Odin's Ongoing Phototron Experiment

I had experience with a phototron years ago and never really cared for it, but I do have some suggestions you may be able to use. I have no clue as to where you can get replacement bulbs for it but I have an idea. Try supplementing the lighting with CFL's in the top, use a standard round metal clip on reflector that you can get in a hardware store, then get an adapter that screws into the socket and takes two bulbs, use the CFL's that are equal to 100 watts or 150 watts if you can find them, use one daylight bulb and one warm white bulb. Now for your growing medium, Find one large pot to fit in the bottom or rather a bucket because you want it to hold water, now find a bucket that is slightly smaller that will fit inside the first and drill small holes all around the bottom of it, find some pea gravel and fill the bucket with holes in it. Now find a good aquarium air pump and an air stone and place the air stone in the bottom of the first bucket and place the second bucket into the first and fill with your nutrient solution, you can fill it until the water comes most of the way up into the second bucket. Just remember to keep your air pump higher than the buckets so water will not back flow into the pump, start your plant or plants in a 50/50 mixture of perlite and vermiculite then just transplant it into the pea gravel, keep the air pump running all of the time and before you know it your roots will fill the bucket and the plant will grow like crazy in the highly oxygenated nutrient solution. Another thing is to not veg the plant at all hardly, put it into 12/12 when they are only about 4-6 inches tall, I know that sounds crazy but the plant will continue to get taller as it goes through it's stretch that it does before it flowers, You will basically end up with a plant that is about two feet tall at finish and will be packed with buds. The more CFL's you can fit around it the better. By the way those two bud pics you had looked delicious great job...I just posted a grow journal titled " Product of years of breeding bagseed". I think you will enjoy checking it out, the pics I have in it are all plants grown under CFL's. Try what I said and you will be amazed at the rate of growth you get...:goodluck:...:roorrip:....By the way the adapter that I am talking about for the lights is shaped like a Y and you can find them in any hardware store...:hookah:

Wow! Lot of great info right there! Thank you so much for chiming in. I am definitely going to try some of your ideas. I will also make sure to bud much sooner, I wasn't sure what to expect and then it grew faster than I thought. When I go back to my old town (no grow stores AT ALL here) I will pick up that adapter and 2 100-150 CFLs to toss in the top. The fish tank pump idea is a great one, as I have an extra one for my salt water tank laying around. All in all - tons of new ideas to roll around in the old noggin. Reps for the suggestions WMD!!!! :grinjoint:

No opinions on that light?

Going to just keep plugging away with this post since there is a lot of good info posted in here by other members. Been busy with school, but I finally got all my Humate Supreme winnings from the July and Sept POTM contest. Getting ready to bleach the hell out of the Tron and get something started in there.

Not sure if I am going to use some of the seeds I have, or just get a clone. I'm still looking around to see what kind of clones are available at the moment.

Definitely going to be using Humate Supreme's products I won. Looking forward to trying them out. Should have enough to last through several small phototron grows. Reading through the paper work and inspecting their product, I have very high expectations. Fantastic looking nutrients and very informative labes/instructions. I'll post more concrete details here shortly. :smokin:

humatesupreme.jpg

Back
Top Bottom