Olddog Newtricks First Grow White Widow Indoor Soil LED

Good to know.
I was also wondering how you liked the strawberry fields from FF.
I like it but, really don’t have anything to compare to.. lol
It’s not so hot it burns up seedlings but after 3 to 4 weeks you have to be adding nutes.
I did add 15% perlite to improve drainage and air at the roots.

They have definitely perked up and are finally stretching. They just got a new light so I could use this one in the new starter tent. Hopefully they like the IR and far red.
I did some defoliation… twice… (more than I thought I’d do) and they didn’t seem to mind. Honestly not sure if I should be trimming leaves while they are flowering but… so far so good.
They got a good feeding tonight and the new light. I guess we will see if they approve.. lol

IMG_3106.jpeg

IMG_3105.jpeg

I think they like the new light!
Gave em a good feed and another light trim. They haven’t looked this happy in a couple weeks!.. glad to see them coming around.
They smell fantastic!

IMG_3109.jpeg

I’m getting a lot of yellow. I had the calendar marked for today, according to the information from the breeder I should start watching for them to finish up starting now.
Is the yellowing normal for end of flower? Or do I need to hit them heavy on feed this week?
I watered yesterday so won’t be able to feed till tomorrow or Thursday. The buds on these are smaller than I expected but there are quite a few of them. I see a few pistols starting to turn color. I guess I just need to know from one of you gurus if this is normal or am I having deficiencies?

IMG_3117.jpeg

IMG_3118.jpeg

IMG_3119.jpeg

IMG_3120.jpeg

IMG_3121.jpeg

IMG_3122.jpeg

Any advice or insight on this would be much appreciated!

Some yellowing is normal, but what you are seeing is most definitely a deficiency
I don't know your feed schedule so I can't tell if it is a lockout or a true deficiency though
I would apply a balanced eg 4-4-4 with micros/seaweed, should green up again in a few days

Perfect
Thank you, they should be dry enough to feed tomorrow
I appreciate the help!

Hi. Nice set up. What is the black box with the duct next to the tent on the left (picture of your set up at the start)?
It’s a humidifier

Still looking weeks away from my house Dog. Lots of pistils.
That’s a good thing really, those buds need to get their weight up.
Gonna do some more defoliation and a heavy feed as soon as the buckets are light.
Thanks for the advice

Pistils are starting to show some color. I’ve hit em with feed and just did a sledgehammer flush this morning. I didn’t want to flush nutes out, since I’m struggling to get them in so, I tried something different.
The bottle says you don’t have to stop feeding to do the flush so, I added big bloom and cal mag along with the sledgehammer. I hope it works ok because it just so happens that this combo actually balances my ph at 6.9 so, I didn’t add up or down.
Trimmed some yellow and dead leaves along with some growth that will never amount to anything. I’ll let em dry for a couple days and hit em again with some heavy feed.
Not seeing any amber trics yet so I’m assuming a couple more weeks yet.

IMG_3148.jpeg

IMG_3149.jpeg

IMG_3150.jpeg

IMG_3151.jpeg

IMG_3154.jpeg

I need some handholding here as these girls finish up.
Being autos, they have pretty much outran the feeding schedule from Fox Farm.
This being my first grow I’m not confident in when to harvest.
Should I stick to the schedule or skip ahead to the finishing weeks?
my next feeding should be week 8 on this schedule but, I know they don’t have 4 or 5 weeks left.
Can you tell by the pics about how much time I should expect them to take?
They look cloudy to me but, I don’t see any amber yet and the pistils are starting to change color.
Any help this noob can get is appreciated!
Posting the same questions with different pictures of my other strain in the appropriate journal… link in sig.

IMG_3173.jpeg

IMG_3171.jpeg

IMG_3170.jpeg

IMG_3169.jpeg

Well, one thing I’ve learned is that by popping a seed then putting it straight into a 5 gallon container is that it makes watering a pain in the ass. When you water a small plant in a large pot, it takes so long to dry back that it doesn’t leave much opportunity to add nutes. When I did add nutes, it was probably more than the plant needed, then had to wait to water again. I think it was too much back and forth for the smaller plants. It didn’t affect the bigger 3 I had in the other tent so, I believe at this point that is why one strain did so much better than the other. It’s the only reason I can think of. So yeah, im learning but figuring out how to use what I learned is the hard part.. lol
Caught this cool pic tonight when I went to water. Martha and Courtney holding hands!

IMG_3204.jpeg

I’m actually a little concerned with the WW’s at the moment. They’ve been a little too droopy, and not growing as fast as it seems they should compared to my blueberry cheese. The cheese was planted a week after the WW’s but have blown past these girls.
Seems like the droop is more severe before lights out so, I started turning the lights off an hour earlier and went from a 4/20 cycle to 6/18.
Pots were pretty light yesterday but I was busy and didn’t get to water them. FF schedule calls for a sledgehammer flush around now so, that’s my plan today. A full watering with sledgehammer to break up any salt buildup.
Maybe not big enough pots mate, especially because your using soil!

I need some handholding here as these girls finish up.
Being autos, they have pretty much outran the feeding schedule from Fox Farm.
This being my first grow I’m not confident in when to harvest.
Should I stick to the schedule or skip ahead to the finishing weeks?
my next feeding should be week 8 on this schedule but, I know they don’t have 4 or 5 weeks left.
Can you tell by the pics about how much time I should expect them to take?
They look cloudy to me but, I don’t see any amber yet and the pistils are starting to change color.
Any help this noob can get is appreciated!
Posting the same questions with different pictures of my other strain in the appropriate journal… link in sig.

IMG_3173.jpeg

IMG_3171.jpeg

IMG_3170.jpeg

IMG_3169.jpeg
I might go with the schedule of the last two weeks. Removing Big Bud will take a good amount of N and that's ok and good at this time. Keep full feeding for the duration. Watch trichomes for the color you may be interested in. I go anywhere from all milky to some milky and lot's of amber. Any place in that range will please you. In time you can feel around how the different trich colors affect you.

Watering is one of the toughest things! There's 2 links in my siggy to watering tutorials below if you'd like to read some. There's some good tricks in them both.

I might go with the schedule of the last two weeks. Removing Big Bud will take a good amount of N and that's ok and good at this time. Keep full feeding for the duration. Watch trichomes for the color you may be interested in. I go anywhere from all milky to some milky and lot's of amber. Any place in that range will please you. In time you can feel around how the different trich colors affect you.

Watering is one of the toughest things! There's 2 links in my siggy to watering tutorials below if you'd like to read some. There's some good tricks in them both.
Thanks!
This next grow is gonna be in a sip so, I hope that eliminates some of the hassle.
If you look at my link in my sig on the blueberry cheese, you’ll see I have had completely different results. The difference between the two makes me wonder if it’s something I’m doing or just genetics. Same soil, same pots and same watering practices but, vastly different results. I’ll post update pics when I get home but, I’m starting to worry that these won’t make it to harvest.
I did skip the water only this time and fed them again at the week 9, and will do like you said and feed ever time until the end (which I hope is soon on these)

Wondering if I should lollipop them all at this point or just keep plucking bad leaves. The tips are dying back and my thought is that if I remove foliage, the buds will get all the nutes and I may be able to save em…. Any thoughts and advice is appreciated as always!

Back
Top Bottom