NvChamp's First Grow - Indoor - Soil - 6 Strains - Test Run - All Advice Welcome

Nvchamp

Nvchamp's First Grow Journal

If you have taken the time to stop into my thread let me first thank you for taking the time to read my journal.:thanks: I will preface by saying that I am a very individual but I will try to update this daily outside of my work schedule. All advice is welcome as this is my first run ever and I am trying a few different things to see what produces the best results for my setup. That being said, lets dive in.:reading420magazine:

What strain is it? Currently I have 12 plants inside a 5x5 Gorilla Grow tent. I have 2 Chocolate Mint OG feminized seedlings, 2 Iced Grapefruit Feminized seedlings, 7 seedlings of 2 different strains that I got a few weeks back filled will seeds and I dont know the true strain, 1 707 Truthband, and 1 Bubbas Gift

Is it in Veg or Flower stage? All my plants are between 3 weeks and 1 day old, unfortunately, in my inexperience I stagger started them but I have kept a close journal on their ages and the older once are just now starting to receive light nutrients and been topped between the 3rd and 4th node.

If in Veg... For how long? My oldest 2 are about 20 days old from the time they were planted into soil

If in Flower stage... For how long? N/a

Indoor or outdoor? Indoor grow, started in closest moved to 5x5 Gorilla Grow tent for better security.

Soil or Hydro? Soil

If soil... what is in your mix? I started with roots organic soil for my seedlings, I have decided to try two different nutrient setups to decide which works best for me. In the first setup I have decided to go with the dyna grow line of nutrients (Grow/Bloom/Protekt/ Foliage Spray/ +Hygrozyme/Voodoo juice/ Cal/mag, high brix) and in the second grouping I have decided to take a more organic approach using the Earth Juice line. (Microblast, Catalyst , Meta K, Grow , Bloom, +Hygrozyme/ Voodo juice/cal/mag, worm castings/pumic acid) In the organic method I will deliver the nutes via a compost tea brewed between 80-85 degress in a brewer that gives me about 800 ppm on the aeration front, for maximum aerobic bacteria creation)

If soil... What size pot? I start my seedlings in a small coconut pot and once they sprout their second node I have been transferring them to a 3 gallon smart pot for maximum airflow. At transplant I have given them a dose of high brix/protekt/ph down and root juice, to help facilitate the transplant, I honestly have no idea if that is right or wrong but I couldnt find much information on the subject. Once they have reached their 3rd node I transfer them into a 7 gallon smart pot and start giving them their nutrient mix.

Size of light? I am currently running a 1000w light. I run it approximately 36 inches for the top of my plants

Is it aircooled? No

Temp of Room/cab? The room temp hovers between 72-82 degrees from the start to the end of the day.

RH of Room/cab? I start their day at 7pm at night, as to ease how much I need to cool the pod, normally about 6:45 pm, I blackout the room the tent is in, go inside the tent and spray filtered water on the wall as dew. I then set my humidifer for 65% humidity, I run a Dyson blade less fan will little containers of ice next to it to keep the temp down through out the temp. I do not have Co2 currently but it will be an addition when the plants are slightly older.

PH of media or res? I try to keep my Ph between 5.7-5.9 I use a BluLab ph meter to monitor daily

Any Pests ? When i started growing these on whim in my closest we developed a small gnat issue. I lightened their watering and turned the soil regularly for about a week and eliminated the issue by 95%. Still a small annoyance but should be eliminated soon.

How often are you watering? Right now the plants are getting watered 2-3 times a week when the soil feels dry and they display a small amount of droop in their leaves. Trying to keep the first could inches of top soil dry as to fight my gnat issue.

I will post pictures as soon as I can figure out how as I am not tech savvy at all. Give me a little time and I will have pictures for you guys.

image7577.jpeg

This is a chocolate mint og seedling, currently 2 days old in a coconut seedling cup

image7576.jpeg

This lady is 10 days old, I refer to her as Bill Sussman this is an unknown strain but this seedling in particular has become the leader of her set of seedlings

image7575.jpeg

Affectionately refer to this plant as the older runt, this and one other seedling were brought up in plastic cups vs the coconut and both of them are substantially smaller then their counterparts of the same age, hence why both have been named runt

image7574.jpeg

This is the same age as the old runt,(20 days) an unknown strain but she has just been topped, after being transplanted into a larger pot, this plant is currently receiving the dynagrow method of nutrients and has really taken a liking to them from what I can tell.

A look at my setup with my humidifier in the corner.

This is the start of the compost tea I will be feeding my plants in early veg, right now, this consist of Earth Juice, Catalyst, Microblast and high brix with a little root juice

Any suggestions or comments welcome. thank you guys

Thanks for the grow, I am a big soil fan so hope you don't mind me hanging around and watching your grow show.

Very nice setup!

I'm intrigued by the number of plants you've taken on.
It feels like the 4 I'm going to have is going to take a toll on me.
:welcome: to :420:
:Namaste:

Very nice setup!

I'm intrigued by the number of plants you've taken on.
It feels like the 4 I'm going to have is going to take a toll on me.
:welcome: to :420:
:Namaste:

I by my nature take on projects that are far too large. It has lead to my success in business and we will see if that translates into my new hobby. I figure with several plants I can experiment slightly and find what nutrients/setup works best for me. I agree though, even now as I'm spraying their morning dew or meticulously brewing their tea, this is gonna be a ton of work. Hopefully I'm not to crazy for being excited for it.

Hey champ, what's the actual wattage rating of your 1000w light?:Namaste:

It should draw about 650 wall watts. This is a nice light with built in timers, both 3 watt and 5 watt leds. Not my grow, so if I guessed wrong, I will apologize in advance. :lot-o-toke:

image7702.jpeg

Here is another shot of all my plants without my light in it this time so it wont be removed

image7703.jpeg

This one here is about 22 days old she was started in a bad breathing container, so I continue to call her runt, she has been placed on the organic diet to see if she can outperform her sister Blurryface from this point on

image7706.jpeg

This is runts older sister Blurryface, she is also 22 days old, stands about 9 inches tall but is nice and bushy, she was also just topped so her growth has slowed the past couple of days, she will stay on the dynagrow diet

image7704.jpeg

This one here really had me worried for a time, when she sprouted she couldnt kick off her seed so I had to take it off for her and then she was avery slow grower as well, she will be on an organic diet vs the dyna grow diet

image7705.jpeg

This guy has been nicknamed Bill Sussman bc of his rapid growth, he is only 12 days old from the time he was a seed and a taproot put in soil but he has grown like a beast. Bill will also be on a organic diet

image7707.jpeg
image7708.jpeg
image7709.jpeg
image7710.jpeg

These guys are 4 days old now from the time that they were put into the dirt as seeds with taproots. All seem to be doing well, I did forget that the iced grapefuit tagged one was planted yesterday, he was a very slow sprouter and seems to be a slow grower as well

image7702.jpeg

Here is another shot of all my plants without my light in it this time so it wont be removed

image7703.jpeg

This one here is about 22 days old she was started in a bad breathing container, so I continue to call her runt, she has been placed on the organic diet to see if she can outperform her sister Blurryface from this point on

image7706.jpeg

This is runts older sister Blurryface, she is also 22 days old, stands about 9 inches tall but is nice and bushy, she was also just topped so her growth has slowed the past couple of days, she will stay on the dynagrow diet

image7704.jpeg

This one here really had me worried for a time, when she sprouted she couldnt kick off her seed so I had to take it off for her and then she was avery slow grower as well, she will be on an organic diet vs the dyna grow diet

image7705.jpeg

This guy has been nicknamed Bill Sussman bc of his rapid growth, he is only 12 days old from the time he was a seed and a taproot put in soil but he has grown like a beast. Bill will also be on a organic diet

image7707.jpeg
image7708.jpeg
image7709.jpeg
image7710.jpeg

These guys are 4 days old now from the time that they were put into the dirt as seeds with taproots. All seem to be doing well, I did forget that the iced grapefuit tagged one was planted yesterday, he was a very slow sprouter and seems to be a slow grower as well

Very nice!

Back
Top Bottom