Ohioboy With Fast Buds: Let's See How Fast Exactly

Wow, FIMing will stunt the plant that much? But dosent it make multiple branches and not just two on a top??
I dident ask anyone else about burying the stocks. No one else suggested it. I figured Id come talk to you some more about it. I believe you, and trust you and will do Ohio! I will scrape the stem some too, like a clone kinda. Thanks Ohio!

Wow, FIMing will stunt the plant that much? But dosent it make multiple branches and not just two on a top??
I dident ask anyone else about burying the stocks. No one else suggested it. I figured Id come talk to you some more about it. I believe you, and trust you and will do Ohio! I will scrape the stem some too, like a clone kinda. Thanks Ohio!

Yes fimming does add multiple nodes and when growing photoperiod plants and if your not on a timeline it's great but with the autos you've only got like 30-40 days tops of veg time so if you were to fim an auto all the veg time would be used up regrouping strength from the fim not allowing the rest of the plant to grow before flowering

Ohioboy can't stop!! Ohioboy With Fast Buds - Let's See How Fast Exactly

Yes fimming does add multiple nodes and when growing photoperiod plants and if your not on a timeline it's great but with the autos you've only got like 30-40 days tops of veg time so if you were to fim an auto all the veg time would be used up regrouping strength from the fim not allowing the rest of the plant to grow before flowering

So my outdoors this summer I should FIM those girls?? I want to be like Spook!!!! :)
One thing I got from the lil I watched the Mendo Boys is you cant top enough. I dont remember if they FIM'd.
Ohio, shorts in February..... must be nice!!
Great Day my Brother!

So my outdoors this summer I should FIM those girls?? I want to be like Spook!!!! :)
One thing I got from the lil I watched the Mendo Boys is you cant top enough. I dont remember if they FIM'd.
Ohio, shorts in February..... must be nice!!
Great Day my Brother!

Yeah it is shorts and flip flops 365 brother lol. Fimming is controversial for a few reasons. It requires you to make a cut across the middle of the node including fan and sugar leaves it is very easy to miss cut either cutting too short and killing the vertical growth completely or cutting too high on the growth and missing the objective completely which stunts the plant like it was fimmed but not creating new nodes just regrowth of the original branch. Topping is much easier and really can't be done wrong and it slows the plant less than fimming but you only get 2 nodes. I've done successfull fims and gotten 5 new node growths out of one fim site I've also miss cut and lost all vertical growth. It's best imho to top the colas and fim the secondary's this way if you mess up the cut it won't be detrimental if I were you I would be training those plants now separating branches and allowing deeper light penetration. Study up on lst (lite stress training) hst (heavy stress training) look up super cropping I have had good luck incorporating methods together like super cropping a fim cut the sc sends extra energy to that site speeding up the fim. Also your gonna want to check times of when it's best to do this I. E. 5 weeks in veg or whatever. Hope this helps dutches. Be well. #global420

I lived Hawaii 7 yrs my brother and know all about the 24/7-365 days shorts and flip flops. I wear them 8 mo. out the year here in Norcal. Ive got them on now with socks. In Hawaii is common to wear them flippers anywhere, church, the nicest restaurant. I dont think so in Florida???
I dident know with FIMing the main cola you can stop all its upward growth with the wrong cut, great info!!! Ive read about LST, HST, Im still green but will do some LSTing to keep the same height in my tent. Theyre getting flipped regardless in 3-4 weeks. Im not running the HPS in summer for nothing. Great Day Ohio!

I lived Hawaii 7 yrs my brother and know all about the 24/7-365 days shorts and flip flops. I wear them 8 mo. out the year here in Norcal. Ive got them on now with socks. In Hawaii is common to wear them flippers anywhere, church, the nicest restaurant. I dont think so in Florida???
I dident know with FIMing the main cola you can stop all its upward growth with the wrong cut, great info!!! Ive read about LST, HST, Im still green but will do some LSTing to keep the same height in my tent. Theyre getting flipped regardless in 3-4 weeks. Im not running the HPS in summer for nothing. Great Day Ohio!

I actually have made the mistake of cutting in the wrong spot on this run on one of my plants first time in a long time just goes to show even if you know what your doing shit still happens and it's a BIG BUMMER il loose 3/4 of an ounce I bet from my mistake this is the plant it's green crack from fast buds 26 days old and I made the cut two weeks ago
420-magazine-mobile1382392183.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1916745875.jpg
oops
420-magazine-mobile337153109.jpg
see how the cola just stopped and the secondary's are way up that's what happens when you kill the cola

So if you dont want height or a big main bud FIM that sucker. That in itself is a great LST method!! Thanks!! Great Day!!!

Not true. If your outside the fim cuts will be just as big as the cola would have been it just takes a little longer
You super crop if your getting too tall. But it'll still be as big if not bigger because of the super cropping

Hi all so I've been thinking about how to have a better more effective way of watering in a soil medium without too much complication and without spending lots of money . so I came up with this it's a wic system and all you need is two 5gallon buckets an air pump and a 16inch piece of 1inch diameter pvc pipe and a solo cup or plastic cup equivalent so first double up the buckets so you can see where the top buckets bottom is how high up from the ground
420-magazine-mobile2110933255.jpg
now drill 3 holes in the bottom bucket just under the bottom of the top bucket
420-magazine-mobile1253951152.jpg
now take the buckets apart in the top bucket your gonna drill a 1inch hole on one side of the bottom a 3inch hole in the middle of the same bucket and several small drainage holes all over the bottom like this
420-magazine-mobile1855772229.jpg
now put your pvc through the small hole and secure it at the top I made two small holes and used a bread tie but how ever and really it doesn't have to be secured the soil will keep it in place also you'll want to off cut the bottom of the pvc
420-magazine-mobile1639705703.jpg
now through the hole with the pvc
420-magazine-mobile1109771482.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1740367563.jpg
now stack the buckets again and you should have this
420-magazine-mobile428314957.jpg
now with your plastic cup slot the sides and x the bottom like this
420-magazine-mobile1212518577.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1847266795.jpg
and drop it in the middle hole
420-magazine-mobile2008493963.jpg
now I have a $20 air pump and a $8 airstone and I ran the air tube through one of my over fill holes on the bottom bucket like this
420-magazine-mobile816092904.jpg
now if you did it like me your reservoir is a half gallon the buckets full of dirt and you water through the pvc to the res and the soil wicks up as needed. No more bathtub and no more moving the plants when I need to water and or feed. This is my pump
420-magazine-mobile326556447.jpg
its got 4 airports so I can run 4 buckets this way with this one pump. Tell me what you think

Mechanical Engineering at its finest!!! Nice!! Im still at the carrying the 5 gal buckets stage to the tent room. I have wood subfloor and any reservoirs scare me. Maybe one day I will progress. My brain can only process so much my brother! I was scared to check run off but fuck so easy!!!! Maybe one day air pumps, stones. But not yet Ohio so dont waste your time with me with that yet with any explanation. I am getting better at this!!! My 2nd tent runs on its way!!!!! Happier than shit!!!! Great Day dude lets burn!!
:passitleft:

Hi all I'm at day 29 of growth since germination and I'm still pushing full veg nutes trying to get more stretch. When topping I for the first time ever miss cut a topping and killed the vertical growth on my main cola AND to add insult to injury I did it on two of my four plants. I was to fast on the topping trying to save time for regeneration is the only thing I can think of that I did wrong I should have waited just one more day. So my Green Crack and one of my Crystal Meths. I messed this grow up something serious with this mistake AND I feel like these plants aren't what they should be but then again it's not yet even 30 days so I'll see what happens. Here are some pics. This is the Green Crack
420-magazine-mobile754534516.jpg
see how there's no middle
420-magazine-mobile25661532.jpg
420-magazine-mobile393078111.jpg
here is my Stardawg she was successfully topped
420-magazine-mobile1092638771.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1423921390.jpg
this next one is the Crystal Meth that got a bad top and died
420-magazine-mobile426591325.jpg
again see no middle
420-magazine-mobile446854174.jpg
even with all the pistils I'm hoping for more stretch and last is the cm with a proper topping
420-magazine-mobile522354403.jpg
now look at this stretch and how empty the plant looks
420-magazine-mobile1193685221.jpg
420-magazine-mobile323904930.jpg
grouo shot
420-magazine-mobile49388291.jpg
i wanna top the secondary's on the two plants that I killed the colas on and I would if they were photos but as it is I'm outta time so it would be counterproductive at this point. A lesson learned for sure. If anyone has any suggestions or words of encouragement I sure could use them lol. Thanks I hope alls well with all. #global420

Watered and fed today and at day 33 since germination
420-magazine-mobile1427921571.jpg
420-magazine-mobile506325715.jpg
420-magazine-mobile376161377.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1900966669.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1474419061.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1745902261.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1803287019.jpg
still running full strength veg nutes trying to get more stretch outta these girls I am not interested in mini me's as stinky snid calls them lol even though obviously there trying to flower another one or two weeks of veg nutes then full strength flower nutes and that's when they really take off also with this grow I've added a foliar that I spray every other day it's the SnS a-b I'm using the a which is the veg nutes and then the b when I flip I can't see any obvious benefits yet but mostly I'm sure the benefits are not seen ya know hope alls well with all

Back
Top Bottom