each. So, use a total of 12ml of nutrients for 6 liters of water, even when using multiple nutrients. Good luck!
Thank you so much for helping me. I have BioBloom and Top Max as well. I just finished doing what you recommended. Used 4 litres though, because yesterday I fed the plant 1 litre. After giving these additional 4 litres it started running off, around 10%-15%. So I stopped.
Unfortunately I read your message after feeding it.

In 4 litres I gave:
12ml biogrow
8ml bio bloom
4ml top max

I just gave what the recommendation is in week 5 on the nutrient schedule.

See the note on the bottom of the schedule about reducing amounts when combining multiple. You should be good this time.

Sounds like your are picking up some tips :thumb:

In the beginning their are a lot of misconceptions as for some of the older growers may have adopted or NOT but we do live in a modern world where we can move forwards together & enhance our shared experience together :green_heart:

Do you think it's too risky at this point to change completely the amount of water for this plant, considering that it's in almost the 4th week of flowering stage?
Since the plant is in the 4th week of flowering I believe it changes everything. My way of looking at the schedule you should be giving the plant 4 ml per liter of water of the 'Bio-Gro' nutrient. After spending about an hour of looking up info on the Bio-Bizz Light Mix what I found that the company is considering the first 4 weeks to be the "young" stage of the plants life and then the grower would start the flowering on the 5th week. Since you are in the 4th week of the flowering stage you should be using Week 8 on the schedule (4 weeks vegetating + 4 weeks of flowering). Follow the schedule up to week 12 which is 4 weeks vegetating + 8 weeks of flowering. You did cut off the 11th and 12 week of the schedule so there is no recommendations of what to do after week 12 if the plant is not ready for harvest.

Before your next growing session I recommend reading up about how the company recommends using their products. The Bio-Bizz Light Mix is a soil substitute intended for seedlings, cuttings and young plants for their first 2-3 weeks of growth. Somewhere around the 3rd or 4th week the grower is supposed to switch over to the companies All Mix by transplanting.

The Light Mix is not a soil as most people think of soils for growing plants. This quote below is from a hydroponics web site:
Light-Mix main ingredients consist of Peat moss, Sphagnum peat and Perlite. Mixed together, these components provide optimal drainage throughout which is essential for use with automatic irrigation systems. Light-mix provides an ideal foundation for all plants in the early stages of their life cycles, helping to produce organic catalysts that rapidly develop root structures.

It is not a natural soil. It is made up of almost all peat moss materials and very little Perlite which is the most expensive of the ingredients listed. While they are organic the peat moss is supplying nothing for the plant until it finishes decomposing. It is a grow medium intended to be something to hold the roots of the plant and hold on to the nutrients for a day or two. It is up to the grower to feed the plant from start to finish. The Light-Mix has no compost or mineral soils included.

Sorry but English is not my first language and sometimes I have hard time understanding.
Your English is better than that of some people that grew up with English as their first, and only, language ;).

If you are in western Europe or somewhere around the Mediterranean Sea you might be able to contact Bio-Bizz directly and talk to someone in your language. Or, at least be able to contact the company and talk to someone who might be able to walk you through any questions you might have using their products. The factory representatives have probably heard more questions than all of us combined could ask so any questions you might be asking about are something they are used to answering.

Also, if in Europe there should be web sites that automatically translate the web pages to the local languages no matter what country you are in at the moment.

See the note on the bottom of the schedule about reducing amounts when combining multiple. You should be good this time.
I Just noticed that note. Although I thought the note was for alga mic, acti vera and fish mix considering the three *. It was not that clear. :D I hope it won't create too much stress to the plant all those nutrients now lol ahahah

Screenshot 2022-07-14 191020.png

Sounds like your are picking up some tips :thumb:

In the beginning their are a lot of misconceptions as for some of the older growers may have adopted or NOT but we do live in a modern world where we can move forwards together & enhance our shared experience together :green_heart:
Trying to assimilate as much as I can, like a sponge but I'm not that young anymore :D

Your English is better than that of some people that grew up with English as their first, and only, language ;).

If you are in western Europe or somewhere around the Mediterranean Sea you might be able to contact Bio-Bizz directly and talk to someone in your language. Or, at least be able to contact the company and talk to someone who might be able to walk you through any questions you might have using their products. The factory representatives have probably heard more questions than all of us combined could ask so any questions you might be asking about are something they are used to answering.

Also, if in Europe there should be web sites that automatically translate the web pages to the local languages no matter what country you are in at the moment.
Thank you for the recommendations. It's true, BioBizz is not that clear and it seems to be very broad, or at least it's the sensation that I have, I should definitely reach out to them for some clarifications. :hmmmm:

Back
Top Bottom