Okay - Here Goes!

tonythc

Seeds> 6-autofeminized and 1 freebie
Germination> only 3 cracked in water cup in 24hrs.then to papertowel for 2 days and then to final resting place.
Strain> 2 chocolate skunk and 1-unknown

Water>distilled
soil>miracle grow with a little extra perlite
buckets>3 gal.with 12- 1" holes in bottom and 4-1" holes 2" up on side from bottom
Lava Rock>2 1/2 inches deep in bottom of buckets

Nutrients>Miracle grow all purpose and worm juice runoff from my worm bed filtered.

watering schedule>day1-just around the plant not the entire bucket.
day2-worm juice around the plant
day3-miracle grow
day4-repeat

Lighting>1-4ft.T5HO fixture 8 bulb 54 watt 6500k
The tops of my buckets look like crap but I cut 3" off because they were holding too much heat

1-oscillatting fan and 1-small stationary fan

Temps>72 at night and around 86 degrees F during the day
Humidity>48 with mist humidifier From papertowel to today is 3 weeks,I am super stoked!
DSCF33283.JPG
DSCF33221.JPG
unknown17.JPG
choc_skunk.JPG

Thank you Mr Am4zin,This is my first time growing anything besides lawn grass So I am extremely excited to be part of the 420.I am hoping to learn a few things.Any helpful advice would be appreciated.Its been almost 3 decades since I have been this close to our beloved plant.

Everything looks good so far.Been watering with distilled water and keeping humidity around 55 % and temp.78 during the day and at
Night 72.Started misting the tops every 8 or ten hours.Lights are approximately 4 to 6 inches from tops.Starting to get that skunky hint in the air after watering.
Will take pics tonight.

Noticed some fungus gnats today going to let them dry out a bit before taking on the gnat problem.Hung some fly strips then going to try the peroxide and water to start route hopefully this will work.The baby freebie is much smaller.
DSCF3333_2_.JPG
DSCF3332_2_.JPG
DSCF3331_2_.JPG
DSCF3334_2_.JPG
DSCF3335_2_.JPG
DSCF3336_2_.JPG

Got out the magnifying glass since my eyes are not what they use to be.Found 6 fungus gnats on the fly strip.Turned up the soil about 2" down to get some fresh air and help dry things up some.Found out real quick overwatering can be a big problem.Going to let them dry out a bit more.

Applied the water and peroxide solution yesterday morning.Added a little more cool air to drop the temp.while using all 8 lamps.Clipped a couple of leaves so the underlying growth could get some light.Things look good right now.
DSCF3342_2_.JPG
DSCF3341_2_.JPG
DSCF3340_2_.JPG
DSCF3337_2_.JPG
DSCF3338_2_.JPG
DSCF3339_2_.JPG

Quick question,would now be a good time to maybe pull some branches over a bit and tie them down so that the undergrowth can benefit from some light?

:goodjob: happy lookin girls mate. I'd be tying them down now. A little lst never hurt :thumb:

Thank you sir,just got done tying one of the girls down, I kept the tip just a little bit below the bend.Cant wait to see how this turns out.Its amazing at the thoughts going thru my mind while sitting, smoking and just taking in everything that your little plants are trying to tell you is awesome.I will soooo do things different next grow.

Thank you sir,just got done tying one of the girls down, I kept the tip just a little bit below the bend.Cant wait to see how this turns out.Its amazing at the thoughts going thru my mind while sitting, smoking and just taking in everything that your little plants are trying to tell you is awesome.I will soooo do things different next grow.

You'll be amazed at how quick they turn back upto the light

Overnight about 90% were looking up.I was checking out some 3000k agromax T5 bulbs on ebay today 8 for $ 45.00.Found T5 2700k for $18.00 each.So would you be able to see that much diiference in your grow going from 3000k to 2700k?Oh Yeah, moved the baby freebie outside last night and it looks to have grown 2 1/2 inches and gotten really dark green.

Ordered 4 agromax pure bloom and 4 agromax pure par veg.lamps.Should be here by friday.The pure bloom may get here a little late for this round but I dont know yet.I have read and heard good things about these lamps only time will tell.

Negativenergy thanks for the knowledge on the miracle grow I was scratching my head as to why I had the gnats.First thought was I got excited and overwatered as I have read this is a common problem for a newbie grow.Been doing a lot of reading lately on types of mediums.Also been collecting a good amount of rainwater.Cant wait to use the knowledge I have gained here on my next grow.

update on babies and bulbs;Last week I put the freebie runt outside because I was really worried she wasnt going to make it.Today it looks like she has grown a foot taller but not very bushy.As to be sure what this plant is I have no clue whether its a male or female ,type or strain seeing it was a freebie.I have been checking it often for male or female characteristics.We have had some really crappy weather lately with little to no sunshine but its suppose to clear up friday.I put one of the Auto's outside monday to just experiment and see how much difference this would make compared to the new bulbs.I have 1 still under the new bulbs that looks really good considering I didnt know what the heck I was doing but none the less I am still happy and proud.The new bulbs got here 4-agromax T5HO pure par veg and 4-pure bloom.The color of the bloom bulbs look really orange and the pure par veg bulbs look purple almost when flipped on.Going to keep the bloom bulbs on for the remainder .Here are some pics.
DSCF33573.JPG
DSCF33564.JPG
DSCF33553.JPG
DSCF33545.JPG
DSCF33532.JPG
DSCF33522.JPG
DSCF33482.JPG
DSCF33473.JPG
DSCF33462.JPG
DSCF33434.JPG
DSCF33443.JPG
DSCF33452.JPG