What size pot are you using and have you done any training on the plant? Factors that will affect final yield are strain, genetics, pot size, medium, nutrients, environment, plant health, lighting, training, veg period etc. All these play a part. It takes practice to pull big numbers and there's no one magic factor that will guarantee a big yield.

Thank you so much. Anyway Yep 100g dried weed. This was OG Kush, a couple of days before the harvest

IMG_3832.jpg
That's a beautiful looking plant. What I can say though is that if you harvested this plant a few days after this photo was taken then you harvested way too early. She still had lots of bud building left to do.

Thats a nice looking bud man good job :ganjamon:
What size pot are you using and have you done any training on the plant? Factors that will affect final yield are strain, genetics, pot size, medium, nutrients, environment, plant health, lighting, training, veg period etc. All these play a part. It takes practice to pull big numbers and there's no one magic factor that will guarantee a big yield.
The pot size is 5 gallons. Do you think I should get a bigger pot or not? Then as you can see from the picture I didn't really train my first baby. ahahah and yes I harvested too early because I could not wait anymore ahahah Now instead with my Green Gelato I have done a main-lining and there are 8 colas, I just switched to flowering last night.

When it comes to picking the right time to harvest you want to see all those pistils (white hairs) turning orange/red and curling in. Straight white pistils means she's still growing. Once those pistils have mostly receded you need a magnifying scope/jewellers loupe to look at the trichomes (tiny little things that look like frost) up close. They will turn from clear to cloudy to amber. All cloudy is peak THC. When they turn amber the plant will contain more CBN which gives the couch lock effect. Most people harvest with cloudy trichomes and 10-30% amber but that is personal preference. The flowers do most of their bulking up in the last few weeks and yours looked like it had 2-3 weeks left to go.

I'd say 5 gallons is good for that size tent. More than enough really. Most go with 3-5 gallons for small areas. Biggest I've ever used is 3 gallon. Mainlining is good but takes a bit longer to train. Have you looked into quadlining? Plenty of people here doing it and there's an entire thread dedicated to it with full instruction on how to do it. Patience at the end of the grow is the hardest part but you'll be rewarded with a bigger yield and much better quality weed. Hide the scissors :laugh:

When it comes to picking the right time to harvest you want to see all those pistils (white hairs) turning orange/red and curling in. Straight white pistils means she's still growing. Once those pistils have mostly receded you need a magnifying scope/jewellers loupe to look at the trichomes (tiny little things that look like frost) up close. They will turn from clear to cloudy to amber. All cloudy is peak THC. When they turn amber the plant will contain more CBN which gives the couch lock effect. Most people harvest with cloudy trichomes and 10-30% amber but that is personal preference. The flowers do most of their bulking up in the last few weeks and yours looked like it had 2-3 weeks left to go.
Man that is some detail on growing i love this site lol. Im learning everyday from it and theres a really good community feel to it. Peace and love

That seems a great god damn light. Mine is a Marshydro ts 600 led and It's so warm and no dim. XD
I have a TS600 that I flowered 3 clones under in a 60x60 tent. Did a great job but yes the only downside to that light is that the driver can't be moved outside the tent and there's no dimmer.

Man that is some detail on growing i love this site lol. Im learning everyday from it and theres a really good community feel to it. Peace and love
Almost all I've learnt has been from this site. It is a great community to learn and share knowledge. We have some fun while we're at it too.

I have a TS600 that I flowered 3 clones under in a 60x60 tent. Did a great job but yes the only downside to that light is that the driver can't be moved outside the tent and there's no dimmer.
I have mine running at 75% and its barely warm its fantastic

It really is do you mind if I have you on my following and can chime in??
Yeah that's cool. I'm not the most knowledgeable person here but will always help where I can.

@nicol your TS600 will be fine as long as you can manage the temperature. Here's 3 clones I did under mine. They are in little 2 litre pots.
20210405_204954-1.jpg

Thank you for all of these great recommendations. I was googling but it's so hard to understand well the weed world. After this conversation I feel I can grow weed way better than before. Anyway I have never heard of quadlining, but it seems huge. I just googled it, loved at first sight. I may try on my next plant. Do you mind to share the quadlining thread dedicated? I would appreciate it.

About the light, is it true that the dimmer is important in cultivating? Is there a light that you would recommend me? For my size tent.

Back
Top Bottom