Ok I tried growing some more Autos and am having problems again

NewBee157

Well Again I decided to try Growing a couple of autos and like 4 week in this is what I have on my hands ... I have no frigging clue what is going on with them
orange bucket is a unknown from a seed grab bag kinda thing ..White Bucket is a Banana Purple punch
Both in Pro Mix the yellow and black bag
PH 6.3 - 6.5
Nutes are Ph Purfect Micro Grow and Bloom
I tried in week 3 to give them 1ml per gal of nutes to get them started and it seemed to trigger this

So I dumped all the water out of the reservoir and replaced it with just water, Did not seem to help
next day I gave them 3ml of cal Mag in a Gal of water did not seem to help ,Possibly got worse

So If any of you guys can tell me what to do with these things next Please let me Know I HATE auto's I have all kinds of problems with them can't the just sit there and grow like the Photos .... What a Pain in my ass ... Any way I'm on a rant .. Here are some Pics of my little pains in my ass. Thanks For any help ... Grow Weed they Said .....And yes I did bend it like that it was into the light and had to do something with it ..My shower is already full :lot-o-toke: :rolleyes:

20231129_215701.jpg

20231129_215523.jpg

20231129_215614.jpg

20231129_215513.jpg

20231129_215537.jpg

starting to flower so it needs nutes re-balanced. looks like it got too close to the light at the top and suffered heat burn.

looks like you started it in a regular promix garden mix with nutes and missed the hand off to bottle nutes. i'd try going with hp in the future or other non-nuted mix and get your nutes under control from the beginning.

no idea what the yellow and black bag is or what is in it. doesn't sound like a standard cannabis media.

PH 6.3 - 6.5
Nutes are Ph Purfect Micro Grow and Bloom

are you ph'ing ? that media may be buffered. i'd check to be sure.
you are not supposed to ph with that particular nute as it can cause issues.

I tried in week 3 to give them 1ml per gal of nutes to get them started and it seemed to trigger this

So I dumped all the water out of the reservoir and replaced it with just water, Did not seem to help
next day I gave them 3ml of cal Mag in a Gal of water did not seem to help ,Possibly got worse

kinda seems like you are just throwing stuff at them in the dark with no plan or idea.

first thing to do is pick a media, then go with a proven nute line that works with that media. for now you need to feed these guys for flower.

I have been figuring that trying to get the full potential from an autoflower grow involves a lot more effort than most growers realize. Auto-flowers are not the type of plant to practice basic gardening techniques like when and how to transplant. Or the best plants to experiment with changes in fertilizer doses just to see what works or not.

Well Again I decided to try Growing a couple of autos and like 4 week in this is what I have on my hands ... I have no frigging clue what is going on with them
Looks like the plants have done really well until just recently. Then, once the change to flowering began they started to starve. Once flowering they need more nutrients than ever.

Start with the pH of your fertilizing water. If you are using the pH Perfect line of Micro, Grow & Bloom there is no reason that I can see to have to adjust pH. The Micro will do that for you automatically. That point is mentioned on the webpage.

Make sure that the entire nutrient schedule is followed. No skipping one of the Micro, Grow or Bloom bottles for that day or for a week unless the schedule says so. Use the amounts shown. Do not hope that a larger or smaller dose will be better.

no idea what the yellow and black bag is or what is in it. doesn't sound like a standard cannabis media.
This is an important point. All growers should know the name of the product they are using and what is in it.

Looking at the companies web site most likely the yellow and black bag is the Pro-Mix "Premium Organic Garden Mix". It is a peat based mix according to the description and the ingredients list.

• Sphagnum peat moss (60-70% by volume)
  • Perlite
  • Coir
  • Gypsum
  • Ground Limestone (for pH adjustment)
  • Wetting agent
  • Mycorrhiza
The web page does not mention using it as a stand alone medium for potted plants. My impression is that is it meant to be mixed with composts or the outdoor garden soils/dirt and then used.

Both the fertilizers and the Pro-Mix eliminate the need to check pH or make adjustments to the water. Unless the water is so acidic or alkaline that it is pushing the extremes at either end.

Your plants are emaciated because you failed to give them enough light. They're textbook example bad and, at this stage of growth, there's very little that you can do to fix it.

It might well be that the plant is doing as well as it is because it's got ruderalis genes. The native habitat of cannabis ruderalis is harsh and perhaps it's the ruderalis genetics that's allowed it to survive in those lighting conditions.

The nute issue could be the wrong mixture or it's that VPD is really bad. Many nutrient issues are a result of VPD.

"Know I HATE auto's I have all kinds of problems with them can't the just sit there and grow like the Photos"
No doubt. It's not because of anything that you've done. All of the experts tell me you just can't get a good crop with autos.

Below are some of pictures of a few auto grows I've done. I wasn't sure of how things would turn out when I started growing autos but it's not because of anything I did wrong; it's the plants' fault. Based on my experience with autos, I've decided to switched to photos. Maybe things will work out better.

IMG_7465.jpeg
IMG_9116.jpeg
IMG_9114.jpeg
IMG_6871.jpeg

Had great success with auto as they don't require such large pots to support them. I grow mine outside and they worked out great.

20230703_120954.jpg

20230703_121007.jpg

20230807_185034.jpg

20230812_172043.jpg

Back
Top Bottom